Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 20 gauge 870 and I only have two chokes for the bird barrel. I have a super full for turkeys (which works awesome by the way). But the only other choke I have found in stores is a modified, I bought one, but I was wondering how it would work on skeet? I tried with the super full once and the ones I hit disintegrated, but it was hard to hit them.

What is everyone else shooting skeet with?

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
For skeet shooting or dove hunting I always use a modified choke. The spread pattern opens really well for close in shots and still gives me a range of 30 - 40 yards for those long shots on birds.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that makes sense. I use the modified for grouse, so it should work fine for skeet.

That super full cylinder is bad ass when you actually hit the clay though. It dissolves it.

We shot yesterday with my friends open guns, and you barely have to aim to hit them, its not to challenging.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Skeet is a close up shotgun sport. Usually a skeet 1 or skeet 2 is used. If you don't have those use IC. Trap is a longer range there you would use a IM for 16 yard and a Full for handicap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.