What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Wait... is there such a thing as too many?

Main reason I have "mostly" AKs and ARs. When I take them out to shoot and clean them she thinks they all look the same - thank god she actually never goes into my gunroom!!

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  2. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I was at my local gun store today and they actually had 9mm ammo in stock...at $28.90 per 50 round box. I passed on that and bought some 40 S&W for $17.99 per 50 round box. Most stores around here are devoid of handgun ammo.

TNTRAILERTRASH and undeRGRound like this.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I think you did.

4. OldOutlaw

Got two more 500 round bricks of 22lr hollow point. It was $.11 per round delivered from CT. to IA. TargetSports has been holding down prices fairly well. Impossible to find ANY 22lr in this Metro area. If some does show up, it runs about $.16 to $.25 per round. Or more for better ammo.
    110824-1.jpg
    Also, a box of 12GA for woodpecker control.
    108817.jpg

undeRGRound likes this.
  5. Got some boxes of 6.5 Grendel ammo locally. Interesting thing. When Wolf steel cased 6.5 Grendel ammo is retailing for $14.99 per box of twenty, it makes more sense to buy local brass cased 6.5 Grendel ammo at $17.95, $18.95 a box of 20 for Hornady's Frontier 123gr FMJs... and I also picked up 2 boxes of Hornady Black ELD 123gr soft points at $24.99 per box of 20... which is on par with most hunting/hollowpoint/soft point ammo at most places :rolleyes: here in Oregon, we don't currently pay sales taxes or sin tax of ammo tax(yet....). Online, one has to consider shipping costs. When Wolf came out with the 6.5 Grendel at $5.99-8.99 a box, that would have been a good deal but with most places that stock that particular ammo, its not that cheap anymore.

undeRGRound likes this.
  6. OldOutlaw

Well, nor is all ammo today.

7. One of the local gun shops still have wolf and tula 7.63x39 for under 10 a box of 20. And cases upon cases upon cases of that stuff. All FMJs though.

8. OldOutlaw

What do you call under $10 a box for 20 rds. Man, at $10 that is $.50 per round. Highest I have heard of lately. Most I see across the country tonight is only about $.35 per round if you shop wisely. Our locals get right at $.35 to $.40 per round right now.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Hell, you cant find anything around my neck of the woods. A couple of boxes of .308, some 30-06.Maybe 1/2 a dozen doxes of shit I’ve never even heard of before. I’m still looking for 5.56/.223, but they’re as rare as talking buffalo. FINALLY finished my damn build, just in time to not be able to find ammo for it. I got some, but not enough to fo much good. Got plenty of pistol ammo yho.

undeRGRound likes this.
  10. I can't rightly remember if its $5.99, $6.99, or $8.99 :rolleyes: didn't look that closely to the prices as I have nothing that shoots x39.

11. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

None. Had a deal scheduled for 500 rds of .22lr CCI 40gr for $50. The seller was a no show. He sent an email 12 hrs later about having an argument with “his old lady and would meet me... blah blah. No thank you.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I meant you a crazy mofo, you own too many guns for her to argue :rotfl:

No KILL like OVER-KILL! :rotfl:

:eek: I don't even know U any more, CD!!! :eek:

Dang, decent price and a no-show... :(

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  14. Hahaha, I haven't had an x39 firearm since oh... hmm.... well. Has it been that long already? 2010-2013ish??

undeRGRound likes this.
  15. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

"too many" is a broad term, especially with more than a few on here :p

But yeah... I do have "enough" I like that word better!!!

As for crazy, can't say that!!! They'll come for my weapons!!!

undeRGRound likes this.
  16. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

20 RDS 45-70
    200 RDS 223
    100 RDS 7.62X39

17. I passed on fifty rounds of 124 grain full metal jacket 9 millimeter Luger for $14 yesterday. Instead I bought 7.62 x 39 and .308 Winchester.

18. Rabidwookie

Good Lord, i would happily break somebodies fingers to find 9mm for that price (well, not HAPPILY), But cheapest I’ve seen around here has been $35-40 Per 50.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. Rabidwookie

I actually found some 5.56. It was $185.00 for 250, but that’s about all there is around here.

20. gambler

gambler Member

Bought 9mm Federal at Academy last week for about $11 a box of 50. Only bought 2 boxes because I wanted to buy 3, 525 round boxes of Federal Champion .22. I'm still shooting .22 but holding off on 9mm.