What did you do in the reloading room today?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by talonted1990, May 12, 2015.

1. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

This year has not been very productive when it comes to ammunition production. Too many different things going on that continue to get in the way.

The shop extension needs to be wired, insulated and walls covered before anything else can be done. I feel helpless.

The old shop is back to being a catch-all and a staging area of sorts. I’m surrounded with gun parts and reloading supplies that need to be moved.

Having a leg that doesn’t want to participate is not helping.

fatal-bert33 and Rabidwookie like this.
  2. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Damn, i know what you mean, my formerly spacious garage/work area now looks like an episode of Hoarders......just haven’t had time to do anything about it.

undeRGRound likes this.

3. Fracman

Fracman Member

50 rounds of 6mm creedmoor with 105 gr Berger VLD bullets over some IMR 4350

undeRGRound likes this.
  4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Got to try out the Auto Drum. Very, very nice. Really consistent with HP38 and Accurate 2015, takes a little tap with TAC to be consistent, but it's VERY consistent, and much, MUCH faster than my old dip and weigh method. For a while, I was setting each piece of brass to zero on the scale, filling and weighing, just to see how well it would work. I really don't think I need to worry about it. I still need to verify how well it drops other powders, but I'm impressed.

Did 100 5.56 (50x40's with TAC and 50x55's with 2015) and 50 180 gr lead .40S&W with the HP38.

5. GoesBang

I bought 100 once fired Lapua 223 Remington brass for $50 today.
    IMG_1717.jpg

6. GoesBang

In the past couple of days:

Ordered 500 Hornady 55 gr FMJBT

500 10mm once fired brass
    500 45 ACP LPP brass

500 45 ACP 230 gr PC cast bullets
    IMG_1753.jpg

Quavodus and Rerun like this.
  7. GoesBang

A buddy came by and we did some horse trading.
    IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    I gave $50 for the Uniflow and stand. $10 for the full bottle of Trailboss. The ammunition was gifted.

He got +/- 250 pieces of nickel plated 45 ACP for $.07/each. We also did a future trade for the SBA3 brace (100 pieces of 6.5 Grendel brass).
    IMG_1757.jpg

Rabidwookie likes this.
  8. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Just got my bags of .32 Smith and Wesson Short and Long. I have Top Breaks that need to be shot.

9. I helped a few guys get into reloading primers. In part I drew up a new dxf file for a primer plate, as it's been 8 to 10 years since I did one and that one is likely on an old computer.

10. Quavodus

Quavodus Member

The last few days have loaded about 350 rds. .223. Waiting for my .308 die parts to come in from RCBS.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

FIL gave me his stash of reloading stuff. So far I've sorted out about 20,000 primers in lg and sm pistol and rifle. A few thousand 3006 and 338 bullets and a few bags of lead shot #4 and bags of shotgun wads. And a few pounds of powder don't recall off hand which. But he used it for the 338. No dies as he gave them away to his brother. Its going to stay in AZ till I fly back when my kids out for summer break. Jackpot.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'll go get them for you......;)

13. moona11

I dont know.. you might sell them for a pirate costume and a parrot. Or the lizard men might steal them for the war effort.

undeRGRound and lklawson like this.
  14. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

If Lizardmen steal the stuff, just remember "The Mole" sent them. But Rach knows where the Mole Hole entrance is. :rolleyes:

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm The Yeti, remember?

FlashBang likes this.
  16. moona11

They will not enjoy it

FlashBang likes this.
  17. GoesBang

Loaded 100 rounds of 357 Magnum.

Smile-N-Sunshine, moona11 and Rerun like this.
  18. welderman

welderman Member

Converted 20+ 243 cases into 6.5 Creedmoor cases, now my stash is big enough to suit me. Tomorrow I'm gonna be loading them up with some of my cast pills. Then I'll take them to the range Thursday. It's supposed to snow and/or rain till then. Also I need to get out in the back yard and cast about 500 9mm bullets.

undeRGRound and moona11 like this.
  19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Started to look at my reloading equipment and supplies. I'm not really using it anymore. Gotta make up a list of items I want to sell.

undeRGRound and perotter like this.
  20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm interested. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk