What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I was in Rural King today when the guy rolled past me with a pallet of ammunition. By the time he got to the gun section their were me and 3 more guys following him. Bought 4 boxes of 9mm fmj for $14.99 a box. I am well stocked on 9mm, but this lets me go shooting tomorrow without touching what is in the safe.

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Lucky you being there, just at the right time.

3. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Picked up 100 rds of 556 for $50 at the LGS, but 9mm going for $50-60 per box of 50.

4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Pretty sad isn't it?

undeRGRound and Rabidwookie like this.
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I got 25rds of .357 JHP Magnum. Local loader, (not reloader) Starline brass. $30.

6. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Yeah, it is.

7. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I need to get my SIL some 30-06 ammo, what's the prices been lately???

I bought him some 7.62x39 for his AK, the sucka went and traded it in the day after I bought it as one of his Christmas gifts. Good thing for me...I can use it in my CZ 527, I was low anyway :bounce:

Visper and Rabidwookie like this.
  8. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Well, it was actually yesterday, but I was able to snag onto two 100 count boxes of WWB, in .380 Auto. Didn't take it too hard in the ying yang either...two hundred rounds for 100 bucks. Not too shabby by todays standards.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Still, that is double what I paid for a friend right at the start of this mess... :eek:
    It was scarce then as well. But it was just steel case at Academy.

Hipointer and Rabidwookie like this.
  10. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Traded his ONLY AK, your SIL is a crazy man!!!

Last I saw Cabela's had some in stock for about $2.00 a round

undeRGRound likes this.
  11. magnut

magnut Member

Well... now gun owners are getting a taste of what communism is really like. Resources are limited and hard to get. Its happening with food as well. Russians know all about this kind of citizen rationing. I wouldnt expect it to change once Trump is out.

As far as ammo goes.... there isnt much. Might be good to stock up on fire extinguishers. Once resources go down..... services are soon to follow. Some places this is already happening.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'll just go ahead and put this out there early. New owners mean new rules. The site rules and TOS/TOU have changed over the years. Keep the more political and religious posts in the Dark Rooms, if you bring it too hard out in the main area here, it'll get shut down. You've been here long enough, I'm not sure why you're not grouped with the old schoolers with free access to the pay side.

13. magnut

magnut Member

well it pertains dirrectly to ammunition supply so I dont quite understand where you are coming from but hey.... thats on you. Thanks for the response though. I appreciate it.

Bill whitney likes this.
  14. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

He said it was shaving brass off the casings when he shot it, I never got a chance to see exactly what it was doing. He used the money to get a Savage Axis 30-06 from the latest round of Walmart closeouts. Now he's got to hunt for ammo!

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Sounds like a major case of misinformed ownership criteria. Hopefully he has something else in semi-auto for home defense.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  16. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

There is your problem - steel cased or bust!!!

But if it cycled fine and hit the target its fine... its an AK...

Eh, too late now though so moot point, its traded.

17. Rachgier

It pertains to the fact that making everything political isn't going to be tolerated and since you seem to enjoy reminding people that you can't stand this place, I'm just letting you know that you should take the time to read the rules and TOS/TOU and make an effort to follow them or you're really not going to enjoy your time here.

We also have an ammunition supply thread open, so perhaps the rule about posting in the relevant thread should be mentioned as well.

You've already come back on the wrong foot with the holier than thou attitude and open disdain for this place. I've already had several people message me to point it out. So perhaps take the friendly advice and read up on what's expected of you.

18. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I tried to tell him that these European guns are made to eat steel but he won't listen. Now I have to run 200rnds of brass thru my CZ527 while the steel stuff stays in the cabinet.

Trashy, he's got an AR so he's good. I try to keep track of what he has so I can get him stuff for Christmas and Bday but damn he's making it difficult. Sounds like I need to let my daughter know so she can pull rank some more. She's got him on a short chain but she knows not much about firearms. He's bought/sold 4-5 rifles from these Walmart deals, fortunately he's going thru FFLs to do so. I gifted him my HK45 Compact with the stipulation he DOES NOT PART WITH IT. If he doesn't want it he gifts it back to me.

19. magnut

magnut Member

Not really interested in your attempts to bait me into an argument with projections of your own and thread drift into other aspects of.... whatever is on your mind. Feel free to ask me about my thoughts on ammo availabilty/purchases or things relevent to the topic of the discussion. I will most likely respond if you can refrain from hostility and threats. You know..... like be nice....even if you dont agree. So far the only problem I have had on this forum since comming back has been with you in the last few posts so if there is something else going on you are probaly thinking of another person.

Anyways... take care. I will not respond again to this kind of .....IMO.... nonsense.

Back on topic... Was out today and checked some local shops where it was convenient. No ammo other that shotgun hunting loads. Not even higher end hunting rifle ammo. First time I have seen it this bad. I didnt ask if there was anything in back. If I was a store owner I would probably hold back ammo to include it with gun sales right now.

As far as a score I did pick up a few boxes of steel 12ga steel #3 shot for some versatility on the riot gun. Be nice If I could get some more slugs but you just have to get by with what you can.

Bill whitney likes this.
  20. Rachgier

So then you're not willing to read the rules, post accordingly, and stop saying how much you hate this place? You've been gone forever. The rules have literally changed completely. We have had 3 changes of hands in ownership, we are on completely different software, none of the moderators or administration from when you last posted are members, let alone staffers. I wasn't even a member back when you quit the first time. However, now I'm the administrator, and it's my job to ensure people are aware of and follow the rules. You can like it or leave. If you had read the new TOS/TOU you agreed to by coming back, your participation here is not compulsory and you do not dictate how things go around here.

You're the one who walked back in the door with a massive chip in your shoulder. Might want to lose it.

moona11 likes this.