Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3941 - 3960 of 4000 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Been looking for 22LR everywhere, nobody has them in stock.
The oly place that has plenty is the shooting range, but you can only buy a box of 50 rounds of Federal High Velocity, to use at the range ONLY, for $9.00 .
wal mart seems to get the CCI 22LR when they do get ammo in , here in alaska anyway. back home in carolina they got all different brands . i miss the days when those ammo bins were loaded down . the owner of the LGS here said he has no doubt that it will settle down in the next few months as far as supply , but prices will remain higher but not as high as we are seeing currently

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
If all youse nimrods would stop buying ammo, the prices and quantities would become cheap and available...

eldar
I do agree for the most part. The majority of the stuff I get is foreign AK food, for the 74 and 47. That stuff may go away soon if "he who shall not be named" EOs the importation of ammo. Only reason I am still getting that stuff, brass in those calibers will suck price wise, it sucked before all this crap... I agree on 9mm etc. But prices are coming down.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
499 Posts
If all youse nimrods would stop buying ammo, the prices and quantities would become cheap and available...

eldar
well..... thats easy to say and could possibly be true . but no one knows for sure. if the last year has taught us anything , its that NOTHING is normal anymore . so at present, i have no thoughts that it is going to be anywhere close to normal for quite awhile.... if ever . so.... im gonna keep buying , that is , if i can find it at "reasonable for these times " prices. or, get lucky at wal mart or a big box sporting goods store or LGS.my opinion is , waiting around might not be a good idea. not today, not now , not during these crazy times. if nothing else, even if supply comes back , inflation is gonna eat the hell out of buying power soon enough and is already... bigtime . gas groceries everything. yes sir , we have seen the last of cheap ammo a year ago. if im wrong , ill come back here and say i was a dumbass. but i think my chances are good i wont have to

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I got a 50rnd box of CCI Maxi-Mag 22WMR HP+V ammo at the range today, $14.99/box so that's .30cts/rnd if my math is good. Don't know if that's a good price, first 22mag rnds I've ever bought, got them for my Heritage Barkeep.

·
Registered
499 Posts
two 50 round boxes of Remington HST 9mm and two 50 round boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm . Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla Alaska had a TON of ammo today. the most ive seen anywhere in quite awhile . the blazer brass was 15.99 a box and the HST were 34.99 .

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I saw a guy selling ammo on the side of the road today. I didn't feel like turning around to check out his greatly inflated prices.

·
Registered
499 Posts
aaaand im done buyin ammo, found two boxes of Fiocchi 9mm and two boxes of Fiocchi 22LR at Three Bears in Wasilla, i now have a reserve im comfortable with in all my calibers. next trip to Carolina ill bring back some to actually shoot .

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
My GSG-16 was delivered today at the LGS.
While there they had 5 50rd boxes of Aguila .22 SV.
Bought all 5 for $29.95 (.12/rd).
Also bought the only box they had of .380,
Aguila FMJ 50rds for $28.99 (.58/rd).

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
My GSG-16 was delivered today at the LGS.
While there they had 5 50rd boxes of Aguila .22 SV.
Bought all 5 for $29.95 (.12/rd).
Also bought the only box they had of .380,
Aguila FMJ 50rds for $28.99 (.58/rd).
ALL of my 22lr pistols and rifles like the Aguilla and it is very accurate in all of my guns.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I was thinking about getting a case of PMC Bronze .40, or maybe some Belom x39. Instead another case of PMC .223 55gr.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
Reactions: Northslope
3941 - 3960 of 4000 Posts