Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

4001 - 4020 of 4052 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I went into a gun store today. There was 175 grain .308 Winchester rifle ammo sitting on the shelf for sale. The low price of a 20 round box was only $65. So ridiculous. Obviously I did not buy any of it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
The low price of a 20 round box was only $65.
That store, sellers on GB and online stores with their cheaper than dirt prices
should just wear a mask stick a gun in your ribs and say, "Hand over your wallet!".
It would be cheaper and less painful than paying the ridiculous inflated gouging price.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
It would be cheaper and less painful than paying the ridiculous inflated gouging price.
The most I have paid for .308 Winchester is about $1.20 per round with taxes, which I did not like, for only one box of ammo. That price I saw on Saturday was $3.25 per shot, 270% higher than what I paid previously. I hope no one is paying prices like this. It only encourages those who sell to raise the ammunition prices higher.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
4 boxes of PMC Bronze. 2 of them in 223, and 2 of 9mm. The LGS limits you to 2 boxes per caliber. .85 cents per cartridge for the 223 and .50 cents per cartridge for 9mm. before COVID you would rarely see me buy any loaded ammunition, much less at these prices. I miss the days of my .06 cents per round 9mm reloads. Don’t ever think we will see those days again.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
The most I have paid for .308 Winchester is about $1.20 per round with taxes, which I did not like, for only one box of ammo. That price I saw on Saturday was $3.25 per shot, 270% higher than what I paid previously. I hope no one is paying prices like this. It only encourages those who sell to raise the ammunition prices higher.
308 is showing up around here for about a buck a round. One of the local shops is evidently getting in bulk packs of 223, 308, and 9mm. All FMJ. Selling them in baggies. 223 and 308 are 20 rounds per bag at $20, 9mm is 50 per bag (or is it 40...I can’t remember) and he sells it for $25. But it always sells and he always has it. And yes, I have bought some. :mad: (n)

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Could’ve been worse, i guess.
That’s what lawyers tell rape victims that only got it missionary style, by one guy, in a bed, and didn’t get HIV or syphilis.

Quit saying that. It’s freaking bad. The possibility that it could be worse doesn’t change the fact that you got raped.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
That’s what lawyers tell rape victims that only got it missionary style, by one guy, in a bed, and didn’t get HIV or syphilis.

Quit saying that. It’s freaking bad. The possibility that it could be worse doesn’t change the fact that you got raped.
Bopping around my favorite online sellers Tula steel case is $.60 a round+shipping and sometimes +tax. Found Belum 124gr brass case for $.60+tax+$12.95 shipping right next to their Tula offering for the same price 🤪 Ammunition - Centerfire Handgun Ammunition - 9mm Luger - Global Ordnance

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
So is that getting raped, or just sexually assaulted?
If you are a willing participant, it's neither. January last year you could get 3000rds of .223 for what they want right now. Same as 9. It's crazy. And abstaining won't change the market. Remington is shipping now so maybe prices will drop.

Closing arguments in Minneapolis is today. The drought with high prices will continue.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,012 ·
Been hitting the Academy of late, fair prices for these times, AK rounds are the best deal.
Locally we had a 3 box limit, so I roll up in there my first time in a while, and the guy says "2 box limit, we just started that today"

So I've been stacking 40 rounds at a time. Got a couple hundred by now, not a bad haul!

I think it's like @ajole said elsewhere, it's past the point of improving, it's definitely gonna get worse before it gets better now...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,013 ·
Remington is set to run around $220,000,000 worth of Vistas $1B in ammo orders for this year.
Any idea what portion of the entire market that is?? Does not sound like much, but it's an improvement over $0 they were doing.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Been trying for some time to get Hornady .380 Critical Defense at a "reasonable" price with no luck.
Stopped at the LGS and they had some at 1 box/customer for $29.95.
On GB with 3% credit card charge and shpg it was $77.25

Also wanted .357 for the range at the LGS HSM Cowboy action 50 rds was $34.95.
On GB with shpg. it was $104.99.

With all the creepy gougers on GB I'm beginning to really hate that place.
I'd rather spend my money and support the only 2 gun shops in the area.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Any idea what portion of the entire market that is?? Does not sound like much, but it's an improvement over $0 they were doing.
Well RemAmmo is owned by Vista and they own the Federal, American Eagle, CCi, Hevi-shot, and now Remington lines. They're saying they have over $1B of ammunition orders, and the Remington side is going to produce that $220M, even though they're just now kicking in to full production

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,016 ·
Well RemAmmo is owned by Vista and they own the Federal, American Eagle, CCi, Hevi-shot, and now Remington lines. They're saying they have over $1B of ammunition orders, and the Remington side is going to produce that $220M, even though they're just now kicking in to full production
Well, that sounds bit more substantial!
I hope it at least helps hold the line on prices, if not drop them a little.

I think the insinuation on FB is that record profits for the gun industry is because they are inciting these riots. Have you notices that? BS I say...

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts

I think the insinuation on FB is that record profits for the gun industry is because they are inciting these riots. Have you notices that? BS I say...
Molly, ya best stay off those tinfoil hat places there. It's a bunch of :poop:

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts

The guys from Vista are fighting back against the claims that they're inducing the bottleneck themselves by telling the world to look at everyone else and using Remington as an example because they discovered Remington had been purposefully shorting their runs and stockpiling it.

Getting another large volume producer back on track and putting close to a quarter of a billion in ammo on the market sounds awesome. If they could drop it all at once it would likely solve the shortage, but knowing we're going to see more ammo is almost as exciting news.

It also has further reaching effects in the fact that Vista is splitting its current order with Remington. That means Remington, once they get everything ironed out, will more then likely pick up its own order volume. Look at how much we've posted here about how we weren't seeing the usual numbers of Remington on the shelves. Imagine seeing Remington like we used to after the rush and glut ends. I don't know if prices will ever return to normal, but if the supply comes back shouldn't the prices...?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,019 ·
Supply, if it returns to normal, will reduce prices, but I think demand will stay higher for a long while. Cuz ppl will start practicing again, and more shooters means higher average demand
Econ 101, obviously, but I think Remi will help us all out. How much? Little at first, but maybe we can get back near normal in a year, provided the "stuff" does not ramp up a lot...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,020 ·
Aww crap

Today's HAUL:
100 Rds Red Army AK Feed, 100 rds 9mm FMJ. (LGS #1, 2 box limit 9mm and 5 box AK)

40 rds hollow pt 9mm (Academy, 2 box limit)

LGS #1 whips Academy's butt, the limits are PER CALIBER, generally. I could have bought a lot more ammo cuz they also have 7.62x51, 7.62x54 and lots of shotty shells, maybe more but I got what I wanted.

Total haul was $154 and change, coulda been worse, I was only raped by 2 girls
@ajole

4001 - 4020 of 4052 Posts