Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1383 Posts
54 Posts
I melted 128# of scrap from RMR Bullets, and cast ingots. This lot from them was (by volume) about half of their usual "slugs" or whatever they're called in bullet swaging, and half was the fine wire you can see in the pic, all clumped up like a bird's nest. At first I was not liking the bird's nest thing, but then I noticed that when I added one to the melter, it cooled the pot enough that the slugs didn't splash at all.

The hand-written thank you notes are a plus also.

IMG_20210130_153745349_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I think that I have everything I need to reload for the 303 British Jungle Carbine. I’ve got 100 pieces of PPU brass now, 83 pieces of mixed headstamp coming any day and another 72 pieces of mixed (mostly R-P) ordered last night.

Picked up a new Little Crow Gunworks 22-250 trimmer for a pretty reasonable price.

Trying to buy some 10’ sections of bowling lane for reloading bench tops.

It’s too damn cold in the shop to do anything.

2,000 223/5.56 need depriming.
2,000 9mm need depriming.
24 pounds of 45 ACP need depriming.
500 pieces of nickel plated 357 magnum need depriming.
1,000 nickel plated 223 need depriming.

Plenty of already primed and/or ready to load brass is being ignored.

Reactions: Smiles-N-Sunshine

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Loaded 150 rounds of .308. 50 150 grain SP, 50 155 grain HPBT, and 50 130 grain HPFB.

The Lee Auto drum is nice. Very consistent.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
As much as I don’t like Amazon, they had the best price on an RCBS 303 British neck die. Of course I won’t need it until after I start shooting the gun.

Graf and Sons has new PPU brass. I think that I will buy a couple of bags.

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
I didn't do anything either, but I was told the basement in Texas will have a space cleared out for me to build a new one...

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I'm low on .380 and low-life sellers are charging $3/rd so it's time to reload.
After moving here I never unpacked my Dillon reloading press as I have thousands of 9mm and 40 S&W reloads.
Set up the press this morning along with the Lee Bulge Buster.
Just ordered from Dillon: Caliber conversion kit, Quick change assembly and .380 die set.
Also just ordered bullets and brass. I'm good on powder and primers.

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
A9308B6C-CD94-4A53-B62F-EDF5F5D5C3EC.jpeg
Reorganized some more. Got the new extra drums in for the Lee Auto Drum, and rolled in a free pegboard end cap unit from a Dollar store that's remodeling.
Fastened the three AR holders to it, and now I see I need more, because that is a slick way to mount them.

54 Posts
View attachment 70961 Reorganized some more. Got the new extra drums in for the Lee Auto Drum, and rolled in a free pegboard end cap unit from a Dollar store that's remodeling.
Fastened the three AR holders to it, and now I see I need more, because that is a slick way to mount them.
Nice setup! I've been trying out pegboards a little. What are you using for "AR holders"?

54 Posts
I'm low on .380 and low-life sellers are charging $3/rd so it's time to reload.
After moving here I never unpacked my Dillon reloading press as I have thousands of 9mm and 40 S&W reloads.
Set up the press this morning along with the Lee Bulge Buster.
Just ordered from Dillon: Caliber conversion kit, Quick change assembly and .380 die set.
Also just ordered bullets and brass. I'm good on powder and primers.
I'm right there with you on the .380, though I have brass and bullets in hand and never enough primers. (By "good on powder and primers" I assume you ordered them by the pallet in The Before Times.)

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I'm right there with you on the .380, though I have brass and bullets in hand and never enough primers. (By "good on powder and primers" I assume you ordered them by the pallet in The Before Times.)
I have over 3k primers and 2 lbs of powder all from "Before Times".
I don't have, but did order the .380 dies and Dillon .380 conversion parts.
Also ordered the brass and bullets.
All the above for my summertime EDC Bersa Thunder.
THIS - after seeing .380 ammo for $3/rd. Ridiculous!!!

Thinking about getting a Hi-Point 3895.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
I have over 3k primers and 2 lbs of powder all from "Before Times".
I don't have, but did order the .380 dies and Dillon .380 conversion parts.
Also ordered the brass and bullets.
All the above for my summertime EDC Bersa Thunder.
THIS - after seeing .380 ammo for $3/rd. Ridiculous!!!

Thinking about getting a Hi-Point 3895.
I have 3K primers and I am watching my range time because I consider that a low number! Plenty of brass bullets and powder though.

and you should jump on the 3895. It's a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I have 3K primers and I am watching my range time because I consider that a low number! Plenty of brass bullets and powder though.

and you should jump on the 3895. It's a lot of fun.
I have thousands of rds for both the 9mm and 40 S&W loaded.
But all I have for the .380 is 200 rds of store bought defensive ammo.
Ordered the .380 reloading essentials for my Dillon press.
Searched for the 3895 none available but one will eventually show up on Gunbrokers.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Well stocked with 223, 308, and 9mm. Adequately stocked with 12 gauge. These are my "go to" cartridges. 22 Hornet, 30-30 Winchester 38 Special and 20 gauge were my favorite cartridges for a long time, really still are. Adequately stocked with those. Also adequately stocked with 45 acp. I only have 25 to 100 cartridges loaded for my other firearms, but I don’t shoot them too much either.

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
Nice setup! I've been trying out pegboards a little. What are you using for "AR holders"?
They're 3D printed units off EBay. I forget who sold it, but I ordered 3 more from "sandsprints", search for AR mounts. There are other kinds that mount the rifle horizontally, or flat to the wall, with a mag or two on the mount.

1341 - 1360 of 1383 Posts