What Aftermarket Parts Would You Like To See?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Zeus, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Happy Friday everyone,

It sems like the aftermarket for Hi Point Carbines is fairly limited when compared to other rifles. I know there's a few aftermarket companies, but not many. I've been thinking of a few small accessories to make, but I was wondering what kind of products would like to be seen. Maybe myself, joey, longshot, and whoever else could expand the aftermarket for these carbides based on recommendations from everyone.

So what kind of aftermarket parts would you like to see offered?

2. Beergut

Beergut Member

NC
    I just started a thread about Talon grips. I would really like to have some for my carbine. Maybe if enough people put in a request they may do it.

http://talongungrips.com/grip-request.html

3. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

I'd like to see longshot put together a full top rail and buis kit. Or just have it as an option dropdown

It'd be cool if there was someone out there who specialized in converting .40 to 10mm, but Iunderstand the legalities of it

4. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

I'd like to see some options for stocks. Especially something with a M4 style collapsible stock for younger shooters and a fore grip under rail for easily mounting a bipod.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    A metal drop in replacement for the useless floppy under barrel rail on the TS.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The TS has this... :eek:

7. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    In case his original post maybe misunderstood, He wants suggestions for things he can make. :)

8. ArmyRover

The rail I see but collapsible stock option?

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

There are spacers you can take out, that's what I did on mine. Some have even cut part of the stock out on the ts, then joined the butt back on.

10. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

A kit to convert a 9MM carbine to .223. :):):)

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    It has been done 2 or 3 times... also an M4 style folder.

12. ArmyRover

I'm thinking more like AR15 M4 stock so push a lever and in/out it goes. So adjustable to suit the shooter. :)

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

CNC machined grip to take Glock mags and modded mag catch. Either send them out to get modded, or do on a exchange basis.

33rd, or drum? Helllooooooooo?!

14. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Someone did this as a mod, iirc.

15. ArmyRover

I have never made a stock myself, so one that is a prefabbed part I think would be great to see on the market.

I have seen a few done and have been looking at how to use a arch angel ak47 stock. Just not sure about doing it myself.

Swapping a new stock is a breeze though.

16. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

How about a molded plastic stock that ends in a fake buffer tube, so one could mount one of the myriad of AR fixed/collapsible stocks.

Make it slick with AR styled grips, a slim stock, and a removable tri rail on the front.

A .40 carbine set up like that would make a fun modular set up that could go from commando style carbine to a more precision build by swapping stocks and accessories

17. I didn't credit you all being such dreamers... not that there's a fault in that.

Although I am inexperienced with plastic injection, I contacted ATI on purchasing their molds fo their stock. Although I got anything but a straight answer, it seems like there some legal issues there.

And yes, parts anyone with access to a cnc mill or manual Bridgeport can make. I have a few ideas, but we can all use more,

18. ArmyRover

I assumed ati stopped making the stocks due to legal issues with Beretta. So that makes sense.

19. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

We have plans to develop and introduce our own BUIS systems later this year. Also, we are going to introduce our own muzzle brake designs. All of our new products will need to be somehow different or better than many of the other stuff that is already out there in the world, otherwise, there would be no point in pursuing these. Other new stuff on the horizon, too. And here is a little early news on something else that we have in the works....we are collaborating with a local firearms business to start a unique dealership that will be offering complete, brand new HP carbines in various configurations fully outfitted with LongShot rails, shrouds and other accessories. They will be available as complete packages, right off the shelf, in stock, ready to ship or take home right out of the store. This will be the first and only store of its kind in the US where you can buy a fully outfitted HP carbine with all the goodies already installed and ready to go. To top it off, this store also has its own outdoor shooting range with various fields of up to 250 yards. They are already planning to extend beyond 250 yards with yet another field added to their range. There will also be special events taking place there, too. Perhaps some special shooting clubs and competitions set up just for HP carbines? This is very quickly gonna be a very popular store. Stay tuned for more news and an official announcement. Yes, this is really going to happen very soon.
    J.

20. Awesome Longshot! That sounds phenomenal!

It would be great to have an expanded aftermarket for the hi point. Not to the point where China starts making knock off crap, but you know..