What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Must be an RK thing, I've noticed a couple clerks like that myself.

Turns out, the woman that the guy asked to sell him a gun for him and his wife graduated in my class. She told me her hobby now is firearms, so I told her she should join the trap club and she's considering it.

I don't see myself having any problems when she's working the counter and that's a big plus to me. Seems most of the stores I've been to that sell firearms are owned by arrogant asses and some clerks with a bit of firearms background are asses as well, so there are only a few places I'll go.

undeRGRound likes this.
  2. Chef Duane

Chef Duane Member

I thinks that's the same deal I got at Academy.

3. I got it locally at Walmart.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Got part of 100 rounds of .40. The brass was on sale, 100 for $20, bought the last bag they had. Not sure they’ll be restocking, since the interwebz is telling everyone it’s dead. But I’ve got a seriously large stash, so screw ‘em all.

5. I am not worried about stocking up on 9 millimeter Luger ammo. It is mainly just a target shooting round for me. I am looking at getting more 105 to 125 grain .300 AAC Blackout ammunition along with .308 Winchester. I found eighty more rounds of .308 Winchester recently for about $56 recently. I have over seven hundred rounds of .308 Winchester and over six hundred rounds of .300 Blackout.

Also that is really annoying when pricks cannot mind their own business especially when it has nothing to do with them. You were talking with a licensed firearm dealer about your purchase so that idiot had no right to put his worthless two cents worth of advice in.

undeRGRound likes this.
  6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Plus, I know you have 5.56 too, also a battle round. :thumbsup:
    I get a little obsessive in my Stacking LOL

He's lucky I did not catch his name, very lucky.
    I might go in again just to fuss with him.
    And record the 'conversation' :p

He's prolly also a 'cop wannabe' and that is the profile that MUST Be excluded.
    They use 'authority' as a club to beat down everyone else.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

IMO you are very short sighted in your stash. Thinking a 9mm is a "target round" doesn't make sense to me. Show me where I am wrong. 9mm ball claims 10+ deaths every weekend in Chicago. You are behind the 8 ball on your munitions. There is a possibility that in less than 1 year legal ammo purchases may be a thing of the past. Either that so expensive you can't afford it. 9mm fits PCC's and oddles and goo-bobs of hand guns. Mag capacity and weight are big in my way of thinking. Show me where I'm wrong. 9mm has been a staple round since WWI. The US military finally woke up when they adopted the M9.

Even a .22lr is lethal.

We are in the middle of a communist/anarchist totalitarian revolution. I am willing to bet the cops in Salt Lake City are sitting on their hands just like every other big city.

You come up with some thought patterns in the SD field that I find weird. Fretting over long range ballistics for the ultimate best thing. It isn't the main staple of our forces. 300yds or less is what's the most frequent confrontation in Afghanistan.

I'm not going to shoot 1000+yds in TN so the readily available .308/7.62 NATO round is all I am going to invest in.

What caliber can your kids best handle/shoot?

[​IMG][​IMG]

undeRGRound and Dagwood like this.
  8. I haven't got any yet, but I have observed that there seems to be an abundant supply of .22WMR. And, it seems to be priced about like it was pre-pandemic. CCI Maxi-MAG 40 grain TMJ for $0.22 per round.
    I may have to shoot the PMR-30 next time I go out. I was all fired up to get that thing and shot between 300-400 rounds, cleaned it and it's been in the safe ever since.

undeRGRound likes this.
  9. Chef Duane

Chef Duane Member

Anybody ever bought 'blemished' ammunition? Saw a sale at Midway that looked pretty good for blemished ammo. They say it is only 'minor cosmetic blemishes' that don't cause any functional issues but I am a bit leery and wondered if anyone has shot any. Thanks.

undeRGRound likes this.
  10. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Yes, I have. But you do not specify any details about the ammo you speak of.
    Depends to me on who made it first of all. When made, etc. So, I don't think your question can be answered yet.

undeRGRound likes this.
  11. Chef Duane

Chef Duane Member

Ah, ok. Thanks for the feedback. I was inquiring about blem ammo in general but here is a link on the Midway site for some Speer 9mm 115gr TMJ. Didn't know that manufacturer or date a manu made a difference. This doesn't give a date of manufacture. I did order some non-blem from another site. Was just wondering about anyone's experience with blems.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022723239?pid=182687

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Speer = CCI. Probably has minor dents in the cases. It's TMJ so it is copper plated lead. That's high for blems. If you shop around you might find to notch stuff for the same price.

13. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

They don't even have it in yet it says. Nor can I find what they say about the blemishes. Maybe missing it perhaps. I dunno what to think on this one.
    Is is from Speer or perhaps from a Distributor that did not store it properly?
    Wish they had a few reviews.

14. Chef Duane

Chef Duane Member

OK. But in general, blem stuff is ok to shoot and not dangerous to the shooter or the weapon? I guess that's kind of a rhetorical question as I would assume it would not be for sale if it was not safe. And they say its only cosmetic. Ya' just never know and I have not had any experience with blem ammo.

undeRGRound and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  15. TNTRAILERTRASH

Liability would be insane if it was dangerous. I do know I will never ever buy any Browning .22lr. Bullets bent, wiggling, and just total crap. It was sold as first quality :rolleyes:

16. I did order 250 rounds from Cabela's. Shipping is free if the order is over $50.

undeRGRound and Troubleshooter like this.
  17. I didn't buy any today, but I went ammo scouting :)
    I found out last week that Dunham Sporting Goods truck comes late Wed and they put the stock out first thing Thursday morning.
    So, they did have both 9mm and 5.56 range ammo.
    Winchester White Box and Remington Range 115 grain for $29.99 for 100 rounds. Winchester Forged and Wolf steel case 115 grain for $12.99 for 50 rounds.
    In the 5.56 they had the Winchester White Box Bulk 200 rounds 55 grain for $89.99 Federal and American Eagle 55 grain for $49.99 per 100 rounds.
    I didn't take the time to count how many boxes they had, but I could have. It wasn't an incredible amount, but I didn't get there incredibly early either about 11am. But, if you wanted some it was there.

Troubleshooter likes this.
  18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    THIS is how I feel too, but the Man has a Plan, and he's also in the wide open spaces. He can go out and shoot 1000m or more, BUT I'd still stock up on 9mm regardless of who you are or where you live. @1024Megabytes is a great guy, I like to read his viewpoint.

Should be OK for 'practice ammo' at the very least. Like Trashy said, SHOP AROUND...

Certain places have 'floor sweepings' and those can be a great deal. Cases bust open during handling, and 98-99% of the cartridges are totally untouched. Check for those deals too...

19. Last week I was getting ready for a trip to the range and my wife said "don't shoot up all your ammo" and I told her I plan to buy at least one box of some type each week going forward for a while to stock up, because it's not every week I go shoot.

I'm finding that the mom and pop owned sporting goods stores are the way to go because the local corporate owned stores have it flying off the shelves as fast as they get it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020 at 2:25 PM
  20. I don't really have any mom and pop sporting goods stores in my area. I got a gunstore but they are rationing to make sure they have some for gun buyers.
    I took it as a good sign that they had some and if someone wanted to walk in and buy 100 rounds of 9mm they could. I have enough that I don't need to pay $0.30 per round yet.