Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

4021 - 4040 of 4060 Posts

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
Supply, if it returns to normal, will reduce prices, but I think demand will stay higher for a long while. Cuz ppl will start practicing again, and more shooters means higher average demand
Econ 101, obviously, but I think Remi will help us all out. How much? Little at first, but maybe we can get back near normal in a year, provided the "stuff" does not ramp up a lot...
Kirk posted one of my reference articles in the other thread this came up in. Vista all but threw Remington under the bus and proceeded to do a burning donut session on their heads. I think that if they can fill that many orders now, while they're in transition, that when they're back up and running their own orders at maximum we'll start seeing our bulk packs of UMC, thunderbolts, and maybe even the golden sabers that just sort of evaporated back in '16...

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Kirk posted one of my reference articles in the other thread this came up in. Vista all but threw Remington under the bus and proceeded to do a burning donut session on their heads. I think that if they can fill that many orders now, while they're in transition, that when they're back up and running their own orders at maximum we'll start seeing our bulk packs of UMC, thunderbolts, and maybe even the golden sabers that just sort of evaporated back in '16...
I really liked their 100rd value pack JHP pistol rounds they sold at Walmart. They quit making it the same year Walmart quit selling pistol ammo, and aZZault weapon rounds. I had just started acquiring SJHP's for the Ruger Security Six.

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts
Used to use Golden Sabers in my 1911. Damn, but i miss those.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,024 ·
200 rds AR Feed, (223/556) 54.9c/rd + tax and it looks like they now have a "2 box per caliber" and 10 box max limit. I'm a bit over budget so I stopped at 200 rds

Might be slowing down around here, we don't have a big BLANTIFA problem...metro area is 101,000

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,026 ·
200 rds AR Feed, (223/556) 54.9c/rd + tax and it looks like they now have a "2 box per caliber" and 10 box max limit.
Forgot to mention this was Academy.
LGS #1 had per caliber limits, and a good selection 👌

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Forgot to mention this was Academy.
LGS #1 had per caliber limits, and a good selection 👌
Wish we had one here. Metro Area is approximately 250,000. Yet, we have NO big box stores for sporting goods.
I've pretty well got what I need. Short a little .380.

I really need some 32 ACP. My new toy, the Yugo M70, has very little to shoot. I see it available in several places, but not gonna pay $1.20 to $1.60 per round plus the shipping to the online GOUGERS!

·
What the Hell was that?
683 Posts
Wish we had one here. Metro Area is approximately 250,000. Yet, we have NO big box stores for sporting goods.
I've pretty well got what I need. Short a little .380.

I really need some 32 ACP. My new toy, the Yugo M70, has very little to shoot. I see it available in several places, but not gonna pay $1.20 to $1.60 per round plus the shipping to the online GOUGERS!
I know what you mean. Only one near me is Bass Pro Shop, almost an hour away, and they haven’t had what i need for awhile now. Nearest Academy that i know of is on the other coast.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Is $1 per round for 230 grain hollow point .45 Auto a good deal right now in April 2021 in your opinion?

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Is $1 per round for 230 grain hollow point .45 Auto a good deal right now in April 2021 in your opinion?
That was normal pricing 2 years ago. Whose JHP's?

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Not bad, i think. .45ACP fmjs are still going for $60-65 per 50, in my AO.
You guys live in a firearm "food desert" in your area. Geez I was in Sebring last year. Only 2 gun stores, same JHP's in 9.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
That was normal pricing 2 years ago. Whose jacketed hollow points?
They are Ammo Incorporated brand .45 Auto jacketed hollow points. 20 round box for $19.90 plus shipping. I think I may order a box.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
I would at that price if I had a 45. See any 32 acp there?
I just ordered 40 rounds of .308 Winchester steel case, 120 rounds of hollow point 7.62 x 39 steel case and 20 rounds of .45 Auto hollow points brass cased for $128.50 with shipping.

Sorry. They have no decent priced .32 Auto ammunition at the website.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,037 · (Edited)
Wow, that's downright crazy! We HAD a gouger mountain, but they all went tits up, so for a time we had Academy and Gander.
PLUS Top Guns of Terre Haute, they are not a chain but put any chain to utter shame. All GUNS all the time, plus an indoor range.
So for a time we had 3 firearms superstores, but Vigo County is basically the old time center of the USA. Literally. 3 major US
Highways and/or Interstates. And every train that ever went east to west or back passed thru here 🤣🤣🤣 Yep we're LUCKY.

I would at that price if I had a 45.
I'ma just leave this right here...
😳

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
I'ma just leave this right here...
😳
Were you in the Army? Forced to carry and shoot junk old WWII 1911 pistols? They were worn out and never refurbed for new issue. I swore off of those things and will never own one. But that is just me. You can do as you wish.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,039 ·
Were you in the Army? Forced to carry and shoot junk old WWII 1911 pistols? They were worn out and never refurbed for new issue. I swore off of those things and will never own one. But that is just me. You can do as you wish.
Sure, I'm thinking a new 1911 trumps one of those LOL

It might be neat to own an old GI 1911 if it was rebuilt...

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Sure, I'm thinking a new 1911 trumps one of those LOL

It might be neat to own an old GI 1911 if it was rebuilt...
Years ago, say 1970 circa, you could buy one for I think it was $40.00. Shipped to you from the Rock Island Arsenal here.
Now, those were rebuilt by Masters.

4021 - 4040 of 4060 Posts