Well....Bushnell TRS-25 sucked. Caldwell Brass Trap is great.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by ajole, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So, took the re-assembled kaboom gun to the range to re-zero it, and put the new TRS-25 on an AR pistol.

The whole process of removing the scope, removing the barrel, getting the stuck round out, and reassembling...and I was about 1/2 inch off zero at 25 yards. Not too bad. Didn’t go longer range, because the next thing at 25 yards was a pain.

Started zeroing at 25...and it was ugly. I’d get it close, then things were off again. 15 rounds, no joy. So I moved closer, same problem...and then I noticed the front lens was sticking out the front of the tube, the O-ring was showing, and I could (and did) push it back in with my finger. Shot a few more, and the thing is starting to walk out again.

So I shut it all down in disgust. But then I remembered the other gun was great, and the brand new Caldwell brass catcher had worked just fine. It’s the “Brass Trap”, you can set it on a table, a tripod, or wherever. So much nicer than hanging it on the gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KSR

KSR Member

That’s a shame, I’ve had good luck with my TRS-25 but it’s only been mounted on a PS90 and M&P 15-22 Rifle so nothing with any recoil to really test it.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's pretty rough news about the TRS-25. You might have just gotten a lemon. Have contacted Bushnell?

onefootleft likes this.
  4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

can you maybe write an article about these? It's time for me to start begging and pleading for articles again. I've got one set to post tomorrow and then it's back to the keyboard if I can't cry loud enough for someone to write an article or two.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nope, went straight to Amazon return, got something else already on the way.

6. Think1st

Florida
    And that is a good solution. What is replacing it?

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Tacticon Armament Predator V1, $35. I figured if the mount was any good, it’s worth half that on it’s own.

[​IMG]

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sounds like another great candidate for a review for the article section. :)

9. Think1st

Florida
    That looks just like the TRS-32 I got on sale for about the same price.

10. I like that brass catcher. I haven't had much luck hanging the ones on guns. Sometimes I've been using a hat hanging on the scope which works pretty good for me. At least it keeps the brass where I can find it.

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Red dots don't work with everyone's eyes evidently. I handed my Extar to a friend and he couldn't do anything with the TRS25 I had bought in a combo deal from PSA. I cranked the dials and it worked just fine. Crap happens. It has 11 different settings on brightness.

I hope you contacted Bushnell.