Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What type of sight?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I have had 4 scopes on my 995 and all of them have taken a crap on me. I have now switched back to factory irons as they are accurate and easy to use.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
When I took my 995 out to shoot for the first time, I just didn't care for the iron sights. I got out my tools and took the red/green dot off the AR and installed it using the rail included with the rifle. I like it, my son liked it, and a friend who has fired it liked it. I doubt I'll ever put the iron sights back on. Now I've got the BUIS back on the A3 upper and I need to get another red dot to replace them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Kept my red dot on the 995, am going back to irons on the 4095.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Have not scoped either of my carbines. I find I hit well enough with the iron sights. I don't have to worry about sight-in shots whenever I go to the range.

·
Registered
996 Posts
BSA Red Dot with a dead battery :p

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Since the 995 will be my home defense long gun I dont really see a need for optics or dot sights, but I will give them a go just to see how well they work on the gun. Due to the design of the receiver cover I dont hold a lot of faith in an optical sight keeping zero for a long period of time, but I am sure a dot sight will work fine.

rimfirehunter

·
Registered
708 Posts
I can't stress enough the importance of iron sights.
If you can't use iron sights then if something happens to your optics when it counts then you're hoo-dooed. But optics are nice. I can't dispute that.
I've got irons on one of my 995's and the other I have a red-dot.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
BSA Red Dot with a dead battery :p
I have the magazine pouch on my stock, so I just took an extra battery, left it in the blister pack, and slipped it under the elastic. That way, I've got an unopened spare with me wherever I go. :wink:

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
I can't stress enough the importance of iron sights.
If you can't use iron sights then if something happens to your optics when it counts then you're hoo-dooed. But optics are nice. I can't dispute that.
I've got irons on one of my 995's and the other I have a red-dot.
Or if the battery dies or is dying and you cannot find another one SHTF situation just carefully mark where the dot is on the scope and TADAAA you have a spot to aim on

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I have had 4 scopes on my 995 and all of them have taken a crap on me. I have now switched back to factory irons as they are accurate and easy to use.
Primal you sure have had bad luck on them. I have a BSA red dot on a 12 gauge pump shotgun and it has survived over 30 rds so far. :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts