What did you shoot today?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Kiln, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

I have one of these and I feel like it's adequate at best. It'll do what it needs to do, but I have several other pistols that are more accurate. Or at least that i have better groups with. I am not real keen on the fixed sights either. But I got it with 3 mags, brand new for two-fiddy, so I couldn't really complain. I do need more range time with it. I also like that they are the same mags as the g2, which is what my man carries, so in a shtf situation we can share mags.

Hipointer, undeRGRound, Rerun and 3 others like this.
  2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Cleaned the M1 carbine this morning, found the gas piston nut was not tight, I could screw it out with my fingers. I took it out, cleaned everything, and put it back in and gently tapped the nut tight using a small hammer and punch. Hopefully that'll fix the ejection problems. Ought to get the tool if the price is right.

HA! Just ordered the wrench from SARCO for $13.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    SWAGA and undeRGRound like this.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Noice, I think I'm interested in that G3, all I hear is good stuff from my mates here and the price can't be beat for a non-pot metal slide firearm with a double stack mag...

Hipointer likes this.
  4. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

I do like the double stack mag. And it does feel good in the hand, I like the grips. Not a bad looking pistol especially what I paid, but man, the fixed sights.....

undeRGRound likes this.
  5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    But are they replaceable?

6. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I'll be taking my French MAS 36/51 to the range today to clean the cobwebs out of the barrel. The rifle is equipped with a grenade launcher but alas, I don't own any rifle grenades.

Dagwood likes this.
  7. welderman

welderman Member

I finally took my two rifles with new cheek pads to the range yesterday. 30-06 and 6.5 CM. I expected the 6.5 to need re-zeroing and the '06 to be dead on. I had it backwards, apparently the '06 got bumped good at some point, the CM was dead on and the '06 wasn't even on paper. So it's back to bore sight the 30-06 and get it zeroed again. I have a good reason to go back. :)

Sorry wrong deneral discussion, Mods please move this to the general firearms discussion. :yikes:

8. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I don't know why I do it, but I put 100 rounds through my CZ 27. It's a fun little gun to shoot but I hate cleaning it because reassembly never goes smoothly. Once completed I always think I should sell it so I'm not tempted to shoot it again.

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Assemble and disassemble it several times till you get it down. Its a pain but you will not regret it the next time you clean it.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Shot several ARs and .22’s, including the new Model 60...it’s dead nuts on. The 10/22 take down is still accurate with the SeeAll sight.
    Got the SIL zeroed with an A2 rail mounted sight on an AR. He’s not sure he likes it, but he’s used to scopes. I told him the peep isn’t for shooting eyeballs, it’s for shooting torsos fast at 50-300 yards. His son has an AR 9 with a Sightmark brand Eotech looking unit that the other grandpa built, he likes that red dot, I told him it’d work on his AR too. The BCA barrel with the 3x Nikon P223 is still ridiculously accurate, as is the BCA barrel with the PA 2.5x prism ACSS.

We also shot a CZ RAMI, a slightly built up Canik with a Vortex red dot, and several other 9 mm pistols. Used his dad’s ammo, so I didn’t feel too bad. The CZ is a good shooter (duh), and the Canik is pretty darned good too. My RP 9, the G22 conversion and the CZ75 rang 6” steel at 20 yards no problems, but that red dot on the Canik made it easier.

Dagwood, fatal-bert33 and moona11 like this.
  11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Love my Canik, trigger is butter smooth. I haven't shot it in a while, the indoor range I go to has been closed for remodeling since August (expected to open in next 2 weeks) and I usually shoot rifles at the outdoor range. Never thought about putting a red dot on it, will have to look at that.

moona11 likes this.
  12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

What did I shoot today... Nuthin.. not a damn thing! I used to wonder how my friend could purchase so many guns and never shoot them. He had guns brand new in the box that had never had a shot fired through them. I thought, what's the point. I don't ever see me doing that. Well, guess what.. The last 4 that I have purchased are still sitting in the safe. I've cleaned them all and function checked them, but I have no idea if they will even be reliable shooters. The time to find out if a gun is reliable or gonna be Jammaster J is not in the heat of a situation. I just am trying to conserve ammo. I guess I should at least go shoot a mag thru each one. Yeah, yeah... that'll be my reason. "I have got to get my groove back!".

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    SWAGA and fatal-bert33 like this.
  13. moona11

20170918_175000.jpg 20170918_174923.jpg

fatal-bert33 and Dubar like this.
  14. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I shot a few rounds through my Mosin Nagant M44 today. The rifle is much more accurate than I can be shooting offhand. It's easy and fun to shoot and the muzzle flash usually gets some attention.

P1000446.jpg

Dubar, SWAGA and adam01364 like this.
  15. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I finally went shooting today! Took my new to me Warsport 10.5" AR and put one flawless mag down range just to function check. Also put 2 mags of 308 down range of Tula steel case and PPU brass with my new to me Diamond back AR10. Perfect. Then a mag of 10mm with my G29, and 5rds of .38spl with my new to me Rossi revolver. Also perfect.
    All in all, a quick, fun and relaxing trip to the blm. I definitely needed that. Sadly it'll take me longer to clean them than it did to shoot them. Haha

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  16. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Man Dew cans at 5 yards with the 22 Short NAA Revolver. Hit most of them too! (Believe me, it’s easy to miss with that thing, even at 5 yards.)

Dagwood likes this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I was thinking of having mine as an Antiochastan carry pistol. It is a PITA to draw from the driver seat OWB. Nothing fast about that+ even removing the shortest mag release button just to the nub I eject the mag just sitting in the car. Haven't shot it yet. I need to load several up in anticipation of my next short day at work. The range is 5 minutes from work for pistols and PCC's. I am amping up my 9mm supply.

18. moona11

Lose weight maybe? Lol
    Never had that issue with any gun and I ain't skinny

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

My nephew really out shot me with my G2. So it's not the gun, it's you! ;)

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

Most of my weight is out front. No "love handles" to speak of. I sort of wish the rear sight doesn't go away when you put a dot on it. No $ for a dot right now. For $499+tax it's one hell of a bargain! That was the everyday LGS price. I got some extra mags for it too.

Looking at my G43X the front sight is crooked. That comes standard with all Glock models now. :lol: The 48 I traded for it was made in Georgia. This is Austrian.