Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to range today. Expended around 250 rounds with my XD-9 and Hi Point 995 Carbine. Had a very good day with both guns with only one FTF in my pistol. Took my friend and he did not even know what the carbine was, said " thought it was a AirSoft rifle". Well after firing it and seeing the accuracy of this fine weapon he too is now a Hi-Point Carbine believer. Either way it was a great day and here are some pics. 995 ate Remington UMC, WWB and Winchester 147gr hollow points. Around 400rds since I have bought it and only thing Ive done is rod the barrel and with 0 malfunctions.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Nice job.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
30 ' is only 10 yds thats easy show me 30yds .Everyone post close targets i 'd really like to see what these thing can do .I'm having a hard time getting ammo had mine out once an was getting about 4 " @ 35 yds the frt site post is too heavy ,I'm going to take and put a fine fiber optics stick on the frt and see what happens--RR--

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fist-sized groups at 50 yards are common with my 995. At 100 yards things widen out but man-sized targets are no problem at all. I'd say my 995 is as accurate as my AK, and that's a lot considering we're comparing an intermediate rifle round to a pistol round.

I agree that the front sight is a little fat. It's great for getting a quick sight picture and hitting larger or closer targets- which I guess it was designed for. But I think the weapon is more accurate than these sights- an M16 type front sight would probably allow much better groups beyond 50 yards, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts