Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3361 - 3380 of 4060 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,956 Posts
Nah, YOU own TOO MANY GUNS!
:rotfl:
Wait... is there such a thing as too many?

Main reason I have "mostly" AKs and ARs. When I take them out to shoot and clean them she thinks they all look the same - thank god she actually never goes into my gunroom!!

·
Premium Member
6,800 Posts
I had some CCI Stingers for my only 2 guns at the time when I lived in Florida. What little I had was "stored" in my truck behind the seat with my range bag when I lived there. Moved to TN in 1995. I shot it all in 2013. No problems. I may have got lucky.
I think you did.

·
Premium Member
6,800 Posts
Got two more 500 round bricks of 22lr hollow point. It was $.11 per round delivered from CT. to IA. TargetSports has been holding down prices fairly well. Impossible to find ANY 22lr in this Metro area. If some does show up, it runs about $.16 to $.25 per round. Or more for better ammo.
110824-1.jpg

Also, a box of 12GA for woodpecker control.
108817.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Got some boxes of 6.5 Grendel ammo locally. Interesting thing. When Wolf steel cased 6.5 Grendel ammo is retailing for $14.99 per box of twenty, it makes more sense to buy local brass cased 6.5 Grendel ammo at $17.95, $18.95 a box of 20 for Hornady's Frontier 123gr FMJs... and I also picked up 2 boxes of Hornady Black ELD 123gr soft points at $24.99 per box of 20... which is on par with most hunting/hollowpoint/soft point ammo at most places :rolleyes: here in Oregon, we don't currently pay sales taxes or sin tax of ammo tax(yet....). Online, one has to consider shipping costs. When Wolf came out with the 6.5 Grendel at $5.99-8.99 a box, that would have been a good deal but with most places that stock that particular ammo, its not that cheap anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,800 Posts
Got some boxes of 6.5 Grendel ammo locally. Interesting thing. When Wolf steel cased 6.5 Grendel ammo is retailing for $14.99 per box of twenty, it makes more sense to buy local brass cased 6.5 Grendel ammo at $17.95, $18.95 a box of 20 for Hornady's Frontier 123gr FMJs... and I also picked up 2 boxes of Hornady Black ELD 123gr soft points at $24.99 per box of 20... which is on par with most hunting/hollowpoint/soft point ammo at most places :rolleyes: here in Oregon, we don't currently pay sales taxes or sin tax of ammo tax(yet....). Online, one has to consider shipping costs. When Wolf came out with the 6.5 Grendel at $5.99-8.99 a box, that would have been a good deal but with most places that stock that particular ammo, its not that cheap anymore.
Well, nor is all ammo today.

·
Premium Member
6,800 Posts
One of the local gun shops still have wolf and tula 7.63x39 for under 10 a box of 20. And cases upon cases upon cases of that stuff. All FMJs though.
What do you call under $10 a box for 20 rds. Man, at $10 that is $.50 per round. Highest I have heard of lately. Most I see across the country tonight is only about $.35 per round if you shop wisely. Our locals get right at $.35 to $.40 per round right now.

·
What the Hell was that?
680 Posts
What do you call under $10 a box for 20 rds. Man, at $10 that is $.50 per round. Highest I have heard of lately. Most I see across the country tonight is only about $.35 per round if you shop wisely. Our locals get right at $.35 to $.40 per round right now.
Hell, you cant find anything around my neck of the woods. A couple of boxes of .308, some 30-06.Maybe 1/2 a dozen doxes of shit I've never even heard of before. I'm still looking for 5.56/.223, but they're as rare as talking buffalo. FINALLY finished my damn build, just in time to not be able to find ammo for it. I got some, but not enough to fo much good. Got plenty of pistol ammo yho.

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
I can't rightly remember if its $5.99, $6.99, or $8.99 :rolleyes: didn't look that closely to the prices as I have nothing that shoots x39.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,372 ·
Wait... is there such a thing as too many?

Main reason I have "mostly" AKs and ARs. When I take them out to shoot and clean them she thinks they all look the same - thank god she actually never goes into my gunroom!!
I meant you a crazy mofo, you own too many guns for her to argue :rotfl:

Also, a box of 12GA for woodpecker control.
View attachment 67823
No KILL like OVER-KILL! :rotfl:

I can't rightly remember if its $5.99, $6.99, or $8.99 :rolleyes: didn't look that closely to the prices as I have nothing that shoots x39.
:eek: I don't even know U any more, CD!!! :eek:

None. Had a deal scheduled for 500 rds of .22lr CCI 40gr for $50. The seller was a no show. He sent an email 12 hrs later about having an argument with "his old lady and would meet me... blah blah. No thank you.
Dang, decent price and a no-show... :(

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,956 Posts
I meant you a crazy mofo, you own too many guns for her to argue :rotfl:
"too many" is a broad term, especially with more than a few on here :p

But yeah... I do have "enough" I like that word better!!!

As for crazy, can't say that!!! They'll come for my weapons!!!

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
I passed on fifty rounds of 124 grain full metal jacket 9 millimeter Luger for $14 yesterday. Instead I bought 7.62 x 39 and .308 Winchester.

·
What the Hell was that?
680 Posts
I passed on fifty rounds of 124 grain full metal jacket 9 millimeter Luger for $14 yesterday. Instead I bought 7.62 x 39 and .308 Winchester.
Good Lord, i would happily break somebodies fingers to find 9mm for that price (well, not HAPPILY), But cheapest I've seen around here has been $35-40 Per 50.

3361 - 3380 of 4060 Posts