Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
4261 - 4266 of 4266 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,261 ·
Walmart had a bunch of CCI .22. I got 2 boxes of Mini Mags in HP. They had some "Silver Tip." Watched a video on them and they didn't do as good as the Mini's. Of course I got my required box of M80 Winchester which may be drying up.
If you ever find your happy @$$ in TH I'd give you some 762x51 and a magazine... don't think my AR10 plan is gonna materialize.
It's kinda redundant when one owns so much AK crap

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
If you ever find your happy @$$ in TH I'd give you some 762x51 and a magazine... don't think my AR10 plan is gonna materialize.
It's kinda redundant when one owns so much AK crap
Dude….7.62x39 and .308 are NOT candidates for redundancy. At least go buy a $350 Savage to have the ability to shoot the x51 stuff.
And….my SIL just paid $400 for an upper, and the guy who sold it is saying since he likes it so much, he’ll probably just give him another upper and some ammo. The dude just paid $48K for a Razor that is 18 months out on the waiting list….money is meaningless to some people.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,263 · (Edited)
Dude….7.62x39 and .308 are NOT candidates for redundancy. At least go buy a $350 Savage to have the ability to shoot the x51 stuff.
And….my SIL just paid $400 for an upper, and the guy who sold it is saying since he likes it so much, he’ll probably just give him another upper and some ammo. The dude just paid $48K for a Razor that is 18 months out on the waiting list….money is meaningless to some people.
You are a million % correct on not redundant but in my AO, I don't have the long shot ranges that would make the x51 worth it to me. Yeah, I'm over simplifying it, because the x51 has more energy at all ranges, far and near, but I don't even think I have a full 300 yards line of sight anywhere.

That being said, I'd buy a bolty like you suggest, but I love one that uses AR10 magazines. Is that a mythical creature or what?

:unsure:

PS: MOSSBERG (y) (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: retread

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
You are a million % correct on not redundant but in my AO, I don't have the long shot ranges that would make the x51 worth it to me. Yeah, I'm over simplifying it, because the x51 has more energy at all ranges, far and near, but I don't even think I have a full 300 yards line of sight anywhere.

That being said, I'd buy a bolty like you suggest, but I love one that uses AR10 magazines. Is that a mythical creature or what?

Just keep in mind that when shooting in closer with x51, a true hollow point is better. We had over penetration issues with 147gr M80 and 175gr M118 ammo when engaging targets inside 300y. Rounds just zipped right through so we were trained to aim for large boney areas. Hips, shoulders, sternum. Personally, I prefer the 168gr Nosler Partitions because they perform very similarly to the SMK but expand much more efficiently.

·
Registered
350 Posts

mossberg mvp patrol or scout rifles are ar10 mag compatible. $658 msrp.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

4261 - 4266 of 4266 Posts