What AMMO did you SCORE TODAY???

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by undeRGRound, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah, didn't "need" per se but you know the saying:

"Stack em high, stack em deep"

Did the same with my 5.45x39 when it was "dirt" cheap... its corrosive 7N6 mostly back then so have added some "new" production to that spreadsheet.

Rabidwookie and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  2. Razzle

Razzle Member

I found 20-round boxes of Hornady 45 Colt at SGAmmo. It wasn't cheap, but the 3-box limit helped me restrain myself.

Rabidwookie likes this.

3. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

400 rds winchester 55gr 223 and 2 new ar15 30rd mags 240.00

Rabidwookie likes this.
  4. 750 rnds of Winchester 22Mag 40gr Varmint.....

REDD

Rabidwookie likes this.
  5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not actually ammo, but I did manage to buy a few hundred 30 cal bullets for my 300 BO reloads at 30 cents a pop.

Also got a pistol tube and brace. Needed a spare.

Rabidwookie and Visper like this.
  6. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

PSA has 800rnds of Federal 22LR for $120, 17cents/rnd by the time shipping/taxes are added. I ordered 2 packs just now. Hate it but at least it's not 27 cents/rnd.

Rabidwookie and OldOutlaw like this.
  7. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Or a LOT MORE at many online dealers. Yep, we are getting ripped now. Material shortages or not.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I have a cousin who is scalping ammo. He and his wife are standing in line at Academy, Cabalas and Rural King. ( he found out what days they get trucks with ammunition). Then he goes to a local flea market on Sunday and sells it. Told me that he sold $7200 worth last week. he is charging double what he paid.

Rabidwookie and OldOutlaw like this.
  9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

What a dick

10. OldOutlaw

I'm seeing a bit of that around here also. People buying up ammo at stores where they know when a truck comes in. Then reselling it. When the snow melts here and the flea markets can start up again, I expect to see more of this crap.

Rabidwookie and Dubar like this.
  11. Claymore

Claymore Member

The reloading supplies have disappeared as well. Every single bullet manufacturer is out of stock, Sierra, RMR, Hornady, Delta, Berry, Montana Gold, they are all out of stock.
    Most of the best reloading powders are gone, and whatever is left is almost 50% more.
    Primers are like unicorns, I saw some magnum small pistol primers, and some small rifle primers, and bought them at double the price, because I needed them for my 357 Sig reloads.
    And if the Democrats get their way, black powder weapons and reloading supplies will be included in the ban list.

Most of the ammo retailers are trying to get as much as they can out of the existing ammo, because they have been informed it's going to be a 13% price increase starting April 1st 2021.
    Also they know that Sleepy Joe wants to ban on line ammo sales, so they have to rip off customers by charging 5 times their cost, because they may be out of business in the near future.

Let's face it, retailers are paying the same amount as they were paying before the crisis (almost doubling their money on every single box of ammo) but now that ammo is scarce because of the demand, a box of 50 rounds of 9mm (Blazer, Winchester, PMC, S&B, or Magtech) that costs $7.00 is going for $39.00.
    I learned when I worked at a big Gun store/Shooting range, that stores made the big money selling ammo, NOT guns.

12. Northslope

Northslope Member

got 200 rounds of green tips , 40 rounds of 7.62x54r and two boxes of remington 2 3/4 #4 . i tried to be a douche and get all the green tips they had (5 boxes ) but the gentlemen kindly told me that there was a one box a day limit on scarce calibers ( small mom and pop store) its hard not to try for more in this present environment

Visper and Rabidwookie like this.
  13. OldOutlaw

At my age, I really should start selling ammo.

retread, Dubar and Rabidwookie like this.
  14. OldOutlaw

For sure bit of money. Due to age and caring for wife, my shooting has been very limited the last several years. Very limited indeed. So I may sell some cases of 223, 5.56, 9mm, and 9x18. We shall see soon.

15. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

getting 3 boxes factory 300wm 180gr with the gun trade. got to be worth 100.00