Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

3981 - 4000 of 4022 Posts

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
I agree on that part.

Was thinking about this while I was outside tending to the goats just now. Look at people like Babe Ruth. Out of shape drinker and smoker. One of the best if not the best that ever played. He was just a natural. Some just have certain skills "pre-wired" into them and others no matter how hard or how many times they practice will never reach that level.

So for some people they may "need" more practice to stay proficient while others can sit inside and smoke and drink all day and head out every few months and still put 3 shots on bull and walk back inside.

Is what it is, not all of us are built the same...
Exactly. And add to that group the people who have trained so much that it's become hardwired in to their system.

It's like the old adage about amateurs practicing until they get it right while professionals practice until they don't get it wrong. The take away being that a professional understands they always need to practice at some level to stay sharp.

Reactions: Visper

·
I Stand With Talon
6,441 Posts
I haven't bought any ammo in I don't know how long. Don't need to. I have enough hoarded for us. And enough reloading supplies to last a very long time. Because I had the money at the time to buy in bulk when it was cheap. Like the great 22 shortages I never ran low on it and we shoot it all the time . Planning. But I never wasted money on all the other things people bought. Like food, vests, gold, etc... I just know where to get that kind of crap if SHTF.
And I didn't need to spend a lot of money on it either
^^^ This right here. I bought in bulk when it was cheap, knowing that everything goes up in price. I also was forward looking enough to know where things would eventually head in regards to firearms and ammunition.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Bought 200 rds of .22 WMR today at $59.88 (.30/rd) but after S/H at came to .40/rd. Best price I could find.

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage? This stuff costs only a few bucks more than it did in 2019.:cool:
How's the price on primers, and availability Mr.Smarty Pants?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Don't need primers :p that's for a black powder rifle - aka muzzleloader... duh!!! You know the rifles that the left believe is all we should have like our founding fathers!!!

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
Well, I've seen them for $.06 each at different places, but they are only for in-store pickup. I got 1000 in 2019 and only just finished using the 100I bought before those.

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
Don't need primers :p that's for a black powder rifle - aka muzzleloader... duh!!! You know the rifles that the left believe is all we should have like our founding fathers!!!
When I get the permission to get that flintlock pistol, percussion caps won' t even be an issue.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
When I get the permission to get that flintlock pistol, percussion caps won' t even be an issue.
Yeah, I see those around still - prices have stayed fairly steady on them.

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
100 rounds of .25ACP for $28. Not a great price, but my SNS pistolas will eat it. They've been starving lately.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is driving me crazy(er)!

Bought a .22 to shoot cheap, but except for some sales that last 20 seconds, the going price for .22LR is about what 9mm used to be. .22LR seems PLENTIFUL now, but at jacked up prices. I couldn't resist and bought 400 rounds of CCI Mini Mags from Midway at 0.16/round (more like 0.20./round after shipping and tax). Sportsman's Guide (free shipping for me) had CCI Minimags down to 0.10/round last week, but I was too slow on the draw and they were sold out before I could get on it. I swore I was going to WAIT to buy any more .22LR til prices came down or I could at least get it from SG and not pay shipping, but I folded. I refuse to pay 0.60 and up for 9mm, so I guess I have to make my current inventory last. Shooting more .22 than 9mm, but it still hurts!

·
Registered
35 Posts
AIEEE!!! Sportsman's Guide JUST had Remington Thunderbolts for $0.06/round!!! I signed up for notifications, but never got one. Once it showed up on AMMOSEEK it was already gone. .

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
If you can reload ammo, you can reload primers. Costs $1.00 a thousand to reload them. Even if you live in a cave in the middle of Alaska you do it with the resources at hand.

After all it's 200 year old tech. Member Delmar cut his reloading teeth using reloaded primers and DIY white powder. But some some years, how to do either has been ban from being posted on this site.

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
4 boxes of 28ga Winchester Super Sport 2 3/4" 3/4oz #7 1/2 shot on Clearance $2.50 each at Walmart.
4 boxes of 12ga Winchester Super Sport 2 3/4" 1 1/8 #8 shot $10 not on clearance.
3 boxes of ammo is the limit. "I won't check you out back here, and the limit is 3 of anything. The girls up front don't know about the limits."

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
I didn’t score any, but our school secretary was telling me about a guy in a town where her son lives in Southern Utah that is beating FaceBook.
He sells Pine Nuts, at a specific location, between 12-3 PM, and advertises on Facebook so his customers can find him.
One time it’s 9 mm pine nuts, another time it’s 45 pine nuts...and so on.

No idea about price, reloads, or what. Just thought it was funny.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Two boxes of 32 ACP. Prvi FMJ. Gotta have some thing to feed the Zastava M70 I ordered.
Hope I can find some more ammo at a better price some where. We shall see I guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1000 rounds of Winchester M-22 .22LR Copper Plated Round Nose. $0.085/round before shipping and tax, about $0.105 after. More than double what it should be but really good deal for these times!! Also JUST missed AGUILA .22LR 38GR HV HP from Sportsman's guide for $0.095/round with free shipping. 550 rounds on backorder...with a NOVEMBER date! Usually they end up coming in sooner, or just disappearing altogether before I get charged..

3981 - 4000 of 4022 Posts