Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What pistol do you recommend for a concealed weapon in a 9mm or 45?My C9 or JHP45 just will not do.I am looking for a good gun that is safe and reliable without costing $400.What do you guys recommend?How about the Taurus Millenuim Series guns?Bersa?

·
Registered
735 Posts
i would get a s&w sigma 9mm it holds 16 rounds is very light and a great gun, i know i had one and sold it and i keep kicking myself for it, you can get one for $299.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im with Unc on the Bersa but I also have my eye on a
PF9 like Mrs Kripp posted pics of

·
1,792 Posts
Kel-tec PF9 or p11.

They are excellent CCW pistols. Pocket sized so there is never the excuse It wont conceal well.

Not to mention deffinantly fall in your price range.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking at a Kel Tec p11.What is the difference between the p11 and pf9?Man does it have a long trigger.Right now I carry my phoenix 22 loaded with CCI stingers .I know I know not enough stopping power but I can hit whatever I shoot at for sure.

·
1,792 Posts
I am NOT the kel-tec expert But I believe the PF9 is a single stack thinner model that only holds 6-7 RDS. The p11 is a double stack slightly thicker and holds 10+1 rds.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
In 9mm I would get a Keltec PF9 (which I did). I like it a lot even though it's not a heck of a lot of fun to shoot a lot. I've gotten used to it, but it's a carry gun, not a lets go shoot at the range for a few hours with it gun.
The PF9 is thin enough for pocket carry. P-11 IMO is not. PF9 is a single stack, p-11 is double. Other than that they are pretty much the same.

G

·
I like the p-11 a bunch. I carry it and shoot it (Practice with it) I have no problem putting 400 rounds through it during a day of practice. (The PF9 is to thin for my hands) For the type of money you are talking about I would have to look at the Bersa in 45acp. The fit and finish looks nice, I have not shot one but it feels like it would do fine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would look at the bersa ultra compact in either 45 or 9mm, might look into the sig 225 if i had tohave 9mm as well can be had for less than $300. might also look into the rock island compact 1911 they seem nice. If you are a bit more openin choice can get the CZ 82 which is 9x18 makarov for right around $200 and good cc weapons. There are more i am sure but this isall i can think of at present time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would look at the bersa ultra compact in either 45 or 9mm, might look into the sig 225 if i had tohave 9mm as well can be had for less than $300. might also look into the rock island compact 1911 they seem nice. If you are a bit more openin choice can get the CZ 82 which is 9x18 makarov for right around $200 and good cc weapons. There are more i am sure but this isall i can think of at present time.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I like them small and light for every day carry.
My .45 is a Kimber Ultra CDP II and my 9mm is a Kel-Tec PF-9

The Kimber is about 25 ounces empty and the Kel-Tec is about 13 or so. Add the ammo and either is easy to carry all day long.

G

·
I just thought of another weapon in your price range. Is the Ruger SR9... They are thin and dont feel bad in the hand. High Cap mags, and with the new triggers I think they are turning out to be a nice weapon. So dont over look this one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked at a SR9 yesterday in a local gun shop.Very nice but they wanted $440 for it.I thought that was alittle high.There is a gun show in town next Saterday.Thought I would go to it a be able to see alot of these compacts and maybe make a decision.Cant find a p-9 locally none around.Wanna look at it real good too.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I love my PF9, not a range gun, but very good for what it's designed for, and about as cheap as you can get before you start getting into the "SNS" market (not that there is anything wrong with those, but they are mostly too heavy and bulky, and some have reliability issues). I loved the feel of the Bersa line, but since they are foreign, support is an issue, and they were just too big for what I looked for in a CCW. If I'm going to OC, hell, my Hi Point 45 will do the job. But if I'm CCing, I REALLY CC, and I like the smallest, thinnest gun that gives me the most firepower possible in the package. The PF9 gives me 8 shots of 9mm JHP in the smallest package possible.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Hi there....it all depends what do you want it for....I own the KT PF-9 and it is great if you want a light pistol that can do the job at close distances...also, it has had to go back to the "mothership" twice....I still like it, though.

If you want capacity, then the Bersa UC 9mm holds 13 rounds of whatever kind of 9mm ammo you want to load it with but, the trade off is weight..the reliability (at least in my experience) is flawless. It is still the pistol that I reach for the most. Should be about $350

You will need a good holster, I recommend a UBG Striker IWB (about $60) from Nate Gable......

My experience with the Bersa UC 45 has been rocky but my son in law has one that has been flawless, and his father's also has been flawless. I would recommend any of the models except, the nickel plated one. I might be biased but, I don't like nickel plated. A black one (the finish is very utilitarian, it might not be considered pretty) is about $350

What can I tell you about the Springfield XD that you don't already know..is a good pistol but I'll cost you about $450+...the compact 9mm can hold (I believe) 10 or 16ea depending on the magazine, and is very reliable, light and even with a inexpensive Don Hume IWB holster (about $27) carries very well....

I hope I have helped, good luck with your choices!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aright guys about to make a decision soon.Its between a Kal Tec P11 ,Glock 26 I think is the model # and a Smith & Wesson light weight 38 revolver.Is the Glock worth the cash?Guy at the gun shop says the Glock will out shoot all the rest by far.Says it will group at 50 ft with no problem.I like the idea of the S&W because it is going bang for sure.No failures.What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts