Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1501 - 1517 of 1517 Posts

·
What the Hell was that?
826 Posts
Got tracking info on the primer order and took delivery of some new carbide dies. Got the old Midway Model 1292 death by fire trap cleaned up and ready to run brass with fresh walnut, rice, jewelers rouge, and used dryer sheets. It's actually the replacement for the limited edition flambé model.

View attachment 76587
View attachment 76588
Wait, RICE? Haven’t heard about that one. How well does it work and how much do you use?

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Wait, RICE? Haven’t heard about that one. How well does it work and how much do you use?
It's abrasive, doesn't get stuck in flash holes, and works awesome for first run cleaning. It has to be absolutely dry though. No liquid make it shiny additives or it starts to clump. I mix a 1lb bag of white rice in with 5lbs of walnut.

I run straight corn lizard bedding for my finish tumbler with NuFinish.

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Hell yeah. Old dining room table works too. Just throw a sammich on there somewhere.:ROFLMAO:
I had just finished dinner and moved my plate. It's a lift-top table too, so I could be deep in the recliner and reload if I was feeling lazy.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
What the Hell was that?
826 Posts
It's abrasive, doesn't get stuck in flash holes, and works awesome for first run cleaning. It has to be absolutely dry though. No liquid make it shiny additives or it starts to clump. I mix a 1lb bag of white rice in with 5lbs of walnut.

I run straight corn lizard bedding for my finish tumbler with NuFinish.
That’s a good idea. I gotta try that.

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Ordered 500 Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT's from Sage's and found 120 pieces of dirty .223 brass so I made it shiny, deprimed it, then went to chuck it in the bin with the other .223 brass and noticed that the bin is already prepped, primed, and ready to load. Guess I'll get those 500 rounds done sooner rather than later.

Wood Cuisine Gesture Ingredient Dish

Reactions: moona11

·
Administrator
29,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts

·
Administrator
29,328 Posts
Shopping for three new CC's to add to the rotation. A pocket .380, micro 9, and a (sub)compact type 1911 in .45. Just looking for now. I'll buy next year after the move.
I've been giving serious consideration to changing my pocket 380 from the Taurus 738 TCP to the Ruger LCP MAX.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
I've been giving serious consideration to changing my pocket 380 from the Taurus 738 TCP to the Ruger LCP MAX.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The LCP Max and G42 are the only 380's on my list, with a heavy lean towards the Ruger. I like the LCP, I push the LCP to my female friends looking for a quality handgun to CC especially if they want to carry while dressed to the 9's because of it's compact size.

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Free gift... guess I'll see if I like it. I'm more of a, save the tray the ammo came in kind of person.
Blue Electric blue Electronic device Office supplies Font

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
I feel like I have so much shit to catch up on after 2 years and I haven't even broken out the turret press yet!

If you ever needed to know what size o-rings keep the tubes in place on the Frankford Arsenal and Hornady manual powder tricklers, they're 5/16 × 7/16. The wingnuts on a Midway Model 1292 tumbler are 1/4 × 20 coarse. 🤦‍♂️

Product Paint Drinkware Material property Drink

Oh yeah, and I bought some powder for $40...

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
A buddy of mine hit me up and asked if I could use 172 pieces of 204 Ruger brass. I had given him a few hundred 308 range brass a couple of years ago. He said that we would be square. I was given the 308 brass anyway. Somehow we got on the topic of primers. He had been using LRP to load in his 45 Colt. I almost screamed at him to STOP! Asked how many LRP he had. Enough to trade for a brick of LPP. He came by the next day and visited for a short while and we traded.
Rectangle Wood Font Cosmetics Publication

1501 - 1517 of 1517 Posts