well that sucks......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by talon, Nov 15, 2015.

1. talon

talon the banned wagon

Thought id go enjoy a nice couple hours shooting, but when i got down to my range and went inside the pole barn i found the side door has been jimmied open.
    Other than a small flatscreen television, whoever came to visit also took 5 ammo cans (roughly 2000 rounds of 7.62, 1200 rounds of 45acp and a couple hundred rounds of 9mm) that were on the table.
    That'll eff up your mood right quick.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It'll show up somewhere..... Too much ammo to hide. Hopefully not some Jacktard you know.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

You are right.....that sucks...:mad:

4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

That sucks Talon, time to store the ammo in the house... that way if they come back for more they'll get to see your smiling face before they meet their end!!

Keep an eye on craigslist etc to see if they are selling it, we all know criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Officers coming to take a statement, but the one on the phone said "yeah, youre pretty much SOL on ever seeing that again."

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :mad:
    MOLE's Even PO'ed! :mad:

Or hopefully it IS?
    Vengeance is HIS, Sayeth the KLAW? ;)

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

There's more in the house Visper, that wasjust what i kept at my range so i didn't have to lug it around. Its out in the middle of nowhere pretty much (at least in terms of the area).
    No guns were kept there, just the ammo, a fridge and miscellaneous junk.

8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Ah, ok. I assumed you had more but I figured that was all they could carry.

Does homeowners insurance cover ammo? I know it sounds funny but you never know. I know I have a 500.00 deductible. Between the TV/Ammo cans/Ammo you should be able to cover at least half of that.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its been used like this for 12ish (?) years without an issue. Just my turn for something sh!tty to happen to.

I do plan to ask if the ammo is covered but the rest of it, isn't worth even making a claim.

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Adding it all together, maybe you get a check big enough to
    cover the ammo and the cans? I'd list everything that was
    janked... maybe you get lucky and come out even on the boolitZ... :confused:

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

What a bunch of bulls shi#. Does anyone know where Mole was last night?

12. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I think I would be suspecting Wizard. He gets back to the USA and Talon gets robbed. Coincidence?

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

Just noticed, an aluminum ladder is gone too.

Cops took a statement, told me what i already knew, not gonna bother calling back about the ladder.
    Will check with insurance company tomorrow.

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

......he did say he wanted to come over. Hmmm

Bad part is, not even sure when it happened. Haven't been out here since last weekend.

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm putting up cameras eventually. Inside and outside of the house and both garages. I've already set it up so the dogs can be inside the main house while I'm gone but still be able to get out in to the yard through a doggy door, then in to the main garage through another doggy door.

I'm not a big fan of humans in general, and only trust a select few. My dogs are trained the same way.

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

Im a very friendly guy, myself. I open up well to everyone and am most always chipper and happy towards humanity. My dog on the other hand, he's a d!ck.

17. lsi1

lsi1 Member

Talon let me start off by saying I'm sorry that really sucks. The craigslist local trading sites are a good place to look certainly worth the attempt. My wifes cousin was successfully able to revcover a compound bow that had been stolen from him a couple years ago when he saw it for sale on craigslist.

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ill look, but being ammo, its likely going to be used up. Firearms are not exactly rare in my location. And there's alot of FB groups, etc always selling it. It was just boxed ammo inside ammo boxes, (a wooden surplus crate for the 7.62) so it will be about impossible to tell unless they're stupid enough to sell it as a lot.

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Thats why we all warm up to you so easily.

20. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

What a fricken drag Talon! I am sorry to hear that. People suck!