Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many failures today at the range like every mag I load with full capacity it would fail but when I load 8 rounds in the crappy hi point magazine it would should with no failure

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
New gun? Used gun? First time out with it? New mags often need the springs "broke in". Load them full and let them set for two weeks OR get a paint stirer and work the mag follower about 1000 times while doing whatever you do. People here willing and able to help, but throwing a fit on your first post ain't gonna win you friends or help real quick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
New gun? Used gun? First time out with it? New mags often need the springs "broke in". Load them full and let them set for two weeks OR get a paint stirer and work the mag follower about 1000 times while doing whatever you do. People here willing and able to help, but throwing a fit on your first post ain't gonna win you friends or help real quick
I was just frastrated that I thought my gun would perform better then it did I wasn’t throwing a fit I was explaining that I had quite some failures I still like the gun and the hi point performance with less rounds in the mag but if you load the mag up total capacity it spits double feeds and failure to feed but overall for what I paid for the firearm you can’t beat It

wish the magazines where a little bit better made it would of made a big difference

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
So let's start again. Mags have always been the weak point on these guns and the C 9 seem to be the worst one. How many mags do you have? Are the all doing this? Can you post pics of fully loaded mags? I'm betting these are brand new mags and need to be broken in. everyone else will tell you the same thing I already said about the mags. Keep working the springs and let the mags sit fully loaded. The more you work them the better they'll get. If ytou're stil having problems after, say, 300 rounds, call Mom. She'll send you new mags for free

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2 JCP 40 cal. pistols and suggest that you do the following. This is based on my own experience: Fully load both mags and let them sit for a couple of weeks. As far as the double feeds, this is odd to me. Are the little rabbit ear lips angled in? If not, try bending them in a bit.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Also….are you using regular factory TC FMJ, or are you using JHPs? In the 40 the difference isn’t as big, but it can still affect things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts