Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a cheap scope, and rain at the range. This is my 4095 with five fairly quick shots from a rest with Winchester White Box ammo at 50 yards. This gun will shoot!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Nice! Just ordered a 995 and hope it does as well as yours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice. What kind of scope are you using on your 4095? I bought my wife a classic 995 and we took it to the range yesterday to sight in her new $29 sightmark reflex sight. She doesn't do very well with open sights but the reflex made a significant improvment. I couldn't help playing around hitting plastic bottles at 60 yards like it was nothing, and clays at 100 with a little more effort. These things are absolutely amazing. I actually did better with it than some folks were doing with their AR carbines.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Hi Point Gods are giving me my just deserts for talking smack about hi points back in my younger days. I am so envious of you guys with 4095s that Im foaming at the mouth. :cantlook: :cry2: :'(

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I thought by the thread title that this was going to be a HP bashing thread..... glad for your success!!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Not to sure what to expect but I'll let you know shortly after my 995 comes in.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My scope on my 4095 is a $50 3-9 airgun scope

Airgun scopes are rated for lots of recoil and work fine on firearms. Mine is a Tasco Golden Antler 3-9 AO that I bought at Gander Mountain for $49.95. Another good and inexpensive scope brand is Leapers. I like a crosshair reticle scope better than a red dot, because the red dot is too large to be as accurate at ranges from 50 yards out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice. What kind of scope are you using on your 4095? I bought my wife a classic 995 and we took it to the range yesterday to sight in her new $29 sightmark reflex sight. She doesn't do very well with open sights but the reflex made a significant improvment. I couldn't help playing around hitting plastic bottles at 60 yards like it was nothing, and clays at 100 with a little more effort. These things are absolutely amazing. I actually did better with it than some folks were doing with their AR carbines.
I just picked up a Sightmark the other day, works great! I'm a bit concerned with the "Lock" hex bolt though, the included Allen wrench doesn't seem to fit it well; does your wrench lock into the hex bolt good & tight?

·
Registered
69 Posts
That hex bolt/allen wrench lockup is a little sloppy on mine as well but it isn't something that you touque down a great deal. I believe it only locks the elevation and the base is only plastic or polymer. I only had it to the range once but so far I am happy with it. I dialed it in at 25 yards and it seemed to hit fairly flat at 100. Im not ready to give it rave reviews just yet. I need to torture it a little more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts