Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny you ask.. I added one of Bills wide mag release buttons after baking on some flat black molybendddd....
much easier to use...... 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool!

I'm thinking about using it on my 995's receiver cover, Bushman trigger and charging handle, but I'm leary about using it over a blued finish. I want a very smooth, semi-gloss black finish.

Any thoughts or experiences you can share?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool!

I'm thinking about using it on my 995's receiver cover, Bushman trigger and charging handle, but I'm leary about using it over a blued finish. I want a very smooth, semi-gloss black finish.

Any thoughts or experiences you can share?
I used the Norells over a blued receiver (below) and it came out great, It made it much darker black and smoother as well. I was thinking about putting a coat over my 995 receiver also since the bluing is light and the metal is rough. I have used it on the hex bolts, bushman trigger and fabricated receiver cover plate so far.

·
Registered
586 Posts
is that half an ATI stock you have there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is that half an ATI stock you have there?
It's a full ATI stock but I cut out a pocket to keep half of the original barrel shroud cause I like how it looks, THe receiver cover plate was chipped so I made one out of 22gauge sheet metal from home depot.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
WOW, that looks REALLY nice. Great job!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finally finished installing my ATI stock ( Was not a drop in install had to do a lot of sanding and filing )
yeah, the ATI stock install is a 1 hour job to do it right and gradually open the holes until the hex bolts go thru snugly. Mine was off about 1/4 innch in the front bolt, back one went straight in. Otherwise I had no problems but I see many end up sanding and grinding down the front stock cover. Feels good when it's done though ^-^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AKM. How did you paint just the writing on the side of the receiver cover (red)?
You just take a red grease pencil availble in most hobby/craft stores and scrible over the area in all directions, then take a clean rage and wipe back and forth over the whole surface until the raise portions are clean...looks pretty good when you're done. :cool2:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Left it in the safe. Got a new front sight for it from MKS supply today though. I think I'll go get it out . 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Left it in the safe. Got a new front sight for it from MKS supply today though. I think I'll go get it out . 8)
Which front sight did you get? Any advantages over the stock front sight?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.