Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1401 - 1410 of 1410 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,437 Posts
My Inline Fabrication Ultramount riser and top plates came in. Bought a 4" quick change riser and set it up on my Lee bench with a dedicated top plate for the Lee Classic Cast Turret press. Improved that bench considerably.

Took the quick change base plate, along with the quick change top plates for the RCBS Jr and Lyman All American 8 to the second house and converted the 9 3/4" riser there with the quick change base plate. Now I can easily switch between the RCBS and Lyman press.

Loaded up some 7.62x54R on the All American 8. Initial impressions? I like the press! I have wanted a Redding T7 for a while, just did not see paying the Redding price. The RCBS turret was my second choice, but I found it to be lacking. The Lyman All American 8 interested me from its release, but I procrastinated and did not get it for the $170 or so that they were selling for. I paid about $40 more. Today at my foraging place the Lyman is selling for $314, and the Redding is $370. So I am not too bummed.

I was worried that the priming system on the All American 8 would suck, mostly because the reviews on the press said the priming system .... sucked. But it actually worked fine. Pretty sure that Lyman modified it, as mine came with a plastic weighted rod that slides down the primer tube to add just a bit of weight. Anyways, it worked perfectly on the 50 rounds I loaded up. Another complaint is that the spent primers often miss the collection cup and end up on the floor. Again, not a problem for me with the few rounds I loaded. (I am sort of used to spent primers on the floor, as my RCBS Jr press probably drops 2 or 3 out of 10. Watch some of the videos on the All American 8 and you will notice that the dropped primers seem to correlate with short-stroking the press). Again, initial impressions are I like the press, like it a lot, and wish I would have bought it sooner.

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
28,601 Posts
Actually went to their site, it was free, but the freaking “nexus” thing came up again so I couldn’t pay shipping. In the end, I ordered the parts plus another plate and spent essentially the same price as at Lee. Coming from FS Reloading in southern Utah, shipped today.
I use FS Reloading a lot and have had good experiences.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Got the Hornady 11th edition from Titan Reloading last week, a new MEC single stage shotshell press, been depriming 223/5.56, 300 BLK and 9mm.
Microphone Cone Font Gas Advertising

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
I set up my rcbs powder charger but i need a 45 acp shell holder for my press , and i need a 45acp shellholder for my hornady hand primer.
You will need a Hornady branded shell holder on the hand primer. The holes are larger than other brands.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Got tired of depriming brass so I decided to load up some of my brass that I had primed from an earlier session. 380, 9mm and 5.56.

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
After setting up the new Loadmaster, I got some 9mm done. Didn’t even count how many.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
The 5744 was high dollar shit. 4 lbs of powder that I didn’t absolutely had to have.

Hand Liquid Bottle Camera accessory Writing instrument accessory

·
Aim small, miss small
94 Posts
Cleaning, depriming, resizing and trimed 600 pcs of 30 carbine brass. Waiting on crimp die now & trying to find at least 1lb of H110/W296 or Lil Gun to feed my (new to me 1943/1944) Quality Hardware/Rockola M1 carbine.:):):)

1401 - 1410 of 1410 Posts