What are some online dealers for "stuff"?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by BSK, Feb 23, 2008.

1. BSK

BSK Guest

I've been looking around and just adding items to shopping carts at websites and got surprised that the shipping costs for items is often way more than the merchandise!
    I was looking to get some snap caps and small plastic boxes to keep ammunition in. The cost was like 13$ for the items but shipping is often in the 15$ range. Whats up with that?

Also what are some websites out there besides the following:

midwayusa
    cheaperthandirt
    cabelas

2. Yea and with this Lead surcharge, you can often expect a hefty fee added to checkout of bullets for reloading.

3. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I plan to "open" an internet store that will sell gun cleaning supplies, plastic ammo boxes and much more and I will require a $25 minimum purchase but will only charge $8 S&H for orders of $25 to $59.

pm me with your email addy and when I get rolling I'll send ya a price list and discount coupon.......

4. BSK

BSK Guest

How are you going to handle ammunition orders with that 8$ flat fee?

5. well, biganimal, let me know when you open. i'll be your first costumer.

6. unclerob

unclerob Member

7. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I won't be selling ammo as its too competitive a market......

8. Your going to make costumes for him? :D Sorry, had to say it.

9. p7196

p7196 Guest

I found a 1000 rnd deal for $132.00 + shipping.

10. BSK

BSK Guest

shipping is most likely going to kill that deal

11. p7196

p7196 Guest

Shipping was $19.52. So yep that just killed it. By the time I paid the shipping I can buy local cheaper.

12. biganimal

biganimal Guest

check out www.ammoman.com

the price you see is the one you pay includes shipping. not always the cheapest so know the local prices prior to ordering

13. I have found ammoman to be higher to compensate for shipping. I bought 500 .45 Wolf for a total of $131 including shipping from the-armory. ammoman wants $149 with free shipping. I will take shipping any day. The same with some 7.62x54 I bought recently.

14. BSK

BSK Guest

I guess you need to look around. Im looking at 9mm 1000rounds from ammoman and so far they are the cheapest for me here in VA. CTD adds like 30$ for shipping and so nearly all the other people so ammoman would get my business coming up