Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3881 - 3900 of 4000 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
2 boxes of 25-06, 4 boxes of 7.52x51, a 50 round box of 22 Hornet, and 3 boxes of 7.62x54R. The 7.62x51 and 7.62x54R is PPU which is among my favorite brass for reloading.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyone familiar with American Munitions? Here's the head stamp. Also tossed in a pic of some Winchester LEO 180gr purple coated nickle .40S&W and some 62gr open tip .223 purple's. I was sending pics to @greg_r while he was sweating down a bowl of chili. View attachment 70967 View attachment 70969

I remember the last ammo shortage Midway was selling that purple coated LE training ammo, that was like 8 years ago, I remember because I just bought the G27 and couldn't find ammo nowhere.
Midway was selling that ammo for $18.95 a box of 50 at the time, that plus the special "Larry Potterfield Nitro Express Shipping" costed close to $25 per box

·
Registered
187 Posts
2 boxes of 25-06, 4 boxes of 7.52x51, a 50 round box of 22 Hornet, and 3 boxes of 7.62x54R. The 7.62x51 and 7.62x54R is PPU which is among my favorite brass for reloading.
Absolutely !! PPU and S&B are two of the best brass cases to reload, not only 7.62x54R but all the calibers they sell.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Absolutely !! PPU and S&B are two of the best brass cases to reload, not only 7.62x54R but all the calibers they sell.
They have to use good brass. They load a lot of their stuff on the hotter side. You can really feel the difference with their .357 and .44 Magnum rounds. I'm also a big fan of their .380, 9mm and .45 ACP.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I remember the last ammo shortage Midway was selling that purple coated LE training ammo, that was like 8 years ago, I remember because I just bought the G27 and couldn't find ammo nowhere.
Midway was selling that ammo for $18.95 a box of 50 at the time, that plus the special "Larry Potterfield Nitro Express Shipping" costed close to $25 per box
I bought it from SGammo a couple of years ago. The .223 is billed as "open tip." Yet I watched this video and it performs like a hollow point defensive round should. I went to the range with my brother in January in Key Largo. Homeland Security was there packing up when we showed up. We turned around and went for a ride til they cleared out. I found empty boxes of Winchester purple 9's and a few cases left on the ground.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wal Mart score , 700 rounds of mini mags and 1500 rounds of CCI standard velocity . all for the price of what some scalpers are charging for one brick . been checking here everytime i come to town and coming up empty. gonna hit the LGS after Dr appointment for some more 22 and 5.56. then im gonna call it good unless i find some 9mm . next trip to sc its gonna be nothing but 9mm and 22 i bring back.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
TargetSportsUSA had AK food today for about 6 minutes. Got 1K of the Wolf 122gr @ $399... I miss the $224 days...

Also picked up some 308 today in 150 FMJ (200) and holy crap 150 SP (40), haven't seem hunting rounds in forever!!! Out the door at just around 0.90 a round.

Stopped by my FFL today also (busy morning) so I just may have some other pics to share later!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
TargetSportsUSA had AK food today for about 6 minutes. Got 1K of the Wolf 122gr @ $399... I miss the $224 days...

Also picked up some 308 today in 150 FMJ (200) and holy crap 150 SP (40), haven't seem hunting rounds in forever!!! Out the door at just around 0.90 a round.

Stopped by my FFL today also (busy morning) so I just may have some other pics to share later!!!
its cool you can get ANYTHING for 399 a thousand nowadays

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I've got an ammo debacle going on right now that involves the fuktards at fEdEx. Good golly they are so shitty and stupid.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Whasa matter Trash? Some FedEx guy steal your ammo? :stir:
It's going in a 40mi circle everyday. So far I have received 50% of it. The 9's were allegedly sent back to the seller 2 days ago according to FedEx. Seller offered to send me a new shipment. It is on the way it will be here next week at a ammo friendly location. Once case of the 9's showed up yesterday from the first shipment. The second from the first shipment was supposed to show today. It didn't happen. I can't change the destination. Only the shipper. He has done it more than once. fEdEx still can't get it right. I got 1 case of x39 last Thursday and the other is circling around. FedEx keeps sending it to the local Dollar General. They reject it because it is hazmat. This is every fucking day. Think the driver could figure it out? Apparently not. They're some real goobers too.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
It's going in a 40mi circle everyday. So far I have received 50% of it. The 9's were allegedly sent back to the seller 2 days ago according to FedEx. Seller offered to send me a new shipment. It is on the way it will be here next week at a ammo friendly location. Once case of the 9's showed up yesterday from the first shipment. The second from the first shipment was supposed to show today. It didn't happen. I can't change the destination. Only the shipper. He has done it more than once. fEdEx still can't get it right. I got 1 case of x39 last Thursday and the other is circling around. FedEx keeps sending it to the local Dollar General. They reject it because it is hazmat. This is every fucking day. Think the driver could figure it out? Apparently not. They're some real goobers too.
Well, don't have your ammo delivered to Dollar General. That's your mistake.

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Tell them you are going to figure out if asking the police to sort things out makes sense, since you think they are stealing from you.

Might get some actual resolution.

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
Tell them you are going to figure out if asking the police to sort things out makes sense, since you think they are stealing from you.

Might get some actual resolution.
Or just tell the manager you're gonna sit by the front door until they deliver your stuffs.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Or just tell the manager you're gonna sit by the front door until they deliver your stuffs.
He is not home during the day much it seems. I think in the past he said its why he has Fed drop off at General Dollar nearby. Doesn't work well with ammo going to DG.
DG here when I asked about ammo drop off there, I got a resounding no.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Well, don't have your ammo delivered to Dollar General. That's your mistake.
I know better than to have it sent there.
There in lies the problem. See the shipper called FE to ship it to one of their partners. So FE picks DG. There seems to be nothing in their system that flags it as hazmat, or munitions. The shipper made the araingement. I can't fix it. I'm not authorized to change the delivery to another place. He has tried to fix it. FedEx can't get it right to save their lives. Even though I bought and paid for it I can't change it.

I get notices all the time for other goods from them saying it will be here on Thursday by xx oclock. 2 days later it shows up even though they got the package at 2am and have it on their delivery van.

3881 - 3900 of 4000 Posts