Well...FINALLY replaced it!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Mar 16, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

While I was in Phoenix I had a chance to FINALLY pick myself up another 995!!! It still has some "assembly" required, but it was a former ATI so it's perfectly fine!! Didn't have a chance to shoot it since we (my little sis and her new husband-to-be) wanted to go shooting in the early AM and didn't want to wait till the afternoon to get it. Stef is STOKED since she really likes something a little lighter with her health, and when you're 5'1" and you shoot an Enfeild .303 for 100 rounds anything lighter is a nice change.

Would post pics, but had to drive back up to Flag on short notice.....thanks again HP4Lyfe!!

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Alright! it is about time congrats.....

3. Good for you! It's always good to know there's another HP out there in action. It's like an angel getting it's wings lol

4. mattk

mattk Guest

Good times. A 995 is one of the guns i wouldnt be without. Will it wear an ATI stock or Hi-Point?

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

It previously wore an ATI stock, but HP4Lyfe swapped it out for the original hardware, which pleases me :D I'm one of those freaks, with factory recommendations aside, actually prefers the factory stock. It came with a BSA reddot scope and an extra mag, but the scope will probably be paid forward since I've never really been a user of one. I'm just happy to have my stormtrooper blaster back!

6. congrats neo, now dont let this one get away from you. ;)

7. Ari

Ari Guest

Give that scope a try. You might like it...

8. I agree with Ari, I never tried a red dot scope until I got into the hi point carbines, and now I love them.

9. mattk

mattk Guest

Yeah, you might like that red dot after you give it a try. I had never used one untill i purchased my 995 with a bsa 30mm. Now i like it alot, at least on the 995.

10. I would give the Gunny to Neo, but I am sure someone here can cover it... I just don't want him to think that I am harrassing him cuz he's one of my Moderators... :wink: :D

Neo, POST PICS!!!!

11. neothespian

neothespian Member

It would be deserved....but the camera is packed in a crate and I currently don't even have time to breath much less pull it out and try to get it going for pics, so they will have to wait.

12. griff30

griff30 Member

Where is that foul mouthed gunny when you need him....

13. Well, here you go Neo, you "deserve" it as you said... All in good fun my friend. Hope it helps to keep your mind things... :wink:

[​IMG]

14. hp4lyfe

hp4lyfe Member

glad you like it neo, dont let it get away from you. as for me i really like the .40 just need to find the time to take it her out. oh yeah i also found that other mag for the 995 so if you want we can exchange addresses so i can ship this mag and you can ship the one for the .40. thanks again sorry i had you all over phoenix.

15. neothespian

neothespian Member

Bah, I didn't mind. I was just worried because we went out shooting earlier that day and my little sis put nearly 70 rounds past her Enfield and she was beat and all sore as hell. We were originally headed up North to Paridise Valley so she could crash before you called, so she was beat tired and irritable. It's bad when the guy who's going back to driving a cab gets lost in central Phoenix :roll:

But, as anyone who lives here can attest, when your streets change names 4 times by the time you get to one side of the town to the other, it gets irritating.

16. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Guest

I hate driving through Phoenix too, those six way intersections will drive you nuts.Phoenix and Albuquerque are the only two places I've ever gotten lost. Do not stray too far off I-40 in Albuquerque either.