Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

4041 - 4060 of 4060 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Were you in the Army? Forced to carry and shoot junk old WWII 1911 pistols? They were worn out and never refurbed for new issue. I swore off of those things and will never own one. But that is just me. You can do as you wish.
Glock, Smith & Wesson and Springfield all make decent polymer framed .45 Auto pistols that are a lot less in weight than a heavy 1911 handgun with shorter barrel lengths. I prefer 3 to 3.5 inch barrels as I like to conceal carry.

I'm glad I picked two common handgun calibers, .40 Smith & Wesson and .45 Auto. It is harder to find .40 S&W than .45 Auto for me lately. Pistol rounds are more difficult to find at a decent price than rifle rounds for me. I refuse to pay $1 per round for full metal jacket pistol rounds.

·
Premium Member
21,209 Posts
100 rounds of Hornady Frontier 5.56 for $70. Not much of a deal if you ask me. But it was there.
$.80 per round is normal right now on line. You did okay. It is what it is right now.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
LGS just got in an order of 9mm. At $25/50 rounds it's not a great price but I can live with it for now. Gotta feed the HTA 995.😄

Reactions: yworrydog

·
Premium Member
6,807 Posts
Ordered earlier today 150 rds of Fiocchi 32 acp for $.70 per rd. This is $.60 a rd less than I could find any where else this afternoon. Lowest price I found on Ammoseek was $1.30 to $1.60 per round.

Not great, but better than the $.92 rd I got some for earlier.

·
Premium Member
21,209 Posts
Didn't score anything but I've noticed that prices seem to be dropping on Gunbroker.
I just saw some steel case 9mm sell for .38 per round.
Saw 1000rds of PMC .223 going for $700 shipped VS $800 a week ago. Not the same seller. Everyone is selling ammo now. Gunmagwarehouseis one that just got into it. (Not that I've checked their prices, don't care)

·
What the Hell was that?
681 Posts
Finally got lucky and found a couple of boxes of 12 gauge #6 for the new Mossberg. Got the last 2, but at $12.50 a box, I’m not sure if it was a deal. Haven’t bought 12 ga in a looong time, but i guess .50 per ain’t that horrible..

·
Premium Member
21,209 Posts
Finally got lucky and found a couple of boxes of 12 gauge #6 for the new Mossberg. Got the last 2, but at $12.50 a box, I’m not sure if it was a deal. Haven’t bought 12 ga in a looong time, but i guess .50 per ain’t that horrible..
Is it "high brass?" That costs more.

·
Premium Member
8,512 Posts
Yeah, thankfully. Not big on the low brass, unless I don’t have a choice.
That's ridiculous!

For decades now, I've successfully hunted small and large game with low brass shotshells.

The only time I use high brass is when I'm shooting at waterfowl.

eldar

·
What the Hell was that?
681 Posts
That's ridiculous!

For decades now, I've successfully hunted small and large game with low brass shotshells.

The only time I use high brass is when I'm shooting at waterfowl.

eldar
Just a matter of personal preference, is all. I used to have a Saiga 12 that wouldn’t feed anything but High brass. Kinda just got used to it.

·
Premium Member
21,209 Posts
Got some of this ordered.

And some 100gr fragging stuff 1622421981983.png 1622422182804.png

·
Registered
928 Posts
I didn't score any but I went to my LGS and browsed some today. So, this store is a pretty big outfit and well known regionally.

I am please to say that there was an abundant supply of almost all kinds of ammo. Most notable exception that they did not have was .380.

But, it was expensive. CCI Mini mags $0.30 per round. Cases of Federal 5.56 was $1.00 per round. They had Barnhaul steel case that was less. 10mm was over $1.00 per round. Brass 9mm $0.75, steel case $0.60 per round. But, they had all you wanted or could afford.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Saw 1000rds of PMC .223 going for $700 shipped VS $800 a week ago. Not the same seller. Everyone is selling ammo now. Gunmagwarehouseis one that just got into it. (Not that I've checked their prices, don't care)
Hopefully, some of the resellers are going to back down which should further ease prices

·
Premium Member
21,209 Posts
Hopefully, some of the resellers are going to back down which should further ease prices
I saw Remington green and white box .223 pop up somewhere yesterday online. Remington is coming back.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I picked up a 100rd box of American Eagle 230gr .45 fmj's and an 800rd range pack of Federal .22lr. .75 a rd for the .45 and .10 a rd for the .22.
Not cheap, but available. I was surprised to find either.

·
Premium Member
6,807 Posts
I picked up a 100rd box of American Eagle 230gr .45 fmj's and an 800rd range pack of Federal .22lr. .75 a rd for the .45 and .10 a rd for the .22.
Not cheap, but available. I was surprised to find either.
I'm seeing more availability of various calibers now.

4041 - 4060 of 4060 Posts