What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah cheapest I've seen, don't mind waiting. Not going to ship till end of Sept/Oct. But I figure between now and then I will shoot that much prolly... so its to keep my stock levels @ a level I feel comfortable with.

I believe they are still taking pre-orders on most of their back ordered ammo.

Think1st likes this.
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah, that's a good deal. I hope it arrives before you up everything else. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I doubt I could ever even shoot up all the 9mm I have stashed over the last 12 years of cheap pricing. The good stuff. Same with 5.56/223. :)

4. Think1st

Florida
    I go through 2000-3000 rounds a year of 9mm and .45 ACP. I can't keep ahead of that. I'll start reloading like you do when we get a new place where I can have a workshop to do it.

5. OldOutlaw

I don't reload either of them. :) For the last 10-15 years, I have bought by the case of 1000 each for these two. While prices were very cheap most of the time. Like I said, I doubt I can ever shoot it all up. Wife and I shoot up more than your numbers on 9mm every year. A good 4 to 5 thousand rounds of 5.56/223.

Think1st likes this.
  6. Think1st

Florida
    I'm jealous. I'm not allowed enough range trips for that.

7. OldOutlaw

A 200 round case of 145gr FMJ 350 Legend for the old price of $9.78 per 20. Delivered even! :D

1024Megabytes likes this.
  8. Visper

Well got some .30-30 from BassPro, yup BassPro lol. Got 5 boxes @ $13.99 a box and free shipping!!! Its only Herters' but I was down to 80 rounds for my Marlin 336 and Deer Hunting season is right around the corner!!!

OldOutlaw, 1024Megabytes and Rerun like this.
  9. I just got two hundred fifty rounds for 73.2 cents per round of .308 Winchester and that also included all the shipping costs. It is 147 grain full metal jacket.

Visper likes this.
  10. Visper

That price isn't horrible considering... Last time I bought 308 it was .55-.60 a round plus shipping...

I hope prices come down eventually but not holding my breath...

OldOutlaw and 1024Megabytes like this.
  11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I check these places almost daily:

https://ammoseek.com/

https://www.natchezss.com/

https://www.laxammo.com/

I said on another post that I'd never bought from LA but I have ordered once from them.

Ammoseek doesn't show every ammo dealer, but most of the well-known ones plus they give you an indication of what shipping charges are.

I need some 7.62_39 (keyboard letter between w and y not working) but I'm good on all others I use.

My goto place is still SGAmmo.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  12. Visper

Targetsportsusa.com also.

They usually always gave free shipping on bulk ammo. Depending on the round anywhere from 200 rounds plus.

Think1st likes this.
  13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I reload hot 9mm JHP, and weak dipped powder charge plinking stuff. Really, same deal with the .45, 10, and .40. I can do cheaper SD ammo, and cheaper plinking ammo, so unless I find $9 or less for 9 mm boxes, I just don't buy it. The other stuff, my trigger point is between $14 and $18...so I don't buy much.

14. Visper

I know a few posts back I said I finally scored some .30-30 as its been out of stock everywhere, well except for the ridiculously priced stuff. Well a friend stopped over tonight to show me his newest acquisition, a Grand Power Stribog. So we were having a few beers chatting then he says brb gotta run out to the car. He brings me in 3 boxes of Federal HammerDown .30-30 150Gr SP. I asked him a few weeks back to keep an eye out for .30-30.

He said its new stuff - picked it up from his FFL today while doing the transfer.

Totally free - great guy - then again he does hunt my property with me lol.

Anyway there goes another 60 rounds.

1024Megabytes and Think1st like this.
  15. Think1st

Florida
    If you join Ammo Prime, you get free shipping on any quantity and per-box discounts, too. It only took one order to make my money back.

16. Visper

Yeah, thought about that too. Usually when I order from there I get 500 so it is free anyways... but it would be nice for those 4-5 boxes of hunting ammo when I need it.

17. Think1st

Florida
    That's exactly why I joined, as a matter of fact.

Visper likes this.
  18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Bought 500 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 HPBT at SGAmmo for $0.32/round including shipping.
    Dinner will make it $0.40/round when SWMBO finds the package.
    Decent deal me thinks.

undeRGRound, Dubar, ajole and 2 others like this.
  19. OldOutlaw

Bought another 200rd case of 350 Legend FMJ at the OLD price of .49 per round. :D
    Been stocking up on this 350L for awhile. I see today Wolf Gold M193 is up to .58 per round.
    Gonna start using the heavy hitting 350L AR's instead of my 5.56 AR's for range hole punching a lot more now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  20. swampjack

swampjack Member

Just received my June 30th order of 250 full power 10mm 180 grain fmj from Fenix ammunition. Great ammo. Came to.52 per including shipping. Not even taking backorders now.

1024Megabytes likes this.