Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't go into too many details, but I will tell you this:

We had 3 fuel trucks blow out their bottom loading gaskets in 2 places all in a row this morning, with one of the trucks doing it twice. Yep, that's right, it blew the gaskets, we fixed the truck, then went to fill it again, and the damn thing blew the gaskets AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

As a direct result, I've been covered in DF-2, or ultra low sulfer diesel fuel all day long. I got soaked in it twice today and my skin is on fire.

What a damn day. I need a beer and some sleep, but only after I shower and wash my uniforms. Depending on how crowded the shower room and laundry tent is, that could be about 4 more hours before I can finally get some rest.

Please pray for me, cuz right now, I'm a pretty pissed off SrA.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Prayers sent... hang in there, man, not much longer and you'll be back in the States.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
As an ex-mechanic, I'd say you just need better-than-low-bid parts, or a new engineer to design the stupid things. :D

·
Banned
1,409 Posts
What a mess. Sounds like you guys got a load of bad gaskets.

Sorry I haven't been on much over the last couple of months. I've had a lot of stuff going on. We almost lost our house due to getting caught up in a mortgage scam. Cost me a lot of money to get it fixed and now we have a bunch of other crap to get straightened out as a result.

Keep safe and get home to that sweet wife of yours. My best to you both.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Nothing like diesel fuel rubbing under clothing and sweat, I feel your pain, parts washer solvent does the same thing.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, there was an automatic valve in the piping of the fillstand, with a pilot valve that is supposed to shut down at 35 PSI and another one that is supposed to shut down at 40 PSI and both of those failed. So, when I did my emergency shutdown test on the truck, that valve didn't close to protect the piping, and it blew the seals. 3 trucks, one blown twice. Yeah, they say they fixed it the same day, but I don't know as I haven't tested it myself.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
You using an impact wrench or attach these valves, or a torque wrench?
I had a buddy who went through 9, yes nine, power steering pumps, and each one failed on him... he was so angry about the many trips to the parts house, and always having to wrench on it, so I decided I would help him. We took the bad one out, and mocked up the new one, and he grabbed the impact wrench; which is when I said "Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full" and fetched a wrench and socket w/ ratchet. He didn't have anymore issues.

God I hope that isn't what's going on, but you never know... some people live by the phrase "Close enough for government work".

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, that automatic valve that they said was busted, was in fact busted. It's supposed to shut off at 40 PSI and when the seals blew it was right at 100 PSI. They did get it fixed, and it's working properly now.

All of those seals were put on with box end wrenches and sockets until snug and torqued with a 3/8ths drive foot pound torque wrench.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Good to hear Primal. (That they didn't fudge the install)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts