weird pistol collection

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by GA_Silver, Feb 25, 2016.

1. GA_Silver

GA_Silver Member

This may sound weird, but I collect junk pistols......Lorcin, Davis, etc. The junkier the better....does anyone else collect saturday night specials?

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Only the Hi Point versions...:rofl:

3. GA_Silver

GA_Silver Member

Hey! Hi Points are nt SNS!..lol

4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Yes SIIIIR,

I have a extensive collection of the old Top Break/Push Pin Cow Boy Guns, RG .32s, .38s and .25s, bunch of Davis, Jennings and Ravens.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Isn't a SNS an inexpensive cheaply made handgun that you could toss away if needed? I'd say Hi-Points qualify. Hell, .38sp revolvers were referred to as SNSs. Just try and find one cheaper than a HP.

6. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Adam01364 does, so does Kiln, and Greg_r. Adam is a mod on the Bryco, Jennings, Jimenez forum, which also includes Hi Points, Phoenix, Ravens, and Lorcins. Kiln and Greg are on there, too, and I just recently joined because I have a Phoenix hp22. I used to havrcs Raven 25acp, and regret not having it. Want to try to get another one some day.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why? So you can have a cheap gun that shoots expensive ammo?:confused:

8. sarahsmom

I know it's weird, but it like I need to replace the 3 guns I had in Oklahoma and sold. There not on the short, must have list, but on the maybe someday "gravy" list.

9. sarahsmom

The other 2 I had were a Stevens model 30, and s Winchester 30/30 lever action.

10. missiledefender

Because theyre surprisingly accurate and reliable for a POS/Pot Metal pistol...?

11. sarahsmom

Probably the only one I will be able to replace is the Raven .25. The others are kinda' out of my league now. :(

12. For some reason I have thought about a starting a sns collection. But I save my money and eventually forget about it. But they always catch my eye while in the pawn shop.

I may think äbout it again someday.

13. missiledefender

I agree, they have a draw for some reason. I like shooting them too. Its always exhilarating: BANG..nope, didn't blow up...BANG..nope, didn't blow up...BANG..nope, didn't blow up...BANG..nope, didn't blow up...BANG..nope, didn't blow up

It's like Roulette...with a gun

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's all fun & games till "Bang. Where's my freakin' fingers?"

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:ga_silver!!!
    I see you have met most of the principals ;)

It's like...sig fodder:rofl:
    Just struck me funny :D

16. GA_Silver

GA_Silver Member

I didn't expect such a warm welcome from the SNS community. I had a Intratec "Tec 38" derringer once that I would love to replace.....remember that one?

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ah, c'mon...you can get the new version of the Stevens 30 right now...just send me your AR, and I'll ship my 30 to you.:p

And for those that don't have a freaking clue that I'm joking...yes, in my joke scenario, we would be using FFLs and obeying all Federal and state laws regarding shipping and transfer.:cool:

18. GA_Silver

GA_Silver Member

raven

I really like those old Ravens. They always worked and were just right for pocket carry. One can make a hobby out of collecting the different models of Ravens out there.

19. histed

histed Supporting Member

Welcome to the jungle, GA.
    [​IMG]

Personally, I love cheap guns. One of my may character flaws. Pay no attention to Mole - he is easily amused and he like EXPENSIVE guns (one of THEM!)

20. Sarahsmom "outed" me!!

Yup, I collect the so-called "Saturday Night Specials", "Suicide Specials", "Ring of Fire" pistols (and whatever else they're called.) Raven-Phoenix, the Bryco-Jennings-Jimenez lineup, the Davis-Lorcin-Cobra lineup, Sundances, and in a non-Zamak twist: a small number Sterling Arms pistols. I blame the '68 GCA for my fascination with Zamak: our thoroughly misguided congressional and senatorial "leaders" decided to ban the importation of small handguns from Europe "to curb gun violence", and in doing so, opened the door for American entrepreneurial enterprise in one George Jennings, who created the Raven P-25; the '68 GCA resulted in an explosion of more inexpensive firearms flooding the marketplace than ever before imagined.

Anyway - my limited Hi-Point collection is an extension of my fascination with inexpensive firearms.

Lest anyone think I'm entirely off my rocker (Moonzie might, LOL) Mr. Mole can attest that the pendulum swings in the other direction as well, I have multiple Browning High Powers and Baby Brownings.

In short, I love'em all. Like my tagline says: "There's only one other three letter word that is more fun than gun."

Here's a pic of the most beautiful and rarest of Ravens in my collection: A factory chrome engraved, faux pearl handled MP-25. There has to be more of them out there, but this is the only one I've ever seen.

Attached Files: