Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1361 - 1380 of 1410 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Been picking up gadgets and components here and there off MeWe and the occasional private message from past sources.

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

image_06209871-BE2C-436E-B520-274F1D46480E.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

image_37E594D2-1AE4-47F6-A5EA-E1BC1D0A6568.jpg

More than what's shown, but that's the gist of it.

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Just unpacked and put on the shelf 300 Hornady 120 grain .308’s for the 300BO, and 100 178 grain Hornady ELD .308 for the 30-06 bolt gun, then ordered 300 Nosler 77 grain .224 blems at $27/100.
I’ve bought a lot of the blems. Still haven’t found any blemishes, and Nosler makes consistent weight bullets.

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
I have used thousands of the Nosler Blems over the years. I did find in some 6.5mm bullets a few fly specs is all. But only on perhaps 5 out of the same box. They hurt nothing.
I like Nosler bullets because they are consistent on weight as you stated.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
New jaws for the Co-Ax.
IMG_2713.jpg

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Deprimed 50 of the 500 nickel .38 Special shells I forgot I had ordered.
Finally have a place to put those wadcutters I've got sitting under the bench. About a dime each. Basically a lifetime supply, since I have one 5 shot revolver in my entire "arsenal".
Capital Cartridge dot Com

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Friday was good. A guy that I recently met at the range came by to do some trading. This is what I got out of the trade.
IMG_2724.jpg

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Nice! Do you still have both arms? Give up any kids?:D

I deprimed and cleaned the rest of the 38 brass, then loaded 110 rounds, 30 LRN and 80 wadcutters. Used the whack a mole Lee Loader, except that I primed with the Lee Ergo primer, because...it’s easy. Turned it into a production line process. Hammer the shells into the sizer, knock them out and expand them all. Then prime them all. Then use the dipper and a funnel to fill them all. Then use the Loader to seat and crimp the bullets.
Easy Peasy.

Also put 10 6.5CM 120 grains together using the last of the RL15.
That was easier.

Reactions: GrumpyOlMan

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
The guy knew that I had some new Starline 38 Super brass that I will probably never get to use for my self. He also needed 10mm brass. His grandson also wanted 50 pieces of 270 Winchester.

We both got what we needed/wanted and plan on doing some more bartering. (He claims to have a lot more SRP)

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I’ve been selling die sets on MeWe. Stuff that I no longer have a need for.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Did some 9mm this week. Just lead bullets, gonna use them up first and keep my fmj bullets for now. Reloading is still more of a hobby at this point but learning for future at same time.

Reloading supplies right now are above prices of what I would get a complete cartridge for 9mm wise... primers $0.25 each (if you can find any) for what use to be a $0.19 round is ridiculous... so reloading sparingly because unlike others here I haven't been into this as long and have a good stockpile of supplies.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Making a up a batch of a sensitizing chemical to be used for making non-corrsive primers. Should be enough for around 5700 primers, give or take. But may use some of it for some experiments.

Price per thousand for a cat primer will be less than $4.50 per thousand. Which is what I plan to do. Could go a different route and save a buck or two per thousand, buy why pinch peney's when you're having fun and I've never done a cat primer yet.

·
Premium Member
9,337 Posts
Straightened up my LeeTurret Press bench and my Hornady Iron bench. Dismantled my Spartan bench and my Pacific bench.

Ordered an Inline Fabrication Quick Change top plate and base plates for my Lyman and Pacific presses. Going to change up my RCBS bench to where I can use whichever press I need at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I have been tumbling batches of brass so I can at least get them deprimed, and possibly resized.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I had a variety of cleaned cases sitting on a wire rack in the shop. A couple of the containers did not have a lid. Damn mouse pissed on some of the brass. Retumbled them and ended up with some in the scrap bin. A few were 45-70.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I had a variety of cleaned cases sitting on a wire rack in the shop. A couple of the containers did not have a lid. Damn mouse pissed on some of the brass.
You know what you need, right?

A mouse gun. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Put the new box of 500 147 grain FMJ 9mm bullets on the shelf. Looks like RMR bullets, has that same color, but wasn’t labeled that way. $50 after taxes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Decided to try my hand at powder coating, the first batch .....well, not good! I think that's cause I got the bright idea to add some Molybdenum Di Sulfide to the powder coat. Moly is so slippery that I was having issues getting the powder to stick. I'll figure it out.

·
Premium Member
9,337 Posts
Stuck a 223 case in a sizing die. Discovered a new use for the Hornady Lock N Load bushing. Screwed the die into the bushing upside down and locked it into the Hornady Iron press. Had the case tapped and removed from the die in less than 10 minutes. Worked like a charm and much easier than trying to screw the die into the press from the bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,337 Posts
The Lyman Brass Smith stuff in coming back in stock. My Ideal press showed up last week and I opened the box this morning. I like it. My credit card was charged for the All American 8 Turret press last Thursday. It should be here next week.

I ordered these presses back last fall. They were on back order. I thought I paid a premium for them then at $84 and $221, IIRC. Christmas of 2019 they were around $75 and $170 respectively. Today they are asking $100 and $314.

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Put another 200 68 grain BTHP .224 boolits in the shelf. $22/100.
I might need to go shoot some of my 55’s so I can load some heavier stuff.
I’m waiting on a thousand 9 mm, 6.8 cents each, 1000 40’s at 4.4 cents, and 200 10 mm nickel finished cases, 20 cents each, to show up, tracking says Monday.

1361 - 1380 of 1410 Posts