What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Well,
    that was the hope.

Worse case, two down, empty revolver, and multiple puncture wounds from remaining friends.

I carry a three speed loaders for a total of 20 rounds. And, I practice every three weeks back then (2010).

But now,
    I'm working with a Taurus G3.

eldar

Pistolkitty, Rabidwookie and Think1st like this.
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Guess what. The cop who placed all of those good hits was a .45 shooter. If he'd been armed with a 9mm during that shooting, he probably would have been one of those guys who emptied his magazines and got maybe one or two hits. All I can say is that I hope he's still shooting something in .45 so he doesn't lose his training discipline.

3. Think1st

Florida
    Ha! It sometimes takes a second hit to make 6" plates on the rack fall at 15 yards when my wife runs the rack with her PPK/S. It never takes a second hit with a .45. And don't get me started on the 10" plates at 25 yards. The "tink" noise the .380 rounds make is pathetic compared to the "bong" sound the .45 rounds make.

But, you see, because I am a .45 shooter, the .380 is okay to include in this household's inventory because my training discipline carries over to ensure that my wife maintains it with her weapons. For that reason, she'll be likelier to maximize whatever capability the .380 has when she uses it.

By the way, .380 sucks because it's so hard to find right now. It was only blind luck that led me to find a 1000-round case of it, recently.

Rabidwookie and fatal-bert33 like this.
  4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Picked up 400 rds of Tula 122gr for $140.

Midsouthshooters

Not horrible still.

Believe it or not I don't have ANY tula lol. I'm a wolf n golden tiger guy. Even have some silver/Golden bear.

I'm sure it will shoot fine, figure I had to add some more ammo with the new AR-47 project...

Rabidwookie likes this.
  5. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I think the reason most folks don't use 22LR as self-defense ammo is the fact that you never know if it'll go bang when you need it. Most other calibers I've used are very reliable.

6. Think1st

Florida
    I shot a 1.5" group at 100 yards with Tula 122gr using my NPAP, rested on my range bag. The stuff is good.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You go South to exit 123 is BassAssPro in Estero.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Nice, good to know!!

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Yeah but he was talking about Academy. Went to the Bass pro in Ft Myers, and that place looked like it Was 3days after the Apocalypse. Had about a dozen boxes of stuff I couldn’t use or hadn’t Heard of in years. No powder, primers, a couple of boxes of bullets, and no media. Only guns left were $1400+. Hell even the airguns were damn near picked clean.

10. gambler

gambler Member

The shelves at Academy here look exactly the same. The only way you can get any ammo there is get in line about 8:00 AM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Stand there until they open up at 9:00 and hope they got something you want delivered that day. Then you can buy up to 3 boxes of any one type of ammo you want max, and a total of 5 boxes including those 3.

i went last Wednesday and bought 3 boxes of Blazer 9mm but they had no 22 lr. Friday I got the last 3 boxes of .22 lr (Winchester Wildcat 500 rounds), but they had no 9mm when I got to the counter. They say they don't know what they are going to get until the shipment arrives.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  11. I was watching someone shoot a .500 Smith & Wesson at a shooting range not too long ago. He could not even hit the target because he was anticipating the recoil so much and flinching.

12. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I can still buy .40 &W locally for 39 cents a round.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  13. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

UPS just dropped off 240rnds (in 2 South Korean marked bandoleers) of .30Carbine ammo for my new-to-me M1 Carbine.

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

At 08:50 all the retired guys are mulling around the sporting goods counter texting and calling their buddies....

658222CB-E432-40E8-860F-D2E768CA8043.jpeg

15. Think1st

Florida
    I've seen that phenomenon before. People have to work up to those heavier revolver rounds. I remember reading about how the S&W 29s all got snatched up when the Dirty Harry movies came out but then ended up on the used gun market because they were being fired a couple of times and then sold.

I imagine something similar will be happening with that .500 Magnum, too. It's a shameful waste.

1024Megabytes, Rabidwookie and Rerun like this.
  16. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Correct that's why Browning designed the .25. Same sized pistols but more reliable feeding and ignition. Coming out of those short barrels, effect will be the same, the .25 is definitely going to go bang.

Dubar likes this.
  17. You want unobtanium ammo? Try finding 18 gauge pinfires ;)

Rabidwookie likes this.
  18. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Point made.

19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Two boxes of Speer Gold Dot for Short Barrels to use in my Glock 43X. 124gr +P. First I have seen for months.
    300 rds of Eley HV 22lr for use in my S&W SW22 Target Pistol.