What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. SDProf

SDProf Supporting Member

I grabbed a box of Black Hills 5.56 77gr OTM at the LGS. Same price as it's always been.

Need to build up my stock of social use rifle ammo.

undeRGRound and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.

2. gambler

gambler Member

Academy had the CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain copper for 8 cents a round and 10% off, so about 7 cents a round. Funny that there was plenty of that on the shelf after all of the 525 round boxes of Federal 22 lr was long gone. Limit was 3 boxes of any one caliber, so I chose to buy three boxes of 525 round Federal for about 4 cents a round instead of three, one hundred round boxes of CCI for about 7 cents a round.

Now I have lots of 22 lr to go out and shoot much more often. Had to wait in line outside to open for about 30 minutes and then inside the store had to wait about 10 minutes to get to the ammo counter. I'm retired and I can sure find the time to do that. Really impressed that academy did not jack up prices on their ammo.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I bought a sack of 250 Sig "Elite Performance" :rolleyes: 5.56 $169.99. It's NATO stamped, Lake City brass. Lots of it looks like something chewed on the rim. The primers appear like they are staked in on 4 sides. :confused:

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Were these rounds linked previously maybe?

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

No idea. No scratches on the cases. Just more crap quality from Sig. Probably seconds they dropped in a bag.

"Sig Elite Seconds!!" :lol:

SWAGA and Rabidwookie like this.
  6. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Got lucky enough to get 2 50rd boxes of 9mm fmjs for $27.50. Prices are insane. 500rds American eagle 9mm fmjs were selling for $975.00, and there wasn’t many of those to be found.

7. gambler

gambler Member

That's totally crazy ! I picked up 2 50 round boxes of Federal 9mm fmj's for $10.79 a box at Academy. Could have bought 3 boxes but wanted to buy some other stuff too and the limit was 3 boxes of one item and a total of 5 boxes per person.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. Rabidwookie

Was at a show, only place in town that had any at all. I was looking for some more magazines and happened to see them so i grabbed a couple of boxes.

9. gambler

gambler Member

Yea, there was a lot of talk about people buying ammo at Academy at normal prices and then re-selling it on Craigslist or at gun shows.

Son-in-law was at a gun show in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago and said there were people there that had cases and cases of 9mm ammo and were selling it at real rip-off prices and people were buying it as fast as they could put it out.

OldOutlaw and Rabidwookie like this.
  10. Rabidwookie

Sadly, that Sounds about right.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  11. I'm wondering if the the price of ammo has maybe maxed out ?

I've seen some steel case 9mm on gunbroker go for $0.30 per round and just saw 1000 rounds of 115 grain WWB on Armslist for $0.35

OldOutlaw likes this.
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

That's cheap. Tula was $.58 on GAG last week.

13. Yeah, I'm hoping is the beginning of a downward trend.
    I think the auctions on Gunbroker are kind of the leading edge of where the market is at.

OldOutlaw and Rabidwookie like this.
  14. Claymore

Claymore Member

You just wait that Biden/Harris win the election, and watch all those merchants selling ammo, and guns on the Internet, go out of business.

15. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Bite your tongue!!!!

But yeah prices will go even higher until Biden remembers he can make another weapons ban.

Republicans just need to hold onto the Senate. I still believe Trump will pull it out, but we will see.

undeRGRound and Rabidwookie like this.
  16. Rabidwookie

Sadly enough, it’ll be Along with a bunch of other businesses.

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

The price is going to sky rocket.

18. My crystal ball is in the shop.
    It seems that in the present time, prices may be moderating. Or, maybe not.

19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

TNT keeps his up his ass so he can look at it whenever he wants.

Greg B. and moona11 like this.