Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3921 - 3940 of 4000 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
got 300 more rounds of greentip for .86 cents a round and 3 old boxes of federal hipower 22lR for 4 bucks a box . ammo looks shiny tho , the boxes are just a little worn . maybe from early 90s or so. the gunshow in Wasilla Alaska today was full of ridiculous prices . i did find my grail gun tho, an early 90s WalMart exclusive 10/22 stainless with the beautiful greenish grey laminated stock. metal barrel band and trigger guard. new in box never fired for 550. not a mark on it , i actually went to the atm to get cash to buy it but then thought maybe not , he wouldnt budge on the 550 price , i offered 475 but he wouldnt bite . may go back tomorrow . beautiful little rifle

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Actually, CBC in Brazil owns Magtech nowadays. Magtech is also the North American Distributor for the following brands of ammo.

CBC Ammunition - Brazil
CBC Defense possibly?
Men - Germany
Sellier & Bellot Chech Republic
Magtech Ammunition - Brazil

They all help each other. You may have S&B, but made in Brazil by one of those plants. Same with Men in Germany.

The best many of us have found is some Military Surplus ammo like the highly sought after Malaysian 5.56. Made by CBC Defense Systems.

Nothing new about this. Winchester does the same thing. Like buy ammo from Sweden and re-box in a Winchester carton.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Magtech is one of the most dirtiest ammo available, even reloads with Bullseye (exploding dirt) are cleaner.
I can shoot 2 boxes of S&B and the gun will be barely dirty, shoot a box of Magtech and its caked with soot
I've only experienced a lot of fouling from Magtech shooting .45 ACP ammo, and that happens regardless of the manufacturer. As for 9mm, I haven't seen any Magtech end up being any dirtier than anything else.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Bought 800 Rounds Federal 22 LR Ammo 40 Grain Range Pack on GunBroker. Price was $124.99 plus $19.99 shpg = $144.98
That comes out to .18/rd. No credit card fee.

There are about 7 sellers on GunBroker selling at this price but.......
some are charging a credit card fee.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Bought 800 Rounds Federal 22 LR Ammo 40 Grain Range Pack on GunBroker. Price was $124.99 plus $19.99 shpg = $144.98
That comes out to .18/rd. No credit card fee.

There are about 7 sellers on GunBroker selling at this price but.......
some are charging a credit card fee.
That's the stuff I got at Walmart last month for $42

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
That's the stuff I got at Walmart last month for $42
You lucked out as the only Walmart in the area here have nothing as far as any ammo goes.

After hours searching on Google I did see that some Walmarts and Dunhams' in other states have .22 in stock. So at 18c a rd I'm satisfied.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Oh hell, where? I haven't seen a damn thing except 12 ga "cleaning rounds", and even then, they only had 2 boxes of those.
One of the guys told me when it was coming in. I didn't show for it. Told him I had plenty. The day after they still had some I could have got 2. I got just the one.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been looking for 22LR everywhere, nobody has them in stock.
The oly place that has plenty is the shooting range, but you can only buy a box of 50 rounds of Federal High Velocity, to use at the range ONLY, for $9.00 .

3921 - 3940 of 4000 Posts