Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

4041 - 4052 of 4052 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Were you in the Army? Forced to carry and shoot junk old WWII 1911 pistols? They were worn out and never refurbed for new issue. I swore off of those things and will never own one. But that is just me. You can do as you wish.
Glock, Smith & Wesson and Springfield all make decent polymer framed .45 Auto pistols that are a lot less in weight than a heavy 1911 handgun with shorter barrel lengths. I prefer 3 to 3.5 inch barrels as I like to conceal carry.

I'm glad I picked two common handgun calibers, .40 Smith & Wesson and .45 Auto. It is harder to find .40 S&W than .45 Auto for me lately. Pistol rounds are more difficult to find at a decent price than rifle rounds for me. I refuse to pay $1 per round for full metal jacket pistol rounds.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
100 rounds of Hornady Frontier 5.56 for $70. Not much of a deal if you ask me. But it was there.
$.80 per round is normal right now on line. You did okay. It is what it is right now.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
LGS just got in an order of 9mm. At $25/50 rounds it's not a great price but I can live with it for now. Gotta feed the HTA 995.😄

Reactions: yworrydog

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Ordered earlier today 150 rds of Fiocchi 32 acp for $.70 per rd. This is $.60 a rd less than I could find any where else this afternoon. Lowest price I found on Ammoseek was $1.30 to $1.60 per round.

Not great, but better than the $.92 rd I got some for earlier.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Didn't score anything but I've noticed that prices seem to be dropping on Gunbroker.
I just saw some steel case 9mm sell for .38 per round.
Saw 1000rds of PMC .223 going for $700 shipped VS $800 a week ago. Not the same seller. Everyone is selling ammo now. Gunmagwarehouseis one that just got into it. (Not that I've checked their prices, don't care)

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
Finally got lucky and found a couple of boxes of 12 gauge #6 for the new Mossberg. Got the last 2, but at $12.50 a box, I’m not sure if it was a deal. Haven’t bought 12 ga in a looong time, but i guess .50 per ain’t that horrible..

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Finally got lucky and found a couple of boxes of 12 gauge #6 for the new Mossberg. Got the last 2, but at $12.50 a box, I’m not sure if it was a deal. Haven’t bought 12 ga in a looong time, but i guess .50 per ain’t that horrible..
Is it "high brass?" That costs more.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Yeah, thankfully. Not big on the low brass, unless I don’t have a choice.
That's ridiculous!

For decades now, I've successfully hunted small and large game with low brass shotshells.

The only time I use high brass is when I'm shooting at waterfowl.

eldar

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
That's ridiculous!

For decades now, I've successfully hunted small and large game with low brass shotshells.

The only time I use high brass is when I'm shooting at waterfowl.

eldar
Just a matter of personal preference, is all. I used to have a Saiga 12 that wouldn’t feed anything but High brass. Kinda just got used to it.

4041 - 4052 of 4052 Posts