What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DIRSUPop

DIRSUPop Member

At our local Academy ...... I bought 2 boxes of 6.5 Grendel and 2 boxes of .45LC. I was surprised that prices were not inflated!
    .223, 5.56, and 9mm were restricted to 1 box each and were behind the counter, not on the shelf, but I'm well situated with those...

Rerun likes this.
  2. Mr Guns n Gear posted yesterday that Global Ordinance had 1000 rounds of Tula 9mm for $0.22 per round and .223 for $0.28 but it was gone fast. In fact their servers were overwhelmed and crashed for a while.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Grabagun had 50rds of Tula 9mm for $58 yesterday. Global Ordnance are good people.

4. Bought 220 rounds of 7.62 x 39 full metal jacket brass cased Geco brand ammunition for $12.19 per twenty rounds including shipping costs. I also bought 80 more rounds of Russian 7.62 x 39 hollow point steel cased Tulammo for $21.50 total.

TNTRAILERTRASH and Visper like this.
  5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah brass cased AK ammo can get pricey. I have some but it's mil surp in a spam can. otherwise I refuse to spend over .25-.30 a round on my 7.62x39 steel cased, I miss the .20-.21 cent days... I'll by higher quantity to get the lower price. So considering you got 80 the price was decent.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Local Super WM had a couple of boxes of Winchester 150 gr softpoint .308 for $0.84/round tax incl.
    Double of what I’d like to pay ;)
    Went home with two boxes anyway.

7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Well, you didn't do too badly, given that you got something a little fancier than basic FMJ range ammo.

8. SWAGA

I’ve been buying 165 gr soft point Tula steel case.
    16 inches penetration in 10% gel with good expansion.
    Imagine what that would do on paper, it would be murderous.

This guy’s impressed too

This guy shoots 600 yards with that ammo

Good enough for me at $0.42/round shipped if things aren’t crazy.
    Both short videos for the dialup crowd.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. Think1st

Florida
    I am pretty impressed with those results. A lot of folks bag on Tula, but I've gotten 1.5" groups from my NPAP using their 122gr FMJ.

SWAGA likes this.
  10. SWAGA

That’s why I settled on that ammo.
    Cheap enough for paper punching and good enough for (maybe) hog hunting or missionary work.

Rabidwookie and Think1st like this.
  11. Think1st

Florida
    Like personally introducing people to God, face to face, in the afterlife?

12. SWAGA

[​IMG]

Think1st, OldOutlaw and lklawson like this.
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You have an AR10, so do I. Have you ran this in your gun? Soft points might have a feeding problem.

14. SWAGA

First 40 rounds of brass in a brand new gun then smoked 140-160 rounds of Tula.
    Apart from me not being much of a marksman no issues.
    DPMS Sportical.

undeRGRound and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Can't remember my last ammo purchase, but I am selling some :p

The only thing I would like to have is some hot 357 Magnum, I really
    have NONE of that but I do have a bunch of 38 Special +P that will
    be just fine in my wheel guns. Oh, could use some hot 44 Mags if I
    want to shoot the DEAGLE, but that can wait.

SWAGA likes this.
  16. gambler

gambler Member

Stood in line at Academy this morning because they had 10% discount for ex-military and first responders. I have plenty of 9mm but been shooting more .22 lr recently because I don't want to shoot up my stock of 9mm and it's generally pretty expensive to replace.

I was able to get three boxes of 525 round value pack (3 was limit of any one item), and so I bought two boxes of Federal 9mm 115 gr.

Paid $21.50 for the 22 lr per box, and $10.80 for each box of 50 Federal 9mm after the 10% discount. They had a decent variety of different ammo but not much of most of it. My son-in-law bought 3 cases of .556 but I can't tell you the exact price, but he said it was about same as he had bought it for before.

Discussing with people in line, many were just going to buy whatever they could because they knew they could re-sell it at a profit. So, they bought whatever they could up to the maximum of 5 boxes each person was allowed.

Apparently this is a 3 day a week ritual at every Academy store in this area. So, the hoarding and the people trying to buy up whatever they can get their hands on to price gouge others apparently is alive and well with Academy holding their prices at regular price.

Academy also had Glock pistols in stock for sale too. I thought guns were pretty well sold out but they seem to be able to keep some in stock.

Rerun and 1024Megabytes like this.
  17. SWAGA

Whatcha tell ‘em?
    [​IMG]

undeRGRound likes this.
  18. gambler

gambler Member

I guess I probably stated that somewhat incorrectly. The couple of people I was talking to in line said they knew people in the line that were there every day that new shipments came in and that they "knew" some of them were re-selling it on eBay and stuff.

So, I really did not directly speak to anyone who said that is what they were doing. But it doesn't surprise me really.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. SWAGA

undeRGRound likes this.