What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lsi1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. lsi1

lsi1 Member

just finished the going home series from A. American and started a Zombie survival series by James N. Cook Surviving the dead.

what are you all reading maybe we can share some good stuff.

2. Right now, Herculean by my friend Jeremy Robinson.
    He's actually published over 50 books, keeps cranking them out almost monthly.

3. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

A book titled "The Bamboo Express" by Benjamin Dunn.

His tale of being a POW for the Japanese in WW II written in 1979.

Pretty straight forward story.

In remembrance for Veterans' Day.

eldar

4. histed

histed Supporting Member

The Sharpe's series by Bernard Cromwell. Just finished Sharpe's Tiger and started the 2nd (chronological) in the series. Fairly accurate historically, so far, and based around the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars.

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Currently reading the latest issue of Field and Stream.

Just finished a cool book last night Called Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn

From Amazon

6. Fracman

Fracman Member

Hipoint fire arms forums it is a great book. Learn all of great stuff from it.

7. histed

histed Supporting Member

And often things you really don't want to know :rofl::eek::rofl:

8. lsi1

lsi1 Member

tall there is 10 or more of the mitch flynn books.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    "Gods Secretaries" by Adam Nicolson. Just got it, haven't cracked it open yet.

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

How's about a PM once you do. Saw this one and it looked interesting Let me now what you think??

11. Tribes

Tribes Supporting Member

AZ
    The Survivalist by Arthur T Bradley PH.D. An Apocalyptic series of 6 books and awaiting for the 7th book expected this year. Lots of in your face action for survival in many different scenarios with no apologies. Not unlike The Walking Dead but no walkers. Similar to the Last Ship TV series but not at sea.

12. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I noticed that when I found that info on Amazon.

I grabbed this one at a second hand store. Might have to keep checking there, or have the wife grab me some from the Library

13. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Stealing the General. About the great locomotive chase through Georgia during the Civil War.

14. I'm reading up on 2 different topics.

1. Militia law, history, current thoughts on it, etc.
    2. Alternatives to nitrocellulose in smokeless powders, the easier ones to make that don't require much for inputs.

15. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Re-reading the Odd Thomas series,, from Dean Koontz

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

"False Gods" by JD Kinmann. So far he has written 2 books and they are well worth reading. Lot of second amendment stuff, some history, ideas to fix this country, all wrapped up in a story.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I've read Going Home, but have to still buy the rest of the series.

Mark Healy, whom wrote the 'After The Winter' series has started a new series and I got to be on his early reader's list, so I have started reading Earthbound (book 1 of The Reach) http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...=1447234193&ref_=sr_1_1&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

So far, I am really enjoying it!

On a similar note..... I found this free book finding service called BookBub.com. You check the genres of what you like to read and you then get daily emails listing great deals on e versions of lots of books. Many of them are free and/or less than $2. I've added nearly 50 new books to read to my Paperwhite that I got for free! So if you use an e reader, check it out!

20. lsi1

lsi1 Member

amazon kindle unlimited helps some not great books but quite a few for $10 a month I add them to my wishlist till I get a few then pick up the service for a couple months then drop it till I have a pile again.