What did you do in the reloading room today?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by talonted1990, May 12, 2015.

1. I saw this (and participate in this) on other forums and was wondering if it would work here.

Today I tumbled 200 primed 9mm cases. Yes I have heard the warnings but my tumbler didn't blow up and my cases are clean.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Today I cleaned up my workbench and packed everything in to containers readying for them for transport.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Worked... my gun room / reloading room / home office is all together. I have been known on occasion to be working either on a firearm or reloading during conference calls. The mute button is a wonderful thing. :D

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It was last week...I hadn't done it in a long time, so I had a lot of mixed brass, like 120 .40, 100 .45, 24 10 mm, and 50 9 mm...some of you know where this is going.:cool:

Guess what a 9 mm and a .45 case can do? Guess what a .40 and a .45 case can do? A 9mm and a .40 case? And the worst...a 9mm in a 10?

When they get stuck with the rims outward, it's not too bad...but when a 9mm wedges rim first DEEP inside a 10 mm...it's not so easy to separate.:eek:

Sometimes it can be a bit decorative, like this guy's brass.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Sometimes, it sucks lots.
    This isn't my picture, I didn't bend any brass...but I understand why this guy did.:(

[​IMG]

Only have about 15 cases to re-tumble though.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Nothing, stopped by the store and bought it. I am now running and ducking. :D

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Primed a bunch of 223 with a new hand primer I bought. Now I know why I like bench or press mounted priming tools.

7. Fracman

Fracman Member

I have the lee hand primer I find it very easy to use

8. Went to Church came home looking at my bench and said not today. Went out side looked at the garden and said Youtube sounds more funner (pun intended).

9. primed and loaded about 170 rnds of 40. Went to the range and shot about 100 rnds 45. Mowed the lawn.

10. I finally put my range bag with nothing in it but empty cases from yesterday's shooting - didn't even turn on the light.

11. colthrash

colthrash Supporting Member

you have a shooting range and a lawn in your reloading room??? :D

12. SWO1

SWO1 Member

Yesterday made a Port Level Loading Block for the front rest. Also a set of 3 feet for the rest. Also made a Patch pulling device for cleaning the .22 bench gun. Cost from Sinclair and Caldwell bout $100, my cost $2.38 ....

Attached Files:

13. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Good job! Never thought about using a goose neck from lamp to make one with. You could use ammo reloading boxes to do other calibers with also.
    I tell my kids all the time.. "Necessity is the other of invention". ;)

14. SWO1

SWO1 Member

When I looked at the one made By Sinclair theirs has a flexible shaft also. If I want just as you said, to change calibers just switch out the top with a different one.

15. Today I sat and stared at the walls, I was going to reload some 45acp but some idiot decided to make cases that use small pistol primers. I am out of small pistol primers.

16. cleaned 50 cases of .308 Win in citric acid and dish soap. Tomorrow after getting back from the range they will get tumbled and turned into cat sneeze loads.

17. cross+hare

cross+hare Member

Just loaded 250 9mm powder coated 125 grn lrn with some 473 aa supper-handicap.
    Cross+Hare

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I used the vice on my bench to hold the fragged water pump so I could take the fan off the pulley.

19. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Loaded some BBI 135gr for Buckeye Blast this weekend and tweaked loads for Berry's plated 124s.

20. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    made 100 .223 then cried about my powder situation...:wah: