What are the most affordable FA/select fire

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Oct 24, 2020.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I said price as we were discussing “affordable” and I’m pretty sure I can get a personal loan to get one.
    I’ve paid for my drivers license and every renewal.
    I’ve also had my Immigration status checked for issuance and every (yearly) renewal in the State of Florida.
    ;)

* and you shouldn’t buy a car with financing, means you can’t afford it.
    :p

undeRGRound likes this.
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    At that point...in for a penny, in for a pound.
    They make semi illegal, I’m not complying.....so why not go all out down the criminal path?

undeRGRound likes this.

3. SWAGA

upload_2020-10-25_15-49-1.jpeg

upload_2020-10-25_15-49-32.jpeg

Same price...different priority.

Think1st, ajole and undeRGRound like this.
  4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    DrSnake and Think1st like this.
  5. SWAGA

I’ll use my HiPoint problem solver with McCarbo spring and extended clip....

[​IMG]

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It’s a clipazine, noob.
    And without the shoulder thing that goes up, you’re just a poser.

undeRGRound and histed like this.
  7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I don't think those places are recycling receivers in perpetuity. There was a whole thread I read about the strength of different AK receivers and evidence of when the receivers failed after daily use on full-auto at Battlefield Las Vegas. As much as their weapons get abused for customers' amusement, they appear to develop receiver cracks over time.

If anyone is curious, the WASR rifles were the most robust and able to handle the the highest round counts before their receivers failed.

undeRGRound likes this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    On real steel guns, they rebuild them as long as the serial number stays on a chunk of metal.
    Not sure what they do with sheet metal guns, but of you have the license, I bet you can “repair” the gun and then stamp the correct numbers on it pretty effectively.

OldOutlaw and Think1st like this.
  9. riverrover

riverrover Member

Transferables are a cool item investment. I know a guy that makes really good $ and knows how to invest it, but he ended up pulling a lot of the $ out and buying the huge firearms collection he wanted.
    Things like preban FALs, Galils, AK's, Valmets, HK,s, M1A,s, older US military weapons, etc. He stated that the price increases on the weapons he wanted were exceeding what he could earn through financial investments.
    I think he started collecting in the mid 90's or 2000. I only owned 3 weapons (before the ban) that would be banned from import after the 1989 assault weapons ban, but was able to purchase probably 4 more in the 90's from people who did not know their rifle for sale was a preban.

10. riverrover

riverrover Member

That makes sense.
    If you buy a MG receiver that has been torch cut in 4 places and weld it back together in original configuration, you now have a unregistered MG.

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Something just popped into my head for a theory, based on what you just said:

Maybe it's the fire control components that matter more than the receiver. At one local place, there's a full-auto Saiga, which looks just like the semi-auto rear converted one that sold for $599 about seven years ago. That Saiga was definitely made after 1986, so maybe it's key internals are pre-1986.

12. SWAGA

13. riverrover

riverrover Member

The M49 appears to have some Dewat mods done to it. As it's still a registered MG, I would assume you could reverse the mods to make it active again.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "Some light "deactivation" work has been performed, particularly a weld in the breech that obstructs the chamber, and a pair of small tack welds that secure the barrel to the receiver; the exact composition of the welds is unknown, and the breech weld seems particularly shallow. No other apparent "dewat" work has been done, and the item is fully Form 4 registered as a machine gun; the bolt has not been welded in place or ground down, and the mechanism appears to be generally in good order."

14. SWAGA

Yeah I saw that but figured it’s a Russkie design so it should handle The HiPoint Solution.

* The YT inspired grinder to the feedramp prior to shooting it.

undeRGRound and ajole like this.
  15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

CamoDeafie likes this.
  16. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You can get a transferable MAC11 at a decent price, or you could look for a registered Lightening Link.

SWAGA likes this.
  17. FlashBang

They will have a mix of MG's that are on Form 4's, Dealer samples and/or manufacturer items under an 07. If they are an 07 they can convert new model semi's with a Law Letter, which is usually pretty easy to get if they are friendly with their area LEO's.

undeRGRound and Think1st like this.
  18. FlashBang

You'd lose the bet. If the original receiver with SN intact can be repaired that is ok... you cannot re-stamp the SN onto another receiver as that is not a 'repair'.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    ajole likes this.
  19. SWAGA

Can you transfer the fire control group to a new receiver as river was asking?

ajole likes this.