Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What caliber handgun is your daily carry weapon ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd see what most people carry on a daily baisis .. If your caliber is not here just put in other catagory and I may add it to the list ..

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I carry a HP C9 as my primary and a Charter .357mag as my backup. Can't vote twice, but since I've had the 9 longer I will vote that one.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
When I get my CC license it'll be my Rock Island Armory .45acp 1911.

·
Registered
114 Posts
.45ACP Taurus PT145

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I wouldn't carry 9mm, I've heard of people being shot multiple times with it and they would still chase their "victim" and I'm talking 3 shots to the chest and such.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Just curious, why was this posted in the Dark Rooms? It's not political or anything... :thinking:

·
Banned
401 Posts
I have carried a 9mm since my days in the military, and I continue to carry a 9 now...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I wouldn't carry 9mm, I've heard of people being shot multiple times with it and they would still chase their "victim" and I'm talking 3 shots to the chest and such.
Ya know... there is ALOT of talk about "stories" of guys being hit multiple times by a 9mm/.38/.40S&W and even a .50 (not kidding... the internet produces great rumors) and still surviving and many use that as a basis to insist bigger is better. And, alot of gun snobs will use this to demean an alternative caliber like the Makarov for being a "womans" round (which makes NO sense) or being something that will only "piss off" an attacker.

To all of those I say this:

Have YOU been shot with one or multiple bullets?

Well, I have and let me tell you: THEY FREAKIN' HURT LIKE HELL AND YOU WILL STOP!!!!! I don't care how tough you are, you WILL notice a 9mm round! In the real world, far from the speculation and urban legends of Tweakers taking 5 to 6 rounds from whatever caliber and going on a rampage as was told by some internet posting by a guy's brother-in-law who knew this dude at an ER who did paperwork for this surgeon who's buddy saw it happen on TV about 3 years ago, bullets have this nasty habbit of inducing shock just for the fact that you had a hot piece of metal shoved into you at a fair bit close to the speed of sound!

Shot placement is key, as is intent. Just ask anyone who has worked combat medicine or at an ER.... or better yet anyone who has REALLY been shot... There is more to a bullet wound than the size of the whole. The psycology makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hard to argue with neos logic there lol. :brow:

But ill throw this in.

My cousin was in iraq for almost 2 years. Said the issued 9mm they carried, it would take multiple shots to down an enemy. The had a .45.......2 shot on average. Sometimes one.

Ive also heard that from other soldiers who have actually had to use their side arm to stop someone.

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Mine is a Taurus PT 24/7 OSS DS 45.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Don't forget military training and you will be fine, 3 shots center mass and one in the head, that should do it for anyone no matter what drugs they could be on.

But when it comes to shot placement how is three to the chest not good enough even with 9mm?

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Don't forget military training and you will be fine, 3 shots center mass and one in the head, that should do it for anyone no matter what drugs they could be on.

But when it comes to shot placement how is three to the chest not good enough even with 9mm?
But not all of us can get military training! ;) Even so, you pop someone three times in the chest with just about anything and the average bad guy will vacate the premises most riki tick! Put three 9mm rounds center mass (especially a good PD round) and the only thing left to do is clean your weapon and your floors!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I was a .45 guy, still am when conditions allow or demand it but I have taken to carrying a .380 for everyday carry all the time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A few things to add here .. Although I usually carry my .357 mag I do also carry a 9mm or .380 at times.. When I here stories of poilice and military stating it took multiple shots to drop or kill a guy I have to say it's there job to do so and staying around to make sure the guy doesn't get away is different than protecting myself or family .. If and I mean IF any of my firearms does not drop the guy on the spot and kill him I know that it will more than likely stop any pursuit of me or loved ones .. Unlike a cop or military I will bug out to safty as soon as my shots hit .. My weapons are to keep me safe not just to put bad guys in the ground . ^-^  With that said I know any of them will put a guy six feet under its just a mater of placement and time ..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts