Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1389 Posts
54 Posts
Capture.JPG

If this helps, I use ammoguide.com fairly often, and it has a search-by-powder option. I think this particular feature is for members only but anyone can look at load recipes.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Mostly 300 BO, intend to do some .357 at some point, but this was 45 ACP.
Thought it should work with .45, but never saw it listed. Thank you for this

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
View attachment 70105

If this helps, I use ammoguide.com fairly often, and it has a search-by-powder option. I think this particular feature is for members only but anyone can look at load recipes.
Yup, these are the ones I usually find. Unfortunately, I don't load any of them. It looks similar to 2400 in range

Reactions: Smiles-N-Sunshine

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts

Here's one table I found

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Huh.
I thought everyone loaded .22 Tuason Craig Micromagnum. I learned something new today. :D
Used to, along with .697 Loudenboomer and .031 Beefarten, but it got to be too much to keep track of

Reactions: Smiles-N-Sunshine

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
The weather in southeast Arizona has been too wonderful to stay inside, so I've been pouring lead. View attachment 70225
Mind if I ask your source? I used to rely on wheel weights, which were often free, or plumbing and roofing lead. All are either gone or drying up fast

54 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,160 Posts
Mind if I ask your source? I used to rely on wheel weights, which were often free, or plumbing and roofing lead. All are either gone or drying up fast
I used to get wheel weights off of our 18 wheel trucks. They were free for the taking. Now wheels are no longer balanced. That dried up a decade ago. The local tire shops will sell wheel weights, but it's a crapshoot what you get. More and more zinc in them now. A 5 gallon bucket brings $20. Sometimes half are zinc, it's cheaper to buy bullets.

My only real source for lead today is my brother. He does renovations. He casts too, but he splits the lead with me. He did an old two story Walton style farmhouse not too long ago. Each window had 2 counter balances in it. They were about 2 inches in diameter and 10 inches long. My biggest score in a year or more.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Rotometals I know of, but you are correct about them being spendy. OTOH, they have what you need AND you know the alloy is right. Never thought of the graves in Tombstone....guess I could metal detect Gettysburg, but prison doesn't appeal to me that much

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Over on the castboolits site, someone scored a giant old sailboat keel or something, and was like "Okay, now what?"
I remember that! Enough lead to last you, me, greg and moonz for a lifetime! I really hated that guy for a while, then I started wondering how my little smelting operation could possibly ever melt all of that down. But I know I'd find a way or die trying!!

54 Posts
That's funny that you knew exactly what I was talking about! (It rarely happens, believe me.)

Yeah, that guy had one of those "good problems". I know I had enough trouble tryna cut up a "pig ingot", or whatever they're called, into 10lb-or-less pieces. I had left my jackhammer in my other pants, so I went with axe, sawz-all, jigsaw, bow saw, and a buttload of elbow grease. Maybe a buttload and a half.

Rotometals I've been patronizing for their tin mostly, but I've been enlightened to their Super Hard (70% lead/30% antimony) product, which has been dandy for upping the hardness of the lead I'd acquired from various places. BTW the ingots in my earlier pic were the results of taking the roughly 12 Brinell I usually cast with for non-magnum loads, up to 16 for rifle and magnum loads. (300 Blackout, 327 Fed, 357 Mag, 44 Mag, 454 Casull, and mouse fart loads in 308 Win.)

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Bought 2 lbs of LT-32 at Graf and Sons yesterday. Ordered some 303 British brass and a set of dies last night.

2K dirty 9mm showed up on the porch today.

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
Put 50 rounds of .308 together. 44.4 grains of V550 under 150 HPBT Nosler. Another 80 will be getting other bullets tomorrow.

Two days ago I sized and primed about 400 .40 brass, and sized and primed the 130 .308 shells. Used the new Lee Ergo Primer, works well.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
In anticipation of the 303 brass and dies, I bought some bullets today.

IMR 3031 or 4064 will suit me just fine when it all comes together.

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yesterday I reorganized and cleaned my reloading area, presses and my other work bench. Today I cleaned a few thousand each of 9mm, 5.7x28, 22TCM, and 30-06 shells in the sonic cleaner after I tumbled them (except the 5.7, you can't tumble those). Tomorrow after phys. therapy, I'll start trimming and culling.

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
Loaded 50 155 grain and 50 135 grain .40 S&W using IMR Target. Deprimed and sonic cleaned my last 140 .308 shells.

1321 - 1340 of 1389 Posts