What a $60 catfish looks like....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. Rerun

Rerun Member

Why $60.00?

Caught fishing without a license?

Game prize winner?

Medical treatment for getting a spine in Your hand?

eldar

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Boat rental?

Emergency room visit?

4. SWAGA

Love your concern guys:

$30 for the rod at Walmart, broke the reel, bought another reel at a pawnshop for $15 and lost about $15 worth of weights and tackle before I caught this little guy......lol

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Jugging! Old gallon milk/water/whatever jug, some line, a hook, old chicken parts that have rotted a bit for bait... canoe or boat to chase the jugs...

6. colthrash

colthrash Member

turn that $60 fish into a $6000.00 fish, add a boat (Bust Out Another Thousand).

7. Rerun

Rerun Member

LOL!

I've been THAT route before!

Went fishing at the mouth of the San Banard River with MY nephew and dad!

I brought three of my seldom used and very tangled rod and reels. Got my nephew set up first (he'd never fished before); then my dad, and finally myself.

My nephew caught TEN fish, my dad FIVE fish and by the time I got the last fishing pole ready, I caught a suntan...

Still, the worst day fishing beats the best day at work...

:D

eldar

8. I go catfishing all the time, it's pretty much the only thing around here I fish for as Iowa is packed full of channel cats.

I'm headed out to caught bank lines here in a couple minutes, there's gonna be 3 of use this morning so 15 bank poles, yesterday we caught 9 cat and one turtle the biggest being 10lbs hoping to do the same thing again today.

Research Bank poles and cut bait, Cheap to build and I haven't found a more effective way yet.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

When my son wanted me to go fishing with him to a Father-Son camp-out, I bought a Duck Dynasty branded cammo cheapie setup on clearance at Wal-Mart. It even came with a small tackle-box (a few hooks, bobber or two, some weights, and worthless rubber worms). Less than $20, IMS.

Caught (and released) several fish.

It's up in the attic now, but I'd be glad to sell it to you for $60. Apparently you're a sucker. :rofl:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I got an old Pocket Fisherman lying around somewhere I can sell him at collectors prices.

11. Reminds me of one trip. Guy standing on the bank of a lake fishing. Had several Hundred Dollars of fishing gear with him... I watched for a couple of minutes..... then this stick started to move on the bank, he drops the $$$$ pole and grabs the stick.... at he end of the line was a BASS about 9 pounds.

12. Rerun

Rerun Member

Throw lines.

Leave out the poles - tie off to a tree limb growing on the bank.

eldar

13. In Iowa you can't run limb lines that over hang the water at all. I like to run my bait suspended about 12 inches into the water that way I can run live to cut bluegill without snags.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's what I LOVE about GUNS!
    Gun, box of ammo, Hoppe's #9, nothing more needed :D

15. Rerun

Rerun Member

WoW!

That's so ... sad...

Are Ya'll allowed to hunt large game with rifles yet...?

eldar

16. SWAGA

Just to clarify, I wasn't going for catfish but that little sucker was the only one that liked my bait.....squid lol

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

So liberals can only catch bottom feeders. :)

18. SWAGA

At least I live by the beach....lol

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1438876052.486900.jpg

19. Not really, of the 99 counties here in Iowa I believe the bottom 21 are the only ones that can use rifle for deer hunting.

Gun laws aren't horrible but they could be a lot better here, same with fishing.