What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

And here all I did was buy 2 more pounds of powder at Walmart for $60. I've got enough supplies to make 700 rounds of 53gr Vmax hunting ammo for $0.33 per...

undeRGRound and Rabidwookie like this.
  2. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Sadly the nearest Academy to me is on the other side of the state.

3. gambler

gambler Member

Well, it's kind of a risky deal too. You have to show up before they open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday because that's the days they get ammo shipments. They don't know ahead of time what they are getting so you have to go get in line and one at a time you go to the gun counter and see what they have.

Limited to 3 boxes of any one thing and 5 boxes total. If boxes are 50 rounds, you can get 150 rounds, if boxes are 500 rounds you can get 1500 rounds. If they don't have something you want that day, you just go back the next day.

It really helps to be retired and about 5 minutes away from a store. But at least they don't seem to be jacking prices up to bad if they have what you want.

undeRGRound and OldOutlaw like this.
  4. Rabidwookie

Da
    Damn...

5. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

We have no Academy around here at all. But they have perhaps decent prices if you are local only. For the very few rounds and the hoops you have to go through there, I don't mind them not being here. I wait and bide my time online. Been getting some decent but not old pricing in case quantities of what little ammo I do not already have in stock.

undeRGRound and Rabidwookie like this.
  6. Rabidwookie

We have a place in town that sells “remanufactured” ammo, and they’re even sold out. Ammo is decent and (so far) reliable, But they can’t even come close to keeping up with demand.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Sig "Elite" in a sack?

8. Rabidwookie

Nope, supposed to be Remington 62 gr., but i guess I’ll find out when it gets here. Lol

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  9. Academy actually seems to have ammo in-stock!? And for not-terrible prices.
    Of course their closest store is about six hours from me. Of course.

10. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

OK... bit the bullet so to speak then closed my eyes and hit the order button:

American Marksman
    7.62 (308) 147 GR M80 FMJ - 500 CT - $365.00
    (2) STRYKER - 5.56 M855 STEEL CORE 62 GR FMJ - 250 CT - $360.00

No Tax and free shipping over $500.

THEN

Classic Firearms (yup Classic)
    Wolf Performance 7.62x39 1000 Round Case - 123 GR Hollow Point Ammo, Steel Case, Non Corrosive - 1000 Rds. - $319+ shipping etc

The 7.62x51 I didn't feel so bad, guess I don't about the 556 either. Most sites had steel cased for almost the same price on those.

As for the AK fuel, that isn't a horrible price at all!!!

Still need to find some 45/40/9 SD ammo that won't make me crap my pants...

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I bought 50 rounds of American Eagle .357 JSP 158 grains for $24. Mostly for the brass, as I finally ordered a Lee Whack-a-Mole Classic Loader for 38/357. I have about 200 cartridges of .357 and 200 of .38...that should last me a good long while.

undeRGRound, SWAGA and Visper like this.
  12. mattman17

mattman17 Member

Picked up 400 rounds of this today for $250 shipped with insurance. Now let’s see if it’s actually in stock and how long to ship.

[​IMG]

undeRGRound, Think1st and Rabidwookie like this.
  13. Rabidwookie

I need to get a couple hundred more of these (at least). Lol

undeRGRound and mattman17 like this.
  14. mattman17

mattman17 Member

Just got the email, order pulled and shipping tomorrow. They still have more in stock.

Waaaaaay better price than Cheaper Than Dirt. They wanted $289 for 200rnds of 55grn. Lol. Couldn’t find anything else in this price range.

undeRGRound likes this.
  15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I’ll need another 500 rounds steel case .308 before I’ll go shoot again.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I REALLY like the $8/20 Tula steel .308 at the Sportsman's Warehouses out here, but I haven't seen any for a month or so now. Sold out online too.:(

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yeah I’m on the notify me list for 2-3 websites that used to stock it.

ajole and undeRGRound like this.
  18. gambler

gambler Member

Went early and stood in line at Academy yesterday. They didn't get any .22 lr and no 9mm at all on Monday. Have to go back on Wednesday or Friday as I am shooting quite a bit of .22 at the range. Just need some more 9mm to keep as back up for now. Not shooting any 9mm at all right now.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I just ordered yesterday 1000 rounds of CCI Mini Mag 40gr plated round nose from Target Sports. Totaled $.14 per round Delivered from them. Shipped today even!

undeRGRound likes this.
  20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Decent Price!!

mattman17 and OldOutlaw like this.