What did you do in the reloading room today?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by talonted1990, May 12, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Who did you order from?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Precision Bullets from Kemp, Texas. Ordered on July 17.

3. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I picked up some of this stuff today. IMG_0874.jpg

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Couldn't do squat! Four gun stores, plus Walmart, and a phonecall to a private dealer. Not a single got dang small rifle primer to be had. That was every potential option within an hour of my AO.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I made a pair of check weights. 10 grain and 50 grain. I sanded down a 22 long rifle brass and a 9 mm brass. Because I have currently have three pairs of calibrated and mutually checking scales, I knew that I could safely verify it and ensure that I had check weights. This way, when I eventually pair down at least one of those scales, I will be able to have a check weight pair.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Received 500 135 grain .40/10 mm JHP. Cheap as they were seconds. Should be fun to develop a fast load and see how they perform.

B276FDF3-7312-45DA-AAF8-74A1E40AC084.jpeg

lklawson and moona11 like this.
  7. Rachgier

I stood in it, with sadness. It's still at the ex's house. I did do an inventory so I know what I'll need to start picking up over the next few months before I move.

ajole likes this.
  8. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Took delivery of 2,000 mixed range 223/5.56 cases for under $100 shipped, a couple hundred 45 ACP pieces of brass and a nearly full box of 230 gn XTP (.45 ACP).

9. Got frustrated looking for a 9mm carbide 4 die set, that will be on backorder for the next 15 years.

10. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

I got mine a few weeks ago off Ebay. New 4 die Lee carbide. They work good but, don't know if they still have some or not.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  11. I’ve been looking, but so far everything is out of stock or on backorder☹️

12. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Try E-Bay
    EBF0DB65-6BDC-43D2-8E1B-62243BD9BD62.jpeg B2B60AD9-FBD9-481E-A78E-BE969E53D3DD.jpeg

Rabidwookie likes this.
  13. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Personally I do not like the Lee pistol factory crimp die. They have a carbide ring and post size the cartridge. The post sizing is what I do not like. It will hide any mistake in your die setup. Your reloaded rounds should work without the need to post size, if not you are doing something wrong.

Nothing wrong with the dies. If you doneverything right they really only crimp. But if not, it will hide your mistake. (Redundancy does not hurt in reloading). Get the 3vdie set then buy a standard taper crimp die separately.

The Lee rifle factory crimp die does not post size, it just crimps. I am very fond of them.

ajole and Rabidwookie like this.
  14. Sounds like a good idea, actually. Didn’t even think of that.

15. Yardbird

Yardbird Aim small, miss small Member

Since my last post on this thread,
    100pcs Hornady 68gr bthp 223/556 Bass Pro
    500ps seconds from Midway 62gr lead tip 223/556
    From a local gent
    400 pcs Hornady 55gr fmj
    400 pcs Wolf 55gr fmj
    200 pcs Remington 55gr fmj
    and 3 lbs of Alliant Pro Varmint powder

Ar's should be well fed until all the BS blows over and thank goodness I already had plenty of SR primers on hand. My local guy sold 24k 55 gr bullets in under a week and told he CAN NOT even place a back order until Feb 2021 on primers.

Quavodus likes this.
  16. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Loaded about 450 9mm 115 gr. RN powder coated. Finally got my bullets that I ordered. Loaded about 20 .30-06 150 gr. Hornady with IMR4895. The first hunting load I've ever done with that powder. Usually just load Garand and Johnson loads with it.

17. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

Still loading some more .38 Special. Running a little low on small pistol primers {thats a surprise}. Gonna size and expand more till I run out of primers.

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Reorganized a bit, after I bought another 100 .40 brass, 500 185 grain .401 lead bullets, a pound of Universal, and 1000 large pistol primers to keep my .45 happy.

Discovered I was wrong about my primers. About 3000 small rifle, 2000 large rifle, 3000 small pistol, and 1500 large pistol.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  19. Rachgier

I have so much .40 brass laying around it should be criminal. Probably is in NY.

ajole and Rabidwookie like this.