Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1463 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,963 Posts
My LGS is getting primers in sporadically in small batches. She is also selling them in small batches. 100 primers for $6 or $7. Maximum purchase amount of 200 primers per visit. This week it was 209 primers. I am seeing mostly Remington primers.

·
What the Hell was that?
771 Posts
Primer update. Bass pro in Ft Myers had some large pistol and small rifle primers today. Managed to get 5 pks small rifle @$13 ea. Those i can use, but didn’t need the large pistols. Still would like to find some small regular and magnums tho. Had a friend that used to use small rifle primers in his .38’s & 357’s, but I can’t remember how well that worked. None of them ever blew up on him, so i guess that’s a plus. Lol

·
Banned
7,114 Posts
Primer update. Bass pro in Ft Myers had some large pistol and small rifle primers today. Managed to get 5 pks small rifle @$13 ea. Those i can use, but didn’t need the large pistols. Still would like to find some small regular and magnums tho. Had a friend that used to use small rifle primers in his .38’s & 357’s, but I can’t remember how well that worked. None of them ever blew up on him, so i guess that’s a plus. Lol
Targetsports has primers. Many sold out today.Cases of 5000 only with FREE Shipping including the Hazmat it seems. Going, going, about gone. $599.00 per 5000 for many sizes.

·
What the Hell was that?
771 Posts

·
Banned
7,114 Posts
Damn, I didn’t even think of them. Heard of them, but never dealt with them before. Thanks, I’ll check into them.
Those cases are selling really fast. Large rifle are gone. Bet all small rifle and all pistol sizes gone by morning.
I suspect many buyers are splitting with friends/family. OR, selling locally to a few guys.

·
What the Hell was that?
771 Posts
Those cases are selling really fast. Large rifle are gone. Bet all small rifle and all pistol sizes gone by morning.
I suspect many buyers are splitting with friends/family. OR, selling locally to a few guys.
Wouldn’t be surprised, at those prices. A bit steep for me, but i put a call out to a couple of friends here in town, and maybe we can swing something.

·
Banned
7,114 Posts
Wouldn’t be surprised, at those prices. A bit steep for me, but i put a call out to a couple of friends here in town, and maybe we can swing something.
I do think others buying are doing the same thing. Splitting them up. Small quantities are selling more per box than these
are more locally from what I read on here and other gun forums.

·
What the Hell was that?
771 Posts
I do think others buying are doing the same thing. Splitting them up. Small quantities are selling more per box than these
are more locally from what I read on here and other gun forums.
Damn. Gotta love profiteers. Hell 1/2 of them probably don’t reload. Just buying to double the average price, and resell. Saw alot of that with ammo, down our way the last year or so. People were cleaning out bass pro (and everywhere else) and selling $20 50rd boxes of 9mm gor $60 and $15 20rd boxes of 5.56 for $35-40.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Damn. Gotta love profiteers. Hell 1/2 of them probably don’t reload. Just buying to double the average price, and resell. Saw alot of that with ammo, down our way the last year or so. People were cleaning out bass pro (and everywhere else) and selling $20 50rd boxes of 9mm gor $60 and $15 20rd boxes of 5.56 for $35-40.
Walmart employees were doing the same thing during the 22s shortage. I knew one lady that ended up with 100 thousand rds of 22. She didn't own any guns. She was just being a twat. Trying to cash in. She didn't sell any of it because she jacked it up so high. When she passed away her daughter gave it all to me. I snowblow her drive way in the winter

·
What the Hell was that?
771 Posts
Walmart employees were doing the same thing during the 22s shortage. I knew one lady that ended up with 100 thousand rds of 22. She didn't own any guns. She was just being a twat. Trying to cash in. She didn't sell any of it because she jacked it up so high. When she passed away her daughter gave it all to me. I snowblow her drive way in the winter
Nice! I’ll bet that lady was rolling over in her grave, knowing that it was just given away. Lmao

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Showed my SIL how to reload. He’s had everything for so long, the dies all rusted to death in a conex in Texas. Two powered powder drops, A Redding T-7 press, Redding dies for about 5 things including .225 Winchester. He’s got no idea why, on that one.

I gave him dies, a pound of powder and components to make 100 30-06 shells last year, so this year, we got it going.
And today he made his first 30 shells. Completely like.....well crap, that was easy. Why’d I wait so long?

He also bought a Riton 6-24x50 scope for his BLR....for hunting.
I tried to talk him into the 3-9, but he’s a “more is better“ guy. At $229, it was a deal. He had a Leupold 3-9, but he never liked it.
So at some point, we need to get him sighted in. Should be fun.

Then, to add to the fun, we put his AR lower together. Again, he’s had the parts for 4-5 years. Rock River Lower, CMMG LPK. I showed him the stuff he needed to buy for the buttstock parts, we’ll see if he gets to it before next Christmas.

Kids....🤪

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I've got an interesting one right now. My brother called and asked if I could do .243 - which I can. He said he's tried all the commercial ammo he can get, but nothing groups, so could L see what I can do. He dropped the rifle off - a Model 70 - and I checked the mounts and made sure the gun was clean. (I knew it was a waste of time as he takes good care of his guns, but you start with the basics) Now I'm going through the componants I have wondering where to start. So, realizing every gun is different, who has experience with this caliber? I'm thinking start with RL22 and W760 - maybe 3031 - and 100 grain Sierra boat tails. Federal match primers, maybe magnums in the 760. I have Hornady and Winchester brass. Size and trim and clean primer pockets to eliminate as many variables as possible. Any sugggestions for powder would helpful.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Nice! I’ll bet that lady was rolling over in her grave, knowing that it was just given away. Lmao
She was one of those I'm gonna get rich off of other people's misery type people. Her kids even stayed away from her.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Sounds like a real peach. Can’t blame the kids for avoiding her.
Its kinda sad. I remember her as such a kind lady when we were kids. Then she went all born again and conspiracy crap.

1421 - 1440 of 1463 Posts