What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Nope. They are solid

You your a soup sandwich

Rabidwookie likes this.

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Two boxes of Winchester 12 guage, 3" #2 shot...it was the last two boxes they had, at 16$ a box.

3. retread

retread Member

target sports has 223, 55gr and 62gr, 29.99 a box. 1.50 a round, wow! but if you need some, probably going to get worse. this was listed this morning.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  4. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Holy hell, that’s nuts..

5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Rabidwookie likes this.
  6. Visper

7. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

At this moment, Target Sports has 45 ACP 230gr Wolf for $.70 rd.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

$35 for a 50 count box of .45ACP is elevated but not too much. $25-$30 wasn't unusual for .45ACP prior.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Rabidwookie likes this.
  9. OldOutlaw

AND, now Target just sold out of the 45 ACP.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  10. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Thats about what i was paying for it. I got plenty of .45, still collecting .223/5.56, 9mm &.22lr. Hell, .22 is going for $10-12 per box of 50, and that’s the cheap shit.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I picked up 3 boxes of Armscor 40gr 22tcm nickel case from Advanced Tactical online for $21.34 a box of 50 plus 18 bucks shipping for a total of $81.00 and some change. One of the local gun stores had it for $59.99 a box. Actually that shop had all their in stock ammo for the same price per box. Gettin crazy out there!!

12. OldOutlaw

Really Crazy prices. I have been making a list of specific companies
    NOT to buy from again. Quite a few are just as bad or even worse than CTD is. Yep, I will remember these scalpers.

Rabidwookie and Visper like this.
  13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

How do you know they're scalping? What I mean is, how do you know what their unit prices is before sales markup? I find it entirely plausible that the retailer's prices have dramatically increased and they're stuck passing on the increase to the customer while still making the same margin for themselves.

I was listening to a ammo manufacturer the other day talking about how his costs have gone up. Primers are more expensive for him to buy, as are bullets and, well, everything else. Further he can't run his factory at pre-COVID production levels because Regulators have forced him to "distance" the employees on the lines so there are fewer people allowed in the factory and they can't have as many machines running simultaneously because of "distancing" regulations. Additionally, if one of the employees gets a positive diagnosis, that entire line gets shut down while other workers "sanitize" the entire line and equipment, and stays shut down until "contact tracing" and testing verifies that no one else on the line, including contacts for the entire line, gets a negative test. Best case scenario that takes a minimum of a day and, frankly, usually more than one. And that's production that isn't happening, but overhead for the factory really hasn't changed much. They still have the Lease, power, light, tax, Employee Benefits (such as health care), etc. And when the same thing happens upstream at the factory making primers... <sigh> This who COVID thing is an utter cluster for every economy in the world. And when it impacts products for which demand has roughly quadrupled... (guns and ammo) (my preferred bullet seller has a more than 4 month back-log)

I don't know of any good way outside of reading next year's Profit-Loss statement from the businesses which you are concerned are scalping but if we could find out what their costs for ammo was, I'd bet money with you that most of them really aren't "price gouging." I've got friends and contacts at various LGS's (as I'm sure most here do). They tell me that the price they have to pay for ammo has gone up.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

After the last big run on ammunition, if you got caught without having ammunition put back or stockpiled it's your own fault. How many complaining now are the same ones who complained last time and didn't learn.

15. OldOutlaw

Quite a few.

Rabidwookie, Rerun and FlashBang like this.
  16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

PEAS flavor you sword.

[​IMG]

Rabidwookie and OldOutlaw like this.
  17. Visper

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Visper and Rabidwookie like this.
  19. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Looked for some .22 ammo but, they were out, "as usual". Picked up a pound of Win. 296. I've been loading some the last few days. 9mm,.38 Special, .357 Magnum, .223, .308, .30-06. Load'em if you gott'em.

perotter and Rabidwookie like this.