Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1402 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Put another 200 68 grain BTHP .224 boolits in the shelf. $22/100.
I might need to go shoot some of my 55’s so I can load some heavier stuff.
I’m waiting on a thousand 9 mm, 6.8 cents each, 1000 40’s at 4.4 cents, and 200 10 mm nickel finished cases, 20 cents each, to show up, tracking says Monday.
If you ever need 40 S&W nickel cases again in the future, drop me a message. I’ve got way more than I need.

Reactions: moona11 and ajole

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Well, all that brass got here. Tumbled the 9 mm in three batches, the .40 will start tomorrow.

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Well, all that brass got here. Tumbled the 9 mm in three batches, the .40 will start tomorrow.
All of my current stash of 40 S&W brass is deprimed, resized and wet tumbled clean. Ready to load. Probably about 3,000 cases. I’m not going to count them. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
I actually broke my Lee Reloader last night.
Decapping and sizing 9 mm, of all things.
:(

What's the turnaround on the replacement part?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
:(

What's the turnaround on the replacement part?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Well...I emailed them last night, got a reply today, but had a little struggle with the system.

What they do is send you a link to the part, you put it in your cart, they automatically zero the price, and you pay the shipping, and tax. About $13.50 for the $25 part.
But for some reason I kept getting an error message about my state and the tax and a nexus, blah blah blah.

So I tried again, but added an item, thinking maybe the zero price was causing issues with the tax. Same result.

So I emailed them again, and told them what was up. At first they thought it was because I added something, but I told them no, that was my second try.

Next email I got was telling me it's being shipped to my address, no cost, no shipping. Should be here within a week.

So in the end...awesome CS, fast turn around. I made sure to lavish them with praise and told them I'd be a fanboi on gun sites about the CS.

Then I went and spent $160 on a Lee 4 hole turret press that should get delivered next week. Sorry Greg, it's the cast aluminum one.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Well...I emailed them last night, got a reply today, but had a little struggle with the system.

What they do is send you a link to the part, you put it in your cart, they automatically zero the price, and you pay the shipping, and tax. About $13.50 for the $25 part.
But for some reason I kept getting an error message about my state and the tax and a nexus, blah blah blah.

So I tried again, but added an item, thinking maybe the zero price was causing issues with the tax. Same result.

So I emailed them again, and told them what was up. At first they thought it was because I added something, but I told them no, that was my second try.

Next email I got was telling me it's being shipped to my address, no cost, no shipping. Should be here within a week.

So in the end...awesome CS, fast turn around. I made sure to lavish them with praise and told them I'd be a fanboi on gun sites about the CS.

Then I went and spent $160 on a Lee 4 hole turret press that should get delivered next week. Sorry Greg, it's the cast aluminum one.
Oooh....sorry you broke your press. You know I am a fan of the Lee Reloader press. I finally got around to assembling my Lyman Ideal cast iron C style press last night. It will be a suitable replacement I think.

Lee customer service is great. I have only had one bad (but funny) experience with them. When I was having my 17 HMR Handi Rifle barrel re-chambered to 17 Hornet, I emailed Lee to inquire if their dies were the Ackley version or the Hornady version as I wanted to make sure I had the barrel reamed correctly. The emailed response did not answer the question so I called them. The CS rep basically chided me and let me know that all their dies were cut to SAAMI specs. I responded "Really? My 30-30 Ackley Improved dies are standard production Lee Precision and the 30-30 AI is not a SAAMI cartridge." I was met with silence...priceless! I still do not know if the Lee 17 Hornet dies or Ackley or Hornady (I assume Hornady, but since assuming is a bad thing, especially in reloading) I went with the more expensive RCBS Ackley Hornet dies.

Nothing wrong with the Lee Value turret press, I just don’t like it. BTW, It is steel except for the tool head which is aluminum. My beef with the Value turret press is that it doesn’t have its own dedicated base. It uses the base from the Pro 4000 press. This puts the ram offset to the right. Advantage is it gives more hand clearance. Disadvantage is it makes the right side of the press too busy, the handle strikes the primer tray if you use it and it’s awkward to use your right hand just to pull the handle while using your left hand to do everything else. I find myself removing my right hand to seat the primers with the safety prime tool. The ram is also sub-standard at 7/8" (by today’s standards) but I see no real issue with this as most of my older presses have 7/8" rams and I have had no problems with them. Also make sure your reloading bench is clear under where you mount the press. The primer drop tube attaches to the rear of the ram. If your bench has a 2x6 or 2x4 vertically lined up with the bench top edge, as most do, you will have to relieve it so the drop tube will clear.

Reactions: ajole and lklawson

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
@ajole , check out this primer catcher tray for the Lee Reloader. If I still had mine I would set one of these!

And checkout the zip tie case ejector! Pretty neat!

Reactions: ajole and lklawson

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Well, I could not wait any longer. I set up my Lyman Ideal press on the old Harbor Freight workbench stand that used to house my Lee Reloader press. Resized and deprimed and flaired 40 38 special cases. Time for bed now, but I will prime, charge, and seat bullets tomorrow night.

Initial impressions? I like this press. Like it a lot.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Well, I could not wait any longer. I set up my Lyman Ideal press on the old Harbor Freight workbench stand that used to house my Lee Reloader press. Resized and deprimed and flaired 40 38 special cases. Time for bed now, but I will prime, charge, and seat bullets tomorrow night.

Initial impressions? I like this press. Like it a lot.
Primed on press using the RCBS Ram Prime, charged the cases using the Lyman Brass Smith Powder Measure. Impressed by the powder measure, a couple of throws to settle in and it threw extremely consistent charges of Alliant Unique. Used my old steel RCBS dies to seat 158 grain cast SWC,

Overall I am very impressed with the Lyman Brass Smith Ideal press, along with the powder measure and beam scale. I have noted before that I miss the Lee a Reloader C press. This Lyman press is a worthy upgrade!

·
BoolitMaster
201 Posts
Refurbed my old Lyman Orange Crusher press I bought back in the mid. 80s Everything just needed taking apart and removing the old dried up grease and a new coat of pain, I think it turned out pretty decent. I don't use it as much as I used to since I bought my Lee Classic Cast Turret press last year but it's still a great press to have around for certain things.

IMG_00020.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
Primed and prepped a new batch of W-W 45-70 brass.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Put the new turret press on a plate, and found out the rascals don’t include the primer catcher fitting and tube that every picture shows.
Without them the little plastic doohickey that locks them in will get chewed up, so I have to take the press apart to remove it, or wait until the parts I ordered come in. Cheap parts at least, but sheesh...seems like they should come with the press.

Reactions: GoesBang

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Put the new turret press on a plate, and found out the rascals don’t include the primer catcher fitting and tube that every picture shows.
Without them the little plastic doohickey that locks them in will get chewed up, so I have to take the press apart to remove it, or wait until the parts I ordered come in. Cheap parts at least, but sheesh...seems like they should come with the press.
Did you call Lee? The primer catch tube comes with the press???

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
I got this stuff today. And another ammo can of various powders that I forgot to take a pic of. Lots of primers of various types. Boxes of bullets 338, 308, 357/38, lead for shot guns. More powder, 22mag, 357 brass loaded and not, same with 38. Several sets of dies and more stuff. Free!!

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Did you call Lee? The primer catch tube comes with the press???
Actually went to their site, it was free, but the freaking “nexus” thing came up again so I couldn’t pay shipping. In the end, I ordered the parts plus another plate and spent essentially the same price as at Lee. Coming from FS Reloading in southern Utah, shipped today.

1381 - 1400 of 1402 Posts