Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3901 - 3920 of 4000 Posts

·
What the Hell was that?
634 Posts
I know better than to have it sent there.
There in lies the problem. See the shipper called FE to ship it to one of their partners. So FE picks DG. There seems to be nothing in their system that flags it as hazmat, or munitions. The shipper made the araingement. I can't fix it. I'm not authorized to change the delivery to another place. He has tried to fix it. FedEx can't get it right to save their lives. Even though I bought and paid for it I can't change it.

I get notices all the time for other goods from them saying it will be here on Thursday by xx oclock. 2 days later it shows up even though they got the package at 2am and have it on their delivery van.
Yeah, they're morons.

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
He is not home during the day much it seems. I think in the past he said its why he has Fed drop off at General Dollar nearby. Doesn't work well with ammo going to DG.
DG here when I asked about ammo drop off there, I got a resounding no.
Back a long time ago when I first ordered from Global Ordnance they had FedEx listed as their shipper. I had them switch it to somewhere close to hold. They sent it to DG one mile from me. (they received it!) I didn't like the looks the local tweekers in line made at me so the next time I had it sent to another DG 6mi. up the road. That worked one time and their district manager was there the next time and freaked out. The people working at the store had no clue of the policy. Think FedEx could put 2 and 2 together? Nope.

So the good news is apparently while I was in Somerset Kentucky my wandering 9's got delivered to Going Postal (ironic? yes!)

I also got a text "I need your signature" from a FedEx delivery guy. I called him. "I can sign it for you and leave it at your house." Me, "hell no my new neighbor is a felon! It would be sitting out at my gate 6ft from the street."

The carrier signed it for me. Told me to come by his house and pick it up on my way home :p "your address isn't on my new route. I saw the package sitting there and grabbed it figured I could deliver it to you." Thanks dude!!!:thumbsup: I was unaware my 9's showed up at the other place. He said he would track them down if I got him the tracking number. No need to.

It's good to live in a small town :D Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the stuff coming next week. :confused: Called the seller and and let them know the situation. We might figure that out tomorrow as they are open both days this weekend.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
I got 500 rounds of 9mm yesterday, well ordered it, $0.65 a round - for brass even, delivered!!! 124 Gr FMJ.

You guys are gonna love the name of the place - Kosher Surplus!!!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
That's an awesome price you got.
And that's just sad.

I think the last 9mm brass case ammo I got was 1000rnd box from Natchez Shooter Supply for .25/rnd back in June 2020. I hate to see us "settle" for these high prices, but the only option is to not buy. Thinking about it, .25/rnd was not the lowest available at the time.

We can only hope the sellers don't take this as a sign we're willing to spend that kind of money and keep the prices jacked up.

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
If it's brass and under $.70 per round, it's a good deal by today's standards.
I'm getting rather dubious on 9mm ammo of unheard names just popping up lately.

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
I'm getting rather dubious on 9mm ammo of unheard names just popping up lately.
Here is a video, lots of jams, lots of "no bangs" for the Sumbro. It may have extra hard primers for full auto guns like the Uzi.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
Here is a video, lots of jams, lots of "no bangs" for the Sumbro. It may have extra hard primers for full auto guns like the Uzi.

Yup I saw - mostly striker fired - the hard primers.

We'll see how it functions in my hammer fired guns, hoping for the best. it is range ammo so no bang on first shot may be annoying but just pull the trigger again. I've also read that it is dirty as all hell, which isn't a big deal. "Supposedly" issue fixed my manufacturer. At least its what the guy from TargetSportsUSA says...

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sumbro-x-force-9mm-luger-ammo-124-grain-fmj-sm9115-p-111539.aspx

Hoping for the best - with how fast this stuff sells out, it sucks not having the time to research them before hitting buy...

·
Premium Member
9,199 Posts
And that's just sad.

I think the last 9mm brass case ammo I got was 1000rnd box from Natchez Shooter Supply for .25/rnd back in June 2020. I hate to see us "settle" for these high prices, but the only option is to not buy. Thinking about it, .25/rnd was not the lowest available at the time.

We can only hope the sellers don't take this as a sign we're willing to spend that kind of money and keep the prices jacked up.
The unfortunate thing is that high-volume shooters will run out and will have to buy more. One thing about these prices, though, is that it's kept people from stockpiling as many of us did before. Now, people buy as they use.

Not long a go, 9mm was $.90-$1.00 per round,and people turned their noses up at that. Now, it's back down around $.65-$.70 per round for good stuff like Magtech. Give it time. The sellers are realizing what we demand as the market.

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
Yup I saw - mostly striker fired - the hard primers...
What I was also seeing is it doesn't have enough ummph to cycle properly when it does go bang.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
@TNTRAILERTRASH Kinda too late, but thanks - read all the same stuff.

Like I said, gonna hope I got a good batch. Is what it is at this point.

Maybe Sell it off on GB!!! People buying shit at crazy prices still on there.

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Unfortunately, too many people are “demanding” prices that I will not accept.
I refuse to pay that.

I bought 2 boxes at .34 per bullet two weeks back, and really only did so to replace the 2 boxes I gave my SIL. He bought 1000 rounds of something in black boxes...USA Ammo, maybe? But his sooper dooper custom G19 isn’t happy with it.

I’ll reload until prices get lower than that. If they never do...I’ll shoot and reload my various 9’s, 40’s and .45’s until I run out of them and reloading components. If it hasn’t changed by then, I’ll know the left won.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The unfortunate thing is that high-volume shooters will run out and will have to buy more. One thing about these prices, though, is that it's kept people from stockpiling as many of us did before. Now, people buy as they use.

Not long a go, 9mm was $.90-$1.00 per round,and people turned their noses up at that. Now, it's back down around $.65-$.70 per round for good stuff like Magtech. Give it time. The sellers are realizing what we demand as the market.
Magtech is one of the most dirtiest ammo available, even reloads with Bullseye (exploding dirt) are cleaner.
I can shoot 2 boxes of S&B and the gun will be barely dirty, shoot a box of Magtech and its caked with soot

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Magtech is one of the most dirtiest ammo available, even reloads with Bullseye (exploding dirt) are cleaner.
I can shoot 2 boxes of S&B and the gun will be barely dirty, shoot a box of Magtech and its caked with soot
Strange, over the many years I've never experienced that.

3901 - 3920 of 4000 Posts