Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to have an intimate look at Taurus Judge earlier. I've shot it a few times in the past, one .410 here and there, at the range when I did my CCW, and another time when I bought a gun and got a free range pass. I spent the better half of the last hour shooting it, maybe ~75 rounds. And about 10 rounds of .45LC.

At first I loved the gun, thought it was awesome and wanted one. But now, I think I'll pass. The .410 shell is worthless for almost anything other than shooting at grasshoppers. It don't pattern worth a shit, even the expensive rounds that Federal sells labeled "Made for the JUDGE" and some various buckshot, slugs, and some other rounds we found in my buddies truck. At ~10 yards the pattern is so loose it's just like throwing a handful of sand at somebody. We used a dusty old piece of plywood we found at the farm to shoot at, and get some patterning done. It didn't even penetrate the plywood, just left some dents. The .45LC rounds blew right through it, and the tree we propped it up on. But .45LC is WAY too expensive to just shoot with for fun.

Aside from performance, the gun it's self if very well build, the "gripper" grips felt funny, but did their part on dampening recoil...I think. We had an old SA revolver there too also chambered for the .45LC and it was a night and day difference in recoil. It shot exactly where we aimed it(out to about 25 yards.) The .410 kicked harder than the .45LC too....

It's a fun gun, and very unique. Until I get a chance to shoot the Magnum version with some meaner .410 rounds, I think I'll pass on it...or at least move it to the bottom of my "want" list.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Maaso, I know...I would love to have one but I'm not forking out $500 and more for one. That's what they are running for in my neck of woods. :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I <3 mine. You would be suprised at the 410 rounds against small game. I "HAD" a **** problem. They were killing my chickens and I trapped them and 1 410 #4shot from about 15 feet killed them instantly. I trust it enough to keep it in my nightstand loaded with, in this order, .410 #7 - .410 #4 - .410 000 - .45lc - .45lc

If they can make it thru the 3 410 rounds, the 2 45s will deff get them

·
Registered
555 Posts
I <3 mine. You would be suprised at the 410 rounds against small game. I "HAD" a **** problem. They were killing my chickens and I trapped them and 1 410 #4shot from about 15 feet killed them instantly. I trust it enough to keep it in my nightstand loaded with, in this order, .410 #7 - .410 #4 - .410 000 - .45lc - .45lc

If they can make it thru the 3 410 rounds, the 2 45s will deff get them
Good luck on the #7 or even #4 .410 stopping much in the way of a full grown 2 legged predator. I wouldn't go smaller than 00 buck, slug, or .45 Colt on that task-- not that #7 wouldn't stop me, but I aint breaking into homes...
8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts