Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
4201 - 4220 of 4222 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,201 ·
I've got a 50 cal ammo crate FULL of it, and in .270 as well. 50/50 split between 130gr and 150gr.
How are the eyes, old man? I said it was in boxes in my post...
Ok, just the durty-thirty is in the can.

I was questioning my sanity if I included the can, but now I have a small surplus of 50cal cans. The only known time I gifted a can was a prepper survival pack, when I met Mister @Bull the first time lol

Traded a pole-pig for breakfast at cracker barrel and I threw in the survival stuff. That was the infamous Ferguson meet-up, right at one year before Michael Brown did his suicide by cop crap...

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Honestly I'm probably never going to need it for 30-30. I just dont shoot it enough.
Dad left me a 336 Marlin. I traded my sister/BIL for his Marlin 39A.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
I have been buying 1 box of 7.62x51 M80 Winchester every week last couple of weeks. $1.15 a round.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
UPS had my case of 124gr Igman. Sealed primers. Makes me wonder if it is NATO spec. No circle with a cross on the head stamp. Might try some next week.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,035 Posts
While puttering around in muh storage unit conducting an inventory of muh filing cabinets, drawer by drawer, I found a box of UMC 250 rounds of 9mm 115grn ball marked at $59.99 from Academy Sports and Outdoors.

That's going to be a blast from the past!

Rerun

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,213 ·
While puttering around in muh storage unit conducting an inventory of muh filing cabinets, drawer by drawer, I found a box of UMC 250 rounds of 9mm 115grn ball marked at $59.99 from Academy Sports and Outdoors.

That's going to be a blast from the past!

Rerun
$12 a box of 50, not bad, but I think most of us remember even cheaper. I seem to recall $8.99 for the 115gr FMJ 9mm. I'd love to obtain another truckload of 9mm NATO for $15 a box, or less...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,215 ·
💪😎(y)

I've never seen 22lr that cheap, for sale. Can't remember if any of Dad's old stash had prices, it surely was old enough to be under a Doll-Hair! 🤣

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,035 Posts
💪😎(y)

I've never seen 22lr that cheap, for sale. Can't remember if any of Dad's old stash had prices, it surely was old enough to be under a Doll-Hair! 🤣
I remember riding my bicycle down to the K-Mart and buying .22's at $5.15 a brick including tax back in the middle 1960's.

That ended in 1968 when the DemoNcrats stole more of our rights with the gun control act of 1968 because they couldn't control their own people.

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I have some in the safe marked 8.99 a box, and some 22LR shells marked .89 a box
Back when dirt was young and I had hair, .22 could be bought for as little as .50/box. 'Course, 1.50/hr was decent money for a 14 year old working summers.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,220 ·
I was hearing about recent pricing close to the 2c per round level, 22lr, but that was talking to a friend around the time of Sandy Hook. Slightly before, if memory serves.

That was also when I had illusions of only having maybe 5 calibers o_O

Yeah, that was crazy talk!

4201 - 4220 of 4222 Posts